Back in 1995...

Banana_Sausage47

19 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

1995 was a scary time. Grunge was dying and its corpse rapidly becoming commercialized, the PSOne seemed doomed by terrible launch titles, Japanese cultists were killing people with chemical attacks, and Disney actually thought Pocahontas was a good follow-up to The Lion King.

If that's not a good psychological backdrop for your period horror game, I don't know what is.

So that's where all those Japanese novel/movie plots about crazy cultists come from...

On 4/13/2019 at 7:14 AM, AK-1138 said:

1995 was a scary time. Grunge was dying and its corpse rapidly becoming commercialized, the PSOne seemed doomed by terrible launch titles, Japanese cultists were killing people with chemical attacks, and Disney actually thought Pocahontas was a good follow-up to The Lion King.

If that's not a good psychological backdrop for your period horror game, I don't know what is.

Don’t forget about the OJ Simpson trial, the extreme rise in incarceration among African Americans, the West Coast - East Coast rap war with 2Pac and Biggie Smalls that ended with guns and deaths, the terrible launch of the Sega Saturn with no Sonic launch title, the decline in good American cartoons, the rise in steroid use in Major League Baseball, the Oklahoma City Bombing, the beginning and rise of poorly dubbed Japanese Anime in the United States, the beginning of the end for good sitcoms, and the alienation and overly politically correct nature of the American government. 

We think of 1995 as nostalgia, including myself because we were just kids that didn’t know any better. But there was a lot of shit then that wasn’t pretty. 

• Like 2