Persona 5: The Royal thread

SuperSmash5U

I decided to put this in here because I didn't want to get in trouble for putting it in Unreleased Games in the PS4 Subforum, but Gearnuke put out an article detailing more information about the Persona 5 games being developed, including Persona 5 Arena and a possible Nintendo Switch port. They also showed a trailer for Persona 5: The Royal, and this is what I learned from the article.

• More info will come out on the 24th of April
  • Persona 5 The Royal is a "Persona 4 Golden" edition of Persona 5 with new content like new characters, new Social Links and new Persona
  • It is exclusive to the PS4
  • You can play as a female protagonist, similar to Persona 3 Portable
  • Was planned for global release but ended up being impossible to the sheer amount of new content added

Give your feedback and discussions. Below is the link to the article if you don't believe me.

https://gearnuke.com/persona-5-the-royal-persona-5-s-persona-5-a-report/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Surprised you can post two "news" threads about Persona with information that is simply false or not confirmed yet... :facepalm:

Dude what do you mean? he's saying there's a source that has insider information. Even if you don't believe the source that doesn't mean that he can't  or shouldn't post about it: They're newsworthy rumors. Weird take.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Dude what do you mean? he's saying there's a source that has insider information. Even if you don't believe the source that doesn't mean that he can't  or shouldn't post about it: They're newsworthy rumors. Weird take.

"but Gearnuke put out an article detailing more information about the Persona 5 games being developed, including Persona 5 Arena and a possible Nintendo Switch port. They also showed a trailer for Persona 5: The Royal, and this is what I learned from the article." from the OP

This is presented as news, which it isn't. It's just a bunch of rumors/wishes from the writer of that article, nothing else. A layman may see this thread and get their hopes up for possibly no reason because they think this is confirmed news, as it's presented as such, even though it isn't. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

"but Gearnuke put out an article detailing more information about the Persona 5 games being developed, including Persona 5 Arena and a possible Nintendo Switch port. They also showed a trailer for Persona 5: The Royal, and this is what I learned from the article." from the OP

This is presented as news, which it isn't. It's just a bunch of rumors/wishes from the writer of that article, nothing else. A layman may see this thread and get their hopes up for possibly no reason because they think this is confirmed news, as it's presented as such, even though it isn't. 

"Luckily for all fans we’ve have managed to get some exclusive information from our sources on Persona 5: The Royal, Persona 5 S and Persona 5 A. Here’s what we know so far:"

That's what it says. It's presented as news as any other exclusive information is. It's literally a scoop, of course they have to present it as true and not as opinion, what are you talking about?

10 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Fine! Lock the dang thread! I won't report any more news. Someone else who is SMARTER THAN ME(and I have a decent IQ, THANXBAI!) can reveal the new trailer when it comes out. I didn't know that they were lying. :(

Chill man, nobody is saying that you have a low IQ! The only thing in your post that is critiqued is that you called this news and even that is debatable.

Yes it is not confirmed, so yes it could be lies and yes its better to wait for the real reveal (that is also really close) before bumping up the expectations. It could be on clickbating purposes, asumptions or maybe they have indeed inside sources!

For your defense since I don't mind a thread like this...

Whenever some leaks come from 'reliable sources' that 'already predicted a few good leaks' it is called news! Everyone in the game journalism is talking about this 'leaked news'. This site gets threads about this thing that has leaked as news. So why shouldn't this be called 'news'. Why is this thread bad? Also there are no "false statements" only not confirmed ones and we will see what happens after 24th april. Also if it does seems to be false, then it was clickbait along. what a shame!

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Whenever some leaks come from 'reliable sources' that 'already predicted a few good leaks' it is called news! Everyone in the game journalism is talking about this 'leaked news'. This site gets threads about this thing that has leaked as news. So why shouldn't this be called 'news'. Why is this thread bad? Also there are no "false statements" only not confirmed ones and we will see what happens after 24th april. Also if it does seems to be false, then it was clickbait along. what a shame!

Okay, yeah, I am sorry. I don't know why I got hyped for Persona 5 The Royal info which might be fake news instead of Pokémon Sword and Shield infor which was probably fake - I like Pokémon far better than Persona. :S