[HTA] Want some help there?

TheYuriG

• 4 months later...

Most colossi have spots near the weak point but not directly on where you can safely grip and he won't shake you off as much. Even some, like in the case of the second last colossus, I was able to luckily find a spot where I can full stab several times in a row without being shaken and it shaves off time significantly. On the 3rd colossi, I found the best strategy was to not have him hit the ground where he loses his armor but the jump from the sword to his stomach with his armor intact. Taking out his midsection (I used mostly half stabs as full stabs are too risky) jumped from his midsection to his arm, climbed out and took out the head with over a minute to spare then all that was left was behind his other arm which, in my opinion, is the easiest. Take your time getting there and you should be able to take him out in 4 half stabs or 2 full ones.

I wouldn't use any PS2 game strategies for reference because the games are tweaked a bit, if you're going to watch a video watch a Ps3 version.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've just done all the HTA and had difficulties (of course) on the #3, #4 and #15, the others with some tries you should do well.

#4 if you haven't seen youtube videos for PS3, you should be looking for a spot behind the legs that you can jump with agro and grip jump to upper parts. so you can climb with some lucky on that monster's behind and save 1 minute of time and make him doable without worrying too much to have a perfect run. Try to go for his shoulders first and then go for his neck then head.

#15 is a little hard and you need to know him. There is a way to climb up the colossus while it stomps on the ground, but I found it harder to reach him that way, than doing the whole normal process of jump on the platforms and waiting for him to punch the place down. I've repeated him like 20 times at least so I could understand what I really needed to do.

Some tips for #15 - The head spot is easy if you find THAT sweet spot. It is close to its spine and on the right with your legs touching the spine... you feel like you're almost off the vital, but you can hit it with full power a lot and without worrying of unbalancing even when he does his leaning move forward and backwards. If you didn't find this spot you should try again, because it SAVES you a lot of time.

After the head you should go for his right arm and make him drop his weapon, after the cut-scene climb up again and try to regain your stamina at his back. there is a sweet spot at his right side of the back (near the spine) that you should press all the time R1 and he doesn't unbalance while the colossus stop shaking and regain stamina while he walks.

Now the hardest part of the colossus. His chest. There is a sweet spot (I can't say precisely where it is, but try to be more to your left - the colossus's right side - and more to the upper part) that you can only hit it between his body shake moves, so try not to hit with full power because while he walks you unbalance a lot and loose that sweet spot. YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR STAMINA, relax, its normal. What I did when the stamina is almost fading was not to try to climb him up, but to fall down to the ground...

After you fall down, try not to die while he walks... he can stun you with his walk then stomp and kill you (lost one good time by dying with his stomp while I got stunned by his walk when I fell)

Kill his hand, then go back to hit his chest again if you didn't killed it in the first try (You're pretty lucky if you've killed the chest in one try). If you fall down a second time, MAYBE you still have time to kill him, but you need to have lucky finding the chest's sweet spot and hit it between his shake moves. (Yeah, it's annoying how he looses balance in the whole colossus's body while the colossus walk)

#3 Is what makes everybody loose its sanity. Firstly, I beat it up with 4:38, and it took me 30 seconds to BE on his belly the first time. so you can still kill him (almost impossible) by the normal way, but you should not only make a perfect time, but need to beat the world record to kill him.

Some tips for #3 - I've saw a lot of youtube videos, and in the PS2 version is a HELL OF A LOT EASIER. But you're playing PS3 version.

You can't wait to break his bracelet so you should use it to your advantage. The order should be Belly, head than his Arm.

To get up on him fast, there is a sweet spot on his weapon when he strikes the floor that you should wait and when he retracts his weapon you should jump and reach his belly platform. Firstly go to the light space of mud and keep hitting with arrows until he does his move. The sweet spot is close to a little broken part near the middle of the weapon more to your character is right. You should position yourself close to this spot and hold R1 until he retracts (It took me a lot of time to understand WHERE and WHEN to jump). The moment to jump is when he is pulling his weapon close to his body without the upwards and downwards movement (it's trial and error)

After knowing when to jump on his belly you should learn him.

His belly - You can only hit his belly while he shakes or when he does his head leaning movement forward. When he walks you loose a lot of balance.

The sweet spot is on your left - the colossus is right - more to the middle (not up nor down, on the middle) and you should even hit him (with low power) once or twice while he walks before he does his belly shake again (While on the belly shake you should try to hit close to full power... but not full power or you loose balance, and while he is walking you should try to hit as fast as possible and with little power).

So to kill the belly vital faster, you should look forward to his leaning body movement. You can trigger this movement when you step up on HIS right arm. So, when you got on his belly platform, he probably should do his belly shake, you can try to hit him once, but I advise you to wait to jump to his bracelet and try to get up his back as fast as possible, so when he leans his head forward you jump down to his belly and you can have a 3 free full power hits on his belly. Now it should be 4 to 5 more hits to kill his belly with non full power hits and go for his head.

When he finishes his belly shake, take care not to loose balance at the end of the movement if you're going for another place, so keep pressing R1 on the platform to make sure to keep balance (IT'S ANNOYING HOW HE LOOSES HIS  BALANCE AND YOU LOOSE PRECIOUS TIME HERE)

If you're close to 2 minutes you're up to it, but you still need to be perfect.

On his head you should always try to maintain closer to the back of his head, with your legs to the back of his legs, but when he shakes it while leaning forward you WILL loose your sweet spot and your position. So I advise you to try to re-position yourself (the direction matters here) so you won't loose balance while he walks and can still hit him (don't try full power hits)

After his head (you probably will hit a lot on his head, like 8 hits) try to go to his right shoulder to trigger his leaning forward movement again and go for his left arm.

It should take 3 full power or 4 to 5 non full power hits to finish it off. When he stops his leaning movement, try not to hit full power, because while he walks you WILL unbalance.

IT's ANNOYING THE WAY THE CHARACTER LOOSE HIS BALANCE ON TRIVIAL MOMENTS AND YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR SANITY WITH HIM (Lol)

Good luck and keep calm, you'll need it

Edited by DropeRj

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the tip. All in all i think 15, 1, 3 & 4 will take the most re-trys since they have extra attack points!

#1 I went for the head main attack point then the arm attack point...

#3 I jumped on the sword then jumped onto the platform waited for him to do his shake then jumped to the right arm went up mid elbow causing him to look for the problem, before he leans i jump back to the belly platform while he's lent over it gives me enough time to attack the belly full force so i can deal with that point all the way till it's gone. Next I jump back to the right arm going up to his head causing hin to do the motion to find/shake me again giving me time to attack the head point 2 times at 3/4 power, once he goes to shake me off i jump onto his back so i don't waist time getting shaked also getting my strength back at the same time. When he comes back up I got 3 more 3/4 power hits until he went to shake again. Repeated untill head point was gone! Next the left arm point, for that i went back to the right shoulder so he can motion to look/shake me off & that caused the left arm to come above which gave me a easy jump to the point & attacked till it was gone! 

Edited by Bizz-dono

• 3 years later...

Finally beat the 3rd on HTA. Spent 30 hours...

My time is 4:11:14

Sword Jump succeed rate was less than 5% to me, so i have used this youtube guide. 

Hope this helps :)

And another great video. I luckily had same head spot as him, so I have finished head part with one full stamina.

Edited by Ellieeeeeaeeeeee
  • Like 2