Online Mini Guide?

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Hello together,

is there something like a mini guide for the online part of Far cry 2?

I have 3 Ps3s, so I would boost everything myself.
Is there anything like an effective plan to stick to?

With which trophys does it make sense to start?
When does it make sense to use the glitch for level 30, only when I'm done with all the other stuff?
How exactly does this work with the diamonds?
I heard the servers are very unstable, is it better to reconnect completely after 2-3 games?

Does anyone else have things that he would recommend, which I can do by the way, without that everything is too boring? ^^
So far I would stay with series, movies and podcasts :D

Thanks for the help!

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

4 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Thank you!

I will stick to that! :)

If i get the level 30 trophy first, this will not be a problem and i will not get flagged right? 

No problem :) No you shouldn't be flagged, it's technically an in-game glitch and not a trophy hack so you should be fine, it's a pretty well known glitch among people that have played this too. :) 

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

Few things to keep in mind in addition to the above.

1) The game has a spawn shield so the characters getting killed have to fire at least one shot, otherwise they'll take like 10% damage.

2) There's a cap of 1500 persistent XP per match. Any XP you gain in a match over this will be deducted from your total XP the next time you log on. This is what actually enables the negative XP rank 30 glitch but it also makes it so there's little point going above 1500XP in a match.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

If i get the level 30 trophy first, this will not be a problem and i will not get flagged right? 

You won't get flagged if you get level 30 first, but if you'd prefer to leave it until last, that's easy enough to do as well. The most important thing is just to never place all 18 diamonds in the slots until you have the level 30 trophy.

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

You won't get flagged if you get level 30 first, but if you'd prefer to leave it until last, that's easy enough to do as well. The most important thing is just to never place all 18 diamonds in the slots until you have the level 30 trophy.

Ok Sounds good to me.

How long does it take to get from around 20 back to Level 1 and then to 30?

So i dont have to touch the Diamonds at any time, right ?

41 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Ok Sounds good to me.

How long does it take to get from around 20 back to Level 1 and then to 30?

So i dont have to touch the Diamonds at any time, right ?

If you do want to get the level 30 trophy at the end, there are a few things to keep in mind. Number 1, like I said before, never place your 18th diamond. You can place as many of the others as you want, and actually you have to place them in order to unlock the weapons that you need to work on, but once you place the 18th diamond, you can't ever take it back and you're locked out from doing the Warlord glitch. So don't do that. This isn't even an issue until you unlock that final diamond to use at I think level 18 or 19, and by then you'll know what's going on, but this is just an early warning here. I've seen many people who have messed this up.

Because you need to unlock all weapons at some point, but you can't unlock them all at the same time (this would require you to place all diamonds, which we already promised we wouldn't do), the best way to do it is to start working on only one class (I chose Saboteur as it requires the fewest kills to complete). Unlock all weapons in that class (3 diamonds total) and complete all manuals for each of those weapons. Once you've finished it, reset your diamonds. This will drop you down a level (if you do this early on you won't lose much xp at all), and it will also lock those completed weapons and return the diamonds to you to use on the other classes. Then if you never touch that class again, you won't even come close to accidentally placing all diamonds. Bonus.

Aside from that, basically just work on all the weapons and by the time you're finished with them you should be close to level 20. Once you've got the level 20 trophy, you can level down to 0 and do the glitch to get to 30 within an hour or so total. Actually, you could combine most of this time with the Safari Tour trophy (play every map), because you have to play a 2 minute match in between each level you drop down. Choose a different map each time and easy as that, 2 for 1.

Some general tips that I didn't see in SlimSanta's post:

• Play on uprising for pretty much everything. I also preferred Dirty Work map for most things. Some people like Last Bastion but... I say only for kill/revive method.
  • On uprising, one player on each team is randomly assigned as the captain. They are worth more xp to kill. So if you are doing the kill/revive method, make sure you kill the captain, not the other guy.
  • Work on executions and headshots for a given weapon first. Then use the kill/revive method to get the kills that are leftover. This is because you get kills while working on the other two anyway (an execution is a kill then an execution, and a headshot isn't a kill but you might miss plenty and get kills instead).
  • If you are getting a lot more than 1500xp each match (kill revive method could get you 6000xp+, regular killing 2000xp+), you don't get to keep any more than that 1500xp, so it might be worth ending the match early by capturing all the points then killing the captain. If you throw away too much xp overall, you might be well short of level 20 by the time you're done with the weapons.
  • There are various spawns that are good on both sides of the map. Your goal is to get the dummies to alternate between two spawn points. Sometimes you might want to be able to see both spawns from one spot and just aim and shoot (say if you're working on snipers). Some spawns require you to run back and forth between them (good for shotguns). My point here is to try out all kinds of spots to find what works for each weapon. You'll have plenty of time for it.
  • Pray that you make it through the MGL-140. And be grateful you don't have to do it twice more for your boosting partners. By far the worst part of the boost.

I think that's about it. Have fun. Find some podcasts. Seriously. A lot of podcasts.

• Like 3

@SlimSanta94

@mekktor

Ok, so far so good ,in the last few days I've been boosting the first few hours and so far it's going well, but not counting some matches really annoys me.

I'm now in 12th place after 6 hours and I'm almost done with the manuals of the first class.
So far, I only do head-shots and executions, the normal kills should go faster with the turbo controller. : D

I am missing now only the multi kills with the grenade launcher, if I have finished all the manuals of the first class, i should remove the diamonds, right?

My manuals and statistics are then still save correctly?

I have one more question,

all the XP I earn over 1500 does not count, but what about the kills etc., they still count for the statistics anyway?
Or does not the whole match count anymore?

Could I theoretically make 150 kills in a round and then just lose the XP?

Thank you for your help!

greetings

Synergy
Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

2 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I am missing now only the multi kills with the grenade launcher, if I have finished all the manuals of the first class, i should remove the diamonds, right?

My manuals and statistics are then still save correctly?

Yes, as long as you have all the manuals for that class you can remove the diamonds. You won't lose the manuals. This is how I did it as well. You will drop down a level, so you will lose one level worth of xp plus any xp you had towards the next level. So it's best to do it right after you reach a new level.

You said you're only doing headshots and executions, but you will have also done kills and multikills for this class before resetting, right?

2 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I have one more question,

all the XP I earn over 1500 does not count, but what about the kills etc., they still count for the statistics anyway?
Or does not the whole match count anymore?

Could I theoretically make 150 kills in a round and then just lose the XP?

When you earn over 1500xp actually at first you get to keep it all but when you next log into the game, it will subtract all that excess XP (and only that excess XP) from your total. This is actually the reason that the Warlord glitch works. Think of the excess XP over 1500xp as a debt that you will need to pay back later on when you next log in.

All other statistics are unaffected by this. So yes, you could earn 200+ kills in a round if you don't need the XP for it. Another way to earn the kills fast (but not as fast), is to finish the match early when you reach 1500xp. So if you are using the revive method and you want both kills and XP, each match would take around 6-7 minutes to complete (~50 kills, 1,500xp).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mekktor said:

Yes, as long as you have all the manuals for that class you can remove the diamonds. You won't lose the manuals. This is how I did it as well. You will drop down a level, so you will lose one level worth of xp plus any xp you had towards the next level. So it's best to do it right after you reach a new level.

You said you're only doing headshots and executions, but you will have also done kills and multikills for this class before resetting, right?

When you earn over 1500xp actually at first you get to keep it all but when you next log into the game, it will subtract all that excess XP (and only that excess XP) from your total. This is actually the reason that the Warlord glitch works. Think of the excess XP over 1500xp as a debt that you will need to pay back later on when you next log in.

All other statii stics are unaffected by this. So yes, you could earn 200+ kills in a round if you don't need the XP for it. Another way to earn the kills fast (but not as fast), is to finish the match early when you reach 1500xp. So if you are using the revive method and you want both kills and XP, each match would take around 6-7 minutes to complete (~50 kills, 1,500xp).

Thanks for the quick Answer, i finished the Commando class today and removed 1 Diamond and derank 1 Level, so i should be fine now. :)

Next class for me was the Rebel, spend a good few hours for that class, but i want to be done with the MGL as quick as possible..^^

These damn multi kills..

4 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Thanks for the quick Answer, i finished the Commando class today and removed 1 Diamond and derank 1 Level, so i should be fine now. :)

Next class for me was the Rebel, spend a good few hours for that class, but i want to be done with the MGL as quick as possible..^^

These damn multi kills..

That weapon was so bad. Worst of the worst. The jamming. The misfiring. The reloading. The breaking. The insane amount of kills. The just not killing both people for no apparent reason. Good luck. Tips for multi-kills:

• Make sure both kill messages appear on screen at the same instant, otherwise it doesn't count. This also means bleeding out doesn't count.
  • If the weapon starts a fire, burn everything at the start with a few molotovs, so it doesn't ruin your spawns later.
  • There are a few ways to chip away at their health so they both reliably die in one hit. Find what works for you, you can see the effect on your dummy's health on their screen. I ended up doing two pistol shots in a specific area (like the arm I think) and then I had like an 80% success rate. Before that I remember I finished one match with only 2 multi-kills.
  • Like 1

@mekktor

Thank you for all of your Help, i'm almost done with manuals, oh boy that was actually really boring... :D

I just need a few more kills with the last Class and i should get this Trophy.

The last stuff i have to do will be the 500 revives, the win on every map and of course the Warlord glitch after i reach level 20

What would you say will be the best Guide to stick with for the Warlord glitch?

Thank you!

@S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y 

Wow you've powered through this.

I don't know which is the best guide for Warlord, they probably will all work for you, but I did find them all to be overly complicated, saying you need to do things that aren't important. Here is what I have posted about it before if it helps:

1. Starting at level 20, reset your diamonds once per match to get down to level 1. Can be done in several sessions with different partners. You could work on Battle Hardened or Safari Tour as you delevel. No glitch here - just regular game rules for resetting diamonds. So basically, you reset your diamonds in the lobby before the match (and put some diamonds back so you can reset again next time), then finish the match as quickly as possible by capturing the points and killing the captain, then change the map if you need to (there is an option to do it without leaving the lobby) and reset your diamonds again as before. Repeat until you're level 1 (and then finish a match after to save progress).
  2. First restart the game to make sure you have a fresh connection to the servers. From this point on (during steps 2-3), you cannot disconnect from the game servers or you have to repeat from this step. Start the glitch by earning over 1,500xp in a single match to get an xp "debt" with the server (eg. earn 1,530xp). The debt (eg. 30xp) will be deducted from your total later on when you next reconnect to the server.
  3. Delevel back down to level 1 (0xp) just as before by resetting diamonds. Again, make sure to finish the game after you delevel to save the progress.
  4. If you are at 0xp and have an xp debt, you are all set. Restart the game, join any lobby (not as host) and the trophy will pop.

Apparently if you let you alt account do the hosting, it makes it less likely your main will get an error and have to restart the game. I didn't test it out, but it can't hurt to do that. Especially during steps 2-3 when restarting the game on your main account means you'd need to restart the glitch.

Good luck with it!

Edited by mekktor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Thanks but i'm finally done, after 47 hours, 205 Games 9660 Kills and 5400 Revieves :D

Wow, congrats! You've got some tenacity. I've been playing this off an on for a year and I hate it so much! I am level 18 and only have a few more manuals, but ugh.. I think I need some motivation to get back to it and I'm afraid that will be a server shutdown notice lol. 

54 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Wow, congrats! You've got some tenacity. I've been playing this off an on for a year and I hate it so much! I am level 18 and only have a few more manuals, but ugh.. I think I need some motivation to get back to it and I'm afraid that will be a server shutdown notice lol. 

Thanks, yeah its really boring :D unfortunaly i had to play for another 8-10 hours after i finished the manuals..i'm glad to be done finally :D