How do i sprint?

Stupid question incoming. I hold down :r2: and all connor does it a fast walk, i've seen videos of other running and connor takes some huge steps and run twice as fast as i do. I've tried all the combinations, holding :circle: at the same time as :r2: is the closest i have come to a sprint but that is only when a person is near and connors gets ready to tackle them. Help me please Sequence 8 when you need to kill Hickey is impossible without the sprint. 

edit. Before anyone says just google it, trust me i've tried.

Edited by itzzh3lixx

It's just R2, it's most likely your controller. Some of the PS4 controllers sometimes have problems with the R2 button, it doesn't always make full contact. The annoying thing is it only has problems with certain games, and this game is one of them. My newer controller was charging during AC3 Remastered on Sequence 8, and I couldn't catch him with my old controller because I couldn't sprint.. Once I switched controllers, there were no problems.

If you don't have another controller to try it with, sometimes applying a lot of pressure on the upper part of the R2 button will work.

• Like 3

You've played the first 8 sequences without being able to sprint?

I'm not sure what the problem might be. R2 without any other buttons is sprinting for me, and X is for fast walking.

Do you have any custom button assignments that might be interfering with it? I lost the ability to parry in Odyssey after I switched some buttons around.

Edit: After seeing the comment above, it's probably a controller issue. I tested it and holding the button lightly does result in a jog. It's only a sprint when it's fully pressed.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Remap your R2 to R1 and see if you can now sprint. If so, your R2 is busted. Happens to most of the v1 PS4 controllers.

That must be it, tried both my controllers and neither of them get me to full sprint. Bought both of them at the release of PS4 back in 2013 so i guess they are pretty damn old. How do i revamp them? All i can do in settings is switch inverted camera and sensitivty

Edited by itzzh3lixx
  • Like 1