Help with 100% Happiness Settlements

blazinghelldash

Hello!

I have been looking up many ways to achieving this trophy but no matter what I do, every method that I have tried has either been

having issues or take too many resources

(Such as dealing with trying to collect softshelled Mirelurk meat)

What is a concrete method of achieving 100% happiness??

Thank you for reading!

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

There are a few methods in the trophy guide here you could try. I would assume they all or at least some still work.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3638-fallout-4-trophy-guide#28-benevolent-leader

For some of the methods stated in the guide, it calls on using the red rocket station as a base to use, whenever I do use that area, I remove whatever settlers are there to start fresh but theres always "1" where I can not find no matter what, I use the bell to summon everyone and move them and I remove the provider connecting bases but theres one person there still

I feel like thats throwing off amount of settlers that should be there since its one extra settler wasting space despite not being anywhere

What happiness setting are you at? What I did is use the the red rocket station as my base, had like 3 people there, (had more beds, electricity, water and food), had a trade route connected it, lots of furniture. I also stayed and waited in the base until it got to 100%

3 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

What happiness setting are you at? What I did is use the the red rocket station as my base, had like 3 people there, (had more beds, electricity, water and food), had a trade route connected it, lots of furniture. I also stayed and waited in the base until it got to 100%

EDIT: I am at 63% so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cjk1eRKuFw

I've been using the 3rd method of the trophy guide thats available for Fallout 4, just didnt want a ghosted settler taking space/resources if I cant do anything with them

Edited by blazinghelldash

3 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

For some of the methods stated in the guide, it calls on using the red rocket station as a base to use, whenever I do use that area, I remove whatever settlers are there to start fresh but theres always "1" where I can not find no matter what, I use the bell to summon everyone and move them and I remove the provider connecting bases but theres one person there still

I feel like thats throwing off amount of settlers that should be there since its one extra settler wasting space despite not being anywhere

It's been a long time since I've played it but I don't remember having that issue. It sounds like that area is glitched then :/ Either that or a settler for some reason went there before you tried doing it but I don't know why you wouldn't be able to find them unless they spawned underground or a place you can't reach them which would be weird.

Hopefully the other methods work for you then. If worse comes to worse you might have to try and start a new game and just make a run for Red Rocket station while you can and hope the missing settler doesn't spawn there.

I got this like a week after the games release, back then i just built tons of stores and that worked wonders. Still took forever and sometimes you got to 99 and never to 100 but i saved right before building everything and tried again until i got it.

9 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

I might grind a bit to put half of my settlers into surgery stores and the rest on food and just hope that works

I remember using a money glitch by resting a vendor and buy something cheap and selling it for more then i bought it for. But i think it has been patched. But you could google and see if there is a money glitch. Alternatively you can backup your save then sell everything you've got build stores and get the trophy then download you backup again.

20 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I remember using a money glitch by resting a vendor and buy something cheap and selling it for more then i bought it for. But i think it has been patched. But you could google and see if there is a money glitch. Alternatively you can backup your save then sell everything you've got build stores and get the trophy then download you backup again.

I'm finally at 96% with Stores now but the percentage will either stay in place or will always drop in happiness, I've placed around 10 tvs and a few jukeboxes to try to keep it up but nothing is helping.

Probably one of the most headache of trophies to get so far for me

22 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

I'm finally at 96% with Stores now but the percentage will either stay in place or will always drop in happiness, I've placed around 10 tvs and a few jukeboxes to try to keep it up but nothing is helping.

Probably one of the most headache of trophies to get so far for me

At this point if you have enough softshell mirelurk meat, you should just keep catching cats. I think around 20 should be enough and maybe 4 to 5 brahmin too just to be sure.

1 minute ago, HellcoreFire said:

At this point if you have enough softshell mirelurk meat, you should just keep catching cats. I think around 20 should be enough and maybe 4 to 5 brahmin too just to be sure.

Funny that you mentioned that, I actually didnt know about the Far Harbor DLC added that for the settlement and I have never collected any for sole purpose for cats so I'd have to start off with none

but if it comes down to it, i'll bite the bullet and do that

1 minute ago, ZJW44 said:

If I remember correctly, it helps to make sure all the stores you build are of the highest quality (most expensive). Also make sure you assign all extra settlers you have to work in the stores. 

Yeah, I made sure to get the Surgery clinic since I was reading on how thats the best ones

Its just that when i am reassigning the settlers/companions to the spot i need them to be, theres a chance that EVERYONE unassign themselves from everything, making me hate this game a little bit more

15 minutes ago, blazinghelldash said:

Funny that you mentioned that, I actually didnt know about the Far Harbor DLC added that for the settlement and I have never collected any for sole purpose for cats so I'd have to start off with none

but if it comes down to it, i'll bite the bullet and do that

That's right, I forgot you need that DLC to make cages. Probably because I bought the GOTY Edition so I had the full game from the start.

i did the 1 settler method as well using one of the tier 3 stores, having enough food and water in the workshop for the settler, i then placed pictures to get the settlement to a large settlement, the best thing is that u can stack them on top of each other.

then i would sleep for a while wait for the happiness to rise and repeat until i got 100%

this was after trying a few of the other methods that were in the guide.

31 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

i did the 1 settler method as well using one of the tier 3 stores, having enough food and water in the workshop for the settler, i then placed pictures to get the settlement to a large settlement, the best thing is that u can stack them on top of each other.

then i would sleep for a while wait for the happiness to rise and repeat until i got 100%

this was after trying a few of the other methods that were in the guide.

This is how I did it too.