Previously Banned profiles changing names

On 12/04/2019 at 7:26 PM, Knightmare_1985 said:

ps. everyone on the Aus leaderboard knows it was you who got his profile banned in the first place. 

You must concede this current turn of events is hilarious. Ironically it was not of my doing but one must see the humour in it. I do hope your still laughing. I certainly am. Funny how things work out. 

Edited by cjshaitan

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, BlindMango said:

Once Sly applies the name change update this will get fixed, I haven't been given a new time estimate on when that will be though =/

That's all good. Was just wondering what the go was. Thanks for the update :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2019 at 11:49 AM, BlindMango said:

Yep, Sly still needs to switch the site from linking guides & flags to usernames and switch it over to linking them via Account ID, he says he should be done with that soon and then it will retroactively reflag users or link guides to people that changed their names

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 9:21 AM, BlindMango said:

Once Sly applies the name change update this will get fixed, I haven't been given a new time estimate on when that will be though =/

Is this all done yet, the leaderboards are still riddled with cheating filth, the profile mentioned at the start of this topic is still on the leaderboard, he/she/it even purchased premium. I sincerely hope that purchase of premium membership wasn’t enough to save he/she/it from the ban hammer. 

9 minutes ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

Is this all done yet, the leaderboards are still riddled with cheating filth, the profile mentioned at the start of this topic is still on the leaderboard, he/she/it even purchased premium. I sincerely hope that purchase of premium membership wasn’t enough to save he/she/it from the ban hammer. 

It's not done yet. Don't worry.

30 minutes ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

Lol that won’t save them

Sly told me last I talked to him that he’s still working on that among other fixes regarding name changes, but it will retroactively link those users and re-apply the flags

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@MMDE @B1rvine @Sly Ripper so now the account in question has earnt trophies from a future timeline, and is now #1 in Australia.....seriously how much longer is this person going to stay here???

this is the trophies earnt in the future https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4542-one-piece-burning-blood/professionaljedi

Edited by Knightmare_1985

25 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Relax, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. He IS a Jedi after all, and professional to boot. 

lol this is true. As funny as that is, an entire country/continent is looking up at a proven hacker/cheater in the #1 spot on the leaderboard, for us its not as funny

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@Knightmare_1985 I can remove the account from the leaderboard, with the reasoning being he utilized the name change feature and noting his previously flagged games. I've done it with other accounts. Only Sly Ripper can implement the site code where it's automatically removed via linking of accounts, and where the system automatically recognizes previously flagged people. If I manually remove him by just applying flags, that really doesn't solve the problem of the feature not being there yet and doing it for all accounts I'm not as "aware" of. I share your frustration since its a lot of extra work flagging people twice (or more) now... Again I'm sort of using this account to point at to see if the feature is completed or not.

I'll take this moment to suggest a new leaderboard policy. 

We should really change the leaderboard policy to one flagged game justifying removal. We should also implement the policy that hidden trophies disqualifies you from the leaderboard. My justification of such a change:

One flag should be the standard since this reflects the rules similar to other trophy sites, it's what more professional sports policies are, and closer follows the strict standards of Guinness (which uses PSNP for their records). It's very frustrating to see known cheaters on the top of the leaderboards who have one / two flags and smartened up from before. 

As for the hidden games being justification for removal, smart cheaters will just hide the games immediately after messing up, multiple times over the years, and they're never flagged. Again, you also don't see professional sports teams with "hidden records" that affect their overall standings. Hidden games also creates a false sense of a true record, for people that display "fake" 100% accounts. Finally, cheaters are hiding games, changing their name, and this would just be much easier to deal with them in this manner.

Please consider this change @Sly Ripper

Rebuttals to expected responses:

"I shouldn't be removed because I don't want to show this game!!!" 

The game is part of your true history, it should be reflected in your ranking. See the analysis with sports teams.

"I was hacked on BO2, GTA V, or did FUEL / SOCOM long ago."

These can be re-reviewed or specific games can be removed from the one strike policy. 

"I'm forced to have hidden trophies due to Sony nontrophy upload issues, or have an exceptional reason"

It can be implemented where the flag team can "lift" the hidden trophy exception.

"I only cheated one game and am suddenly off the leaderboards. WAAAAAH"

You're a cheater. You don't belong on the leaderboards. Read up on Billy Mitchell.

I know this is controversial and many people won't like it, but its the right thing to do.

I 100% agree with everything right there and I'm sure many many others do

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Relax, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. He IS a Jedi after all, and professional to boot. 

0c5.png

I've seen hacker's profiles in the past with trophy timestamps earlier than 1983 but never have I come across a single timestamp ahead of time until now.

Edited by RigbyIsWashed439
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@Knightmare_1985 I can remove the account from the leaderboard, with the reasoning being he utilized the name change feature and noting his previously flagged games. I've done it with other accounts. Only Sly Ripper can implement the site code where it's automatically removed via linking of accounts, and where the system automatically recognizes previously flagged people. If I manually remove him by just applying flags, that really doesn't solve the problem of the feature not being there yet and doing it for all accounts I'm not as "aware" of. I share your frustration since its a lot of extra work flagging people twice (or more) now... Again I'm sort of using this account to point at to see if the feature is completed or not.

I'll take this moment to suggest a new leaderboard policy. 

We should really change the leaderboard policy to one flagged game justifying removal. We should also implement the policy that hidden trophies disqualifies you from the leaderboard. My justification of such a change:

One flag should be the standard since this reflects the rules similar to other trophy sites, it's what more professional sports policies are, and closer follows the strict standards of Guinness (which uses PSNP for their records). It's very frustrating to see known cheaters on the top of the leaderboards who have one / two flags and smartened up from before. There are also cases where CFW is 100% confirmed one time, and this should be automatic removal.

As for the hidden games being justification for removal, smart cheaters will just hide the games immediately after messing up, multiple times over the years, and they're never flagged. Again, you also don't see professional sports teams with "hidden records" that affect their overall standings. Hidden games also creates a false sense of a true record, for people that display "fake" 100% accounts. Finally, cheaters are hiding games, changing their name, and this would just be much easier to deal with them in this manner.

Please consider this change @Sly Ripper

Rebuttals to expected responses:

The game is part of your true history, it should be reflected in your ranking. See the analysis with sports teams.

"I was hacked on BO2, GTA V, or did FUEL / SOCOM long ago."

These can be re-reviewed or specific games can be removed from the one strike policy. 

"I'm forced to have hidden trophies due to Sony nontrophy upload issues, or have an exceptional reason"

It can be implemented where the flag team can "lift" the hidden trophy exception.

"I only cheated one game and am suddenly off the leaderboards. WAAAAAH"

You're a cheater. You don't belong on the leaderboards. Read up on Billy Mitchell.

I know this is controversial and many people won't like it, but its the right thing to do.

i have to say upon reading this again, this is the only post I've ever seen on this site that i 100% agree with and would gladly support

46 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Could there be function to hide this history from me, and to allow them being seen by others, who wants to see them? Some "stories" I have are one minute long, and one story just a heartbreaking one. I'm not really care about leaderboards, but about safely hiding certain games.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

TLDR: Leaderboards =/= Tracking. 

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Isn’t the right thing to do whatever Sly wants to do with his leaderboard

Sly's decision is ultimately what matters, yeah. This is a proposal intended to convincing him of what I believe is a better way.

Didn’t he originally say 5-ish strikes because people deserve leniency for stuff, then he was convinced two strikes was still fair? Isn’t he the one who said one trophy by itself isn’t enough for a flag, again because shit happens?

You're confusing the 5 strikes with the 5 checkboxes needed to be selected to file a report for a single game. The suggestion isn't for selecting one trophy to flag a game, its for removing someone with a definite confirmed single cheated game instead of requiring three definite cheated games. The current limit is three strikes, not two, and those extra two were intended originally for early PS3 games like SOCOM / FUEL or other games that didn't lock your save being limited to only you using it, and before the rules were created. Its also at three strikes for people that use their own save but may not have "cheated." This was more simply explained in my rebuttal I made above. "Shit happening [to a single trophy]" doesn't apply, we'd just not flag a game in that situation, unless there's reason to know its cheated, like a server shutdown situation.

Comparing this leaderboard to paid professionals leaderboards is false comparison and takes this too seriously.

Twin Galaxies which records video game high scores isn't really a paid professional sport either, but their methods are even stricter than here, literally requiring taped footage of the entire runs just to be included in the leaderboard. They report video game records to Guinness. Guinness has used PSNP for trophies. I listed multiple reasons for my suggestions.

The part I have the most problem with is any hidden trophies disqualifies inclusion.

I suggested this for multiple reasons as an all-of-the-above good reason, but it was never because hidden trophies are always assumed to be cheated. I did include that as part of the reason though, since this does happen, and its provable they have cheated hidden trophies, and we can't do a thing about it with the current rules. IMO it's more about an entire record should be on display to be on a leaderboard, because its "true" and "accurate" then. I know this isn't a professional sport, but it would be silly if a professional football team ranked 1st place has 6 wins not counted on their record, and is now ranked second, or they didn't like one of their players they had on the team so removed all record of him by taking out those played games. As stated in the rebuttal, people who just want to hide games can be re-included if we were given the option 'unflag hidden trophies', if they really just want to hide trophies for some reason but this would be reserved for maybe one or two games someone didn't like, as a courtesy, not a profile that's got 45,000 hidden trophies, two flags already, and sitting in the top 200 leaderboard. 

6 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Could there be function to hide this history from me, and to allow them being seen by others, who wants to see them? Some "stories" I have are one minute long, and one story just a heartbreaking one. I'm not really care about leaderboards, but about safely hiding certain games.

If you don't care about being on the leaderboards, this wouldn't affect you. Your profile would just be unranked.  It sounds like your really asking if an exception can be made to stay on the leaderboard. Possibly.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 4

Yeah making people unhide their trophies would be the only way to solve that if the system isn't catching them. I know people who have been back on the leader-board from day 1 of the name change cause they kept the trophies hidden. I'm not going to name them since its games where they ended up in hacked lobbies and that crap should be whitelisted to begin with. I honestly stopped caring about the leader-board after getting passed by like 30 people who only play stacks upon stacks of 1 hour or less games. The top profiles are all looking the same with nothing but common plats. The one flag sucks unless you do a whitelist for games and become waaaay more lenient on games where there may be a couple of trophies out of order that you can't prove they cheated but it looks weird. I'd be up for it if we stopped counting stacks haha or implemented a second leader-board that doesn't include them

• Like 2