Most Hated Trophy & Why

ObsiEez

Unobtained:

FFX- Chocobo Rider

18Le3c796.png

This trophy makes you get a timing of 00:00 in the chocobo race against the trainer, which is filled with random balloons and stupid birds that have the pleasure in whacking you all over the place. I tried many times with this on both the PS2 and Vita remakes and never got it, and it stopped me from bothering with the platinum, as usually i like to Platinum every FF game I play and FFX is the only one that I couldn't. There's so much luck involved with this as well, which made it very frustrating that I couldn't be bothered.

Runners up include Tales of Symphonia's platinum requiring 5 playthroughs on a game with no skip, and Tales of Zestiria's sweet 16 trophy for the annoyingly complex skill sheet.

Obtained:

Tales of Vesperia Title Complete

45L425db3.png

I got the platinum in Tales of vesperia after 127 hours back on the PS3, and getting all the titles basically meant 100% for the entire game, including all the numerous missable side quests where many were linked, completing the monster book, getting every item, clearing all levels of every mini game up, having Yuri wear rabbit ears for 5 hours, getting every recipe and winning the cooking contest, opening most of the treasure chests and having your mascot dog repede pee at all corners of the map as well as break records Snowboarding to get Santa costumes. I've never played a game that asked for so much.  But I did love this game and it's my favourite Tales, which is why I bothered with all the effort in getting this trophy for the platinum. 

Runners up include FFXIII Treasure Hunter, Tales of Berseria's A Solid B and Tales of Xillia 2 Battle Sunshine. 

The recent trophy I honestly hated was Exalted from GEMS OF WAR. This is the only gold trophy for the F2P game and it’s based on a new mode called Delve.

For this trophy, the player must get the maximum renown score (2000pts) in a single faction. This score is based on Delve level complete (level 500 = 500pts), Delve complete without casualties (level 500 = 500pts), Delve complete with that Faction troops (level 500 = 500pts) and the Treasure Horde (max level 100 = 500pts).

Now this is the hardest part to explain and that’s why this trophy is bullshit. Players can only play 3 Delves daily. At the end of each Delve it unlocks a chest that gives you troop cards from that faction and Treasures to level up your faction. These treasures have a rarity value, meaning the Commum gives you few XP to level up, while the Mytic gives you a lot more. But this is not enough: when you use up to 5 treasures to level up your faction, you need to pay gold as well. The higher the level you are, the more gold you need to spend.

Finally, there is only one faction team that allows to complete level 500 (and I wasnt leveling up that faction, I spent my hard cash on other faction). All faction troops are garbage to play with, while the AI  Delve troop gives you one-shot-kill most time. You need to play carefully and a lot of luck.

I must say that I might have spent almost 200h for this single trophy :o I had lucky and now I’m one of the very few that actually got this Trophy.

lets hope they never do something like that EVER AGAIN

It is very hard to pick just one trophy, and I'm probably cheating a bit here because I actually attempted a couple of these trophies on my alt because I don't want to put too many unfinished games on my profile, for completionist's sakes.

Digging Deep

24Lcda5d9.png

Finish level 81 or above in arcade Tempest without losing a life in the level

Most people aren't going to know what this trophy is so I'll explain. This is part of an old vintage collection of Atari games, appropriately named the Atari Flashback Classics. This is Tempest, an old game that involves you shooting at various things that come to you as you move about what looks to be a dome of some sort.

Take it from me. This trophy is extremely brutal. Everybody on here knows about Super Meat Boy and some of the other hard games but this is part of a rather obscure trophy list. Only 24 - 25 people have the platinum in Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1, and despite there only being around 3000 game owners this trophy is a sub 1 percent.

I tried beating level 81 for over a hour before I finally decided to give up.

Wingate Whacker

17Lab53b7.png

Defeat the WIngate family. (GUN.SMOKE)

This is part of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet, an old collection of Capcom arcade games that were dominant in the 1980s.

Gun Smoke is arguably the hardest game in the entire collection. You have to play through 10 levels of what is essentially bullet hell.

Enemies are brutal because one hit means one life lost. I don't think the bosses themselves are so much of a challenge as there are a bunch of enemies all on the same screen shooting a bunch of bullets that can all kill you.

Despite infinite continues, I gave up at around the fourth level. This is an extremely difficult trophy to go after, and it makes sense why only 99 people have all the trophies in this collection.

42 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Wingate Whacker

17Lab53b7.png

This is part of the Capcom Arcade Cabinet, an old collection of Capcom arcade games that were dominant in the 1980s.

Gun Smoke is arguably the hardest game in the entire collection. You have to play through 10 levels of what is essentially bullet hell.

Enemies are brutal because one hit means one life lost. I don't think the bosses themselves are so much of a challenge as there are a bunch of enemies all on the same screen shooting a bunch of bullets that can all kill you.

Despite infinite continues, I gave up at around the fourth level. This is an extremely difficult trophy to go after, and it makes sense why only 99 people have all the trophies in this collection.

I had no idea this game was on PS4 (?), even buried in a collection.

I used to play this game down my local arcade in the mid-nineties. I felt I could never get good at it because I never had loads of coins to fling at it. I was a skint teen.

I can still remember the montage of villains popping up on the screen as the intro music plays on the titles. I can still hum that tune. 

That first level was addictive but tricky near the end of it. I think eventually I got good enough to get to the 2nd or 3rd level on most tries but that was as far as I went.

I remember noting the fact that the final villains were 3 outlaws instead of 1 and wondering how brutal that would be. Not that I ever would have got anywhere near them. 

4 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I had no idea this game was on PS4 (?), even buried in a collection.

I used to play this game down my local arcade in the mid-nineties. I felt I could never get good at it because I never had loads of coins to fling at it. I was a skint teen.

I can still remember the montage of villains popping up on the screen as the intro music plays on the titles. I can still hum that tune. 

That first level was addictive but tricky near the end of it. I think eventually I got good enough to get to the 2nd or 3rd level on most tries but that was as far as I went.

I remember noting the fact that the final villains were 3 outlaws instead of 1 and wondering how brutal that would be. Not that I ever would have got anywhere near them. 

Nah this is on PS3, just thought I'd throw it in here.

This game is older than me, but I remember when I was around 9 - 10 years old these old arcade machines were still at my local town. They were pretty old by that point because by the time I got around to playing any arcade game we had House of the Dead, Virtua Fighter and some other newer arcade games that I can't remember the name of.

The arcade shop closed down a few years later, around the early 2000s.

Played it a few times, never got past the first level and I just gave up.

I bought the Capcom Arcade Cabinet because I enjoy their old games. Megaman is still my favorite out of them all however.

I completed Megaman 1 recently (having never played any of them). Didn't enjoy it that much but I've heard no 2 is better so going to try it soon. 

I didn't do my most hated trophy so I'll name it as the "Get 70 gold medals" on Red Dead 2. That basically stopped me going for plat, even though I still spent 5 months on the game offline and on. 

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

Wingate Whacker

17Lab53b7.png

Gun.smoke is one of the hardest games ever. It's remarkable that a game with infinite continues, and checkpoints(!) could be so hard. I got to the (American) Indian dude on stage 6, and just said, "Fuck it" years ago.

The bosses are annoying because they have a delay before they show up (as tons of enemies shoot at you from the bottom of the screen, out of reach), and then become invincible for a period after being harmed. But it's the rank-and-file that make that game so hard.

What I don't have

51Leefa57.png

Truly Awesome from Rayman: Legends.

While this isn't difficult, it is a huge grind that has you completing daily online challenges every day for multiple days/weeks straight.

What I do have:

41Le48223.png

Just Beat it from Yakuza 0

I liked pretty much every aspect of this game aside from this one trophy. The Climax Battles were a pain in general. Sure, some aren't that hard, but there was one in particular that took me a lot longer than it should have (Climax Battle #8).

Most Hated - Have:

47L13706e.png

Committed To The Cause
Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

L2d0ca8.png

It took me around 2 to 3 hours to do all of the multi-player trophies for Assassin's Creed 3. It took me around the same time for the multi-player trophies for Unity.

6 months. ?

6 months! For a mostly single player game.

I just got sick and tired of looking at Black Flag being unfinished and took 3 weekend days and nights grinding up to level 55.

I never wanted to play this game ever again, and I own it also on the PS3 cause I own the America's Collection. Nope not playing that because of this. ?

Most Hated - Don't Have:

25Ld40885.png

The Flapmaster
Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

L14da0b.png

?

?

?

Can't ever rarely get past 3 points. Just F this trophy.  The hit detection for this mini game is ?.

Not even near the wall..still counts as being hit. ? ? ?

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

That i have:

"You got the touch"- God of War. I get migraine just renembering it. Timing your movements and avoiding those damnable spikes that return  you to the very start (at heast you have a save point at your disposal between spiky towers). Just include all of the underworld stage with those moving ledges and those spikes that mean "game over" with one slight hit.

That i don't have:

"Supreme witchslayer"-Knights Contract. ?7 complete playthroughs of the same game full of glitches and bugs? NO, THANKS. I choose to live in peace.

4 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

It took me around 2 to 3 hours to do all of the multi-player trophies for Assassin's Creed 3.

I still need the One For All trophy in Assassins Creed 3, but otherwise the multiplayer is quick and straightforward.

4 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

Most Hated - Have:

47L13706e.png

Committed To The Cause
Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

It took me around 2 to 3 hours to do all of the multi-player trophies for Assassin's Creed 3. It took me around the same time for the multi-player trophies for Unity.

6 months. 1f620.png

6 months! For a mostly single player game.

I just got sick and tired of looking at Black Flag being unfinished and took 3 weekend days and nights grinding up to level 55.

I never wanted to play this game ever again, and I own it also on the PS3 cause I own the America's Collection. Nope not playing that because of this. 1f61d.png

Jesus.

It's very likely you have to boost two of the four DLC trophies, and I know for a fact that barely anybody touches Game Lab anymore so that's another trophy that essentially has to be boosted, unless you're lucky.

Yeah I thought the same, thinking of just selling my copy of Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag on the PS3 to some game collector.

Edited by Spaz

I hate the trophy on Flow, on all PS3, PS4 and Vita systems. Which you get as soon as the game loads for the first time.

I mean this and trophies like it make deleting the trophy list impossible since it is no longer on 0%

• Like 2

I usually don't mind speedrun trophies, difficulty-related trophies, tough trophies that test my skill or patience.. I even don't mind mindless grinding sometimes (although I really would not have wanted to grind 200h in OMDU ? respect there..)

But I do have a problem with trophies that force me to be absolutely bored while playing a game. And there are two trophies that come to mind that do precisely that, and nothing else. 

8L706da6.png

All Talked Out - The Last Guardian

Hear every hint.  

Alright, so you need to play through this game multiple times anyways... And sure, this game has other trophies that are questionable... But this one is just complete bullshit. 

There are a total of 95 hints to be heard during a playthrough, I guess you could say they are a sort of "collectable". How do you get those? By being complete garbage at the game. Seriously, those "hints" are actual hints to help you progress further in case you are stuck. 

But seriously, this game is super easy, so NOBODY will get this naturally. You might get a couple, sure.. some trigger automatically, some trigger pretty quickly while you are solving puzzles. But the majority will need to be waited out. And I mean that literally. You'll find yourself playing with a fucking checklist, idly waiting for those stupid hints to trigger. I kid you not, some take upwards of 40 minutes of standing still before they trigger.

So yes, I hope you can see how this trophy made its dedicated playthrough a boring, tedious, boring (yes, 2x boring) chore. 

14L584621.png

The Strong, Silent Type - Oxenfree

Play the whole game without saying anything.  

Really?? WHY? Ok I'm not a fan of Oxenfree anyways, it's a pretty slow-paced walking simulator, but at least you have some inflluence in how things turn out by choosing from several dialogue options. You can be a complete asshole and everyone will end up hating you, or you could be nice to some and not so nice to others, or whatever you decide to do. 

But for this trophy, you need to just not say anything during the entire playthrough. Yep, just walk along, ignore any question that comes your way, and just be silent. Again, a trophy that bored me to death. Although the game already did a good job at that before I went for it. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 2

Judging from some responses on the forum, Ratalaika games are a big target. xD For me, it was this one.

13L50f240.png

:bronze: Globe Trotter

It took forever, there was no easy way to do it, and it was mind numbing! This was a close second.

11Lb6d30b.png

:silver: Nothing I can't Do!

Same reasons as above. Also, because some of the challenges had to be grinded out.

Obtained:

28Le92685.png

Forging Master :silver: in Nier (PS3) - It's such a mindless grind for ultra rare random drops, hours and hours and hours for a handful of items. You can complete this game in 10 hours, maybe 30-40 if you do all endings, and a sizable chunk of side missions, but because of this trophy, it can be over 60-80. And it's completely random. This trophy broke something in me.

Unobtained:

44L1ccabd.png

It Ain't Easy Being Green in Metal Gear Solid 3 - This is not a hard trophy, but it traumatized me. Shooting every Kerotan, seems pretty straightforward. I was being so careful, following a guide, making sure I saved, and it didn't pop. I tried reloading the last chapter, but nothing. It's the only trophy missing for the platinum, and I've tried to do it again, but I just... can't. It's not fun. The most infuriating part is, that I can't know what I've missed, the game keeps no track of Kerotans. Maybe I'll do it soon (I have already started a more focused playthrough, but gave up halfway), I miss this game, but uuugh.

-

There are more, of course, like... most God of War challenges or harder parts on PS3, doesn't matter if I got them or not, they just made me rage so hard, that I can't go back to any of them anymore, because I'm afraid my heart will give up and just explode. I'm missing exactly one trophy in God of War II and I can't get past the Gauntlet of Archimedes in Ascension, which seems like a pretty straightforward platinum otherwise. Might get back to them, I made some progress with the Challenges in God of War II, but I can do only one at a time, and at a time means a month.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Obtained:

28Le92685.png

Forging Master :silver: in Nier (PS3) - It's such a mindless grind for ultra rare random drops, hours and hours and hours for a handful of items. You can complete this game in 10 hours, maybe 30-40 if you do all endings, and a sizable chunk of side missions, but because of this trophy, it can be over 60-80. And it's completely random. This trophy broke something in me.

Oh boy I feel you there! Eagle eggs were annoying even with the exploit especially

On 11/04/2019 at 4:45 PM, SirPigFace said:

78Sb1961f.png

Masterminds 
GTA Online: Complete all 3 Criminal Mastermind challenges in The Doomsday Heist.

No question about this one ? each run takes over 10 hours and there is so many bugs and glitches that can ruin your progress so you have to restart. Looking to finally finish it off on the weekend and then GTA will be deleted for good ?

Totally agree on this one.

I don't really like GTAV to begin with (I havent reinstalled it since before this update even dropped so...) but the idea of having to do the same long and probably boring (if the previous heists are anything to go by) challenge 3 seperate times, just with a different quantity of players sounds utterly awful. I used to remember disliking Heists enough as it was because you couldn't ever find anyone (unless you were playing a finale) and they were still super dull, so what's the odds you'll find a group of 4 willing to tackle the entire thing without getting killed, and do it all over again 2 more times? Or wait, maybe even 3 more times since you'd have to do the 3 player one twice so everyone gets it (or find another player each after you split off into pairs for the 2 player one)

Seems like a lot of time and hassle in an already shitty game just for the sake of a trophy, and not even a 'prestigious' one at that, since there's load of exploits to make it easy for some people, it's just a case of who decides to literally waste away their time for the sake of one silver. 

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
Double posted??
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Totally agree on this one.

I don't really like GTAV to begin with (I havent reinstalled it since before this update even dropped so...) but the idea of having to do the same long and probably boring (if the previous heists are anything to go by) challenge 3 seperate times, just with a different quantity of players sounds utterly awful. I used to remember disliking Heists enough as it was because you couldn't ever find anyone (unless you were playing a finale) and they were still super dull, so what's the odds you'll find a group of 4 willing to tackle the entire thing without getting killed, and do it all over again 2 more times? Or wait, maybe even 3 more times since you'd have to do the 3 player one twice so everyone gets it (or find another player each after you split off into pairs for the 2 player one)

Seems like a lot of time and hassle in an already shitty game just for the sake of a trophy, and not even a 'prestigious' one at that, since there's load of exploits to make it easy for some people, it's just a case of who decides to literally waste away their time for the sake of one silver. 

the old Heists dont even compare with this awful shit ? you have to complete like 29 missions on each run and hope you dont get a randomly reset. The only way you can do this is using the quit scumming technique. You run into problems where enemies will randomly spawn beside you and not only that some enemies can randomly laserbeam headshot you so fast you wont even get a chance to react. I lost 4 different runs over half way through for no reason, we would be completing a mission in a public session and it would just kick someone out and you are back to 0/29. I think when it was first released it was a lot easier because it had problems were it wouldn't reset you when you died. I was close to giving up but lucky I managed to complete CM4 and CM3 with the same group of people pretty fast and easy.

Probably the legend trophy for Yakuza Kiwami. The game is amazing but chapter 9 has a car chase scene which you have to do and if you fail you have to start the entire level again. Which means stage battle, boss battle and then car chase. Took me 32 attempts but man did I f**king hate it when eventually the legend trophy popped. 

Right now  it might sounds silly but my most Hated Trophy(s) are 2 trophies for beating The Surge.

Brave New World
Finish the game without corrupting the Utopia protocols

For the Good of Mankind
Finish the game after corrupting the Utopia protocols

I Spend over 60h+ doing everything and farming since game is quite enjoyable. After final boss fight game crashed during credits and no trophy unlocked since they only pop up after credits and game already overwritten the save game (since only one save slot ) and have to start all over again from NG+...

Now only hope is to push through the game again make backup save before making decisions and pray to RNG that game will not crash this time.

Hail to the King - Final Fantasy IX

23La6e690.png

This trophy took me weeks and caused some of the worst gamer rage of my life. Omfg, I'll NEVER do this trophy again! This has got to be one of the stupidest mini games ever made in a game. Idk what SquareSoft was thinking when they came up with it. Getting this trophy almost ruined this game for me.

Don't get cocky, kid - Dead Space

33L4394b7.png

Words can't express how much I hated doing this. Everything about this dumbass trophy was based on luck and patience. It took me months to do it. 

Working Hard - Dead Rising 4

29Lf2cd81.png

This trophy was about the worst only because getting people to help in MP was kinda of a pain in the ass to do. Boosting the MP trails was boring as hell at times when all four of us had to sit there and take turns doing certain ones like getting the to the safe zone first, getting first kill, ect. The MP wouldn't have been to bad if it wasn't broken just like the rest of the game. Speaking of which, I ended up having to do all the story trails again on a different save cause the Master Journalist trophy glitched when collecting some of my blueprints. Ugh, thinking about this makes me want to drink ?

Edited by FireFoxie

I'm sure I'd have plenty of these to share, but with 6,380 trophies to look through it'd be a chore. These two are from recent memory and were/are still frustrating just thinking about them.

Obtained

37Lb3372f.png

Fector's Challenge - Stardew Valley

This has to be one of the most ridiculous trophies I have ever seen. Not only is it really hard to get (0.90% rarity, up quite a few points since I got it), it has nothing to do with Stardew Valley at all. This is a mini game which can be played at the saloon, or at your home should you finish it with or without this trophy. One of the girls you can marry has a console version of this game that you must help her with during a date event, but that is a one time deal. To get this trophy, you must finish Journey of the Prairie King without dying once. The game itself is a twin stick shooter (left analog to move, right to shoot), and you die in one hit. The gameplay isn't too bad, but the worst part of it is the RNG. There are times where you see hardly any coins or powerups which makes the game that much harder.

Unobtained

56Lf15291.png

What the ...? - Cities: Skylines

This trophy has been driving me nuts for almost a year now ever since the Natural Disasters DLC for Cities came out.. Unlike the other disasters you can make happen whenever you see fit, there is no forcing this one. It's all down to the RNG and from what I've read its about a 1 in 700 chance to happen. I've been trying to get this trophy for hundreds of hours now. There are times where I'd see 5 disasters in 90 minutes, other times I'd go 4 hours without seeing 1.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 0:03 AM, Caldor2K2 said:

Unobtained

56Lf15291.png

What the ...? - Cities: Skylines

This trophy has been driving me nuts for almost a year now ever since the Natural Disasters DLC for Cities came out.. Unlike the other disasters you can make happen whenever you see fit, there is no forcing this one. It's all down to the RNG and from what I've read its about a 1 in 700 chance to happen. I've been trying to get this trophy for hundreds of hours now. There are times where I'd see 5 disasters in 90 minutes, other times I'd go 4 hours without seeing 1.

That's pretty shitty.

The game itself looks pretty solid.