PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

Maxie_M0us3

PS4 - Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! - No issues found (My DLCs and level are intact, and I'm still in the leaderboard)
PS4 - Valkyria Chronicles 4 - No issues found (My DLCs are still there)

A friend of mine has borrowed my copy of Persona 5, so I can't check it for now. When I got it back, I'll post here if it has any issues.

• Like 1

• Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS4) - Saved data is intact for all three games.
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition - Saved data and DLC is intact.
  • Devil May Cry 5 - Saved data, DLC and online connection tied to the Cameo System all work perfectly fine. One interesting thing that happened when I played was that at one point my co-op partner was myself, but that's due to the fact that sometimes the online co-op uses recorded data. It's just that this didn't happen before.
  • Resident Evil 2 - Saved data, DLC, and online connection tied to RE.NET all work perfectly fine.
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) - Saved data, DLC and online connection all work perfectly fine, including with RE.NET. Raid Mode leaderboards also shows the updated ID.
Edited by SealedCard
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-29 at 1:11 PM, Kurokari89 said:

Can anyone test Dragonball Xenoverse on the PS3? It is for a friend not me. I don't want to change my name.

This is all I found. I tried to find the original source of the cited “official site” but I couldn’t. As long as I don’t see a source of these official words or read words from people who changed ID and tested the game, I wouldn’t take this post seriously. 

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

I tested Hardware Rivals after changing my Online ID today to discover my rank reset back to zero. My stats (kills, deaths etc.) are unaffected and I didn't come across any game performance issues.

I'll continue posting for more games that aren't yet on the list I've tested encountering any problems.

The following are both PS Vita games:

• BreakQuest: Extra Evolution - Saved data and DLC is intact. This is crucial due to the DLC in the game being lost if the saved data is deleted.

• God of War Collection - Saved data is intact in both games.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-06 at 8:08 AM, Dsrt_Pnk said:

Has anyone tested these games yet? I'd appreciate any assistance. 

>Kingdom Hearts 3

>The Division 2

>Shadow of Mordor

>Mortal Kombat 11

>Secret of Mana 

>Mother Russia Bleeds

>Lego Dimensions 

You can be 100% certain that Kingdom Hearts 3, Mortal Kombat 11 and Division 2 will carry over the ID change, since they have been released after April 2018, which should guarantee full support.

Speaking of the others games, I cannot tell they’ll tolerate ID change or not, I don’t own them.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-08 at 9:17 AM, SupremeTerror said:

Is it possible to lose trophies already obtained, once you change names? 

Never ever you will lose already obtained trophies, and I haven’t heard of such cases. If you want to take extra precautions, sync them to PSN before changing your ID.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OmegaFenron said:

Minecraft PS3 - Game froze when loading saved worlds first time. Started back up offline and worked fine. Worked again when started up online as well. All saves intact.

What do you mean? The game freezes as you load the saved worlds the first time. Did you start the game again but offline and it worked fine, then you turned on back online and it worked fine?

Here’s some more games I’ve tested:

• Medal Of Honor: Warfighter (PS3) - No issues (both campaign and multiplayer progress unaffected)
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3) - No issues (racer/cop rank and progression)
  • Need For Speed: The Run (PS3) - No issues (rank, campaign and challenge series progress unaffected)
  • Wake-Up Club (Vita) - no issues (stats unaffected)
Edited by Skeptical69

On 23/06/2019 at 6:01 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

What do you mean? The game freezes as you load the saved worlds the first time. Did you start the game again but offline and it worked fine, then you turned on back online and it worked fine?

Yup as it tried to load up the saved worlds the PS3 froze. Restarted it and went offline before starting minecraft again and it loaded fine. Then went online and everything worked fine.

Since then it has froze again so I think it might not have anything to do with name change.

The Last of Us Remastered - Unlike you OP, I was lucky and it kept all my multiplayer progress, the only thing that happened was that I needed to play a match in order to update my stats and leaderboards, for each game mode as well. So if I only played Interrogation mode, but didn't play any of the others, then only the Interrogation leaderboard stats would update, but my rank, hunter/firefly level, current week and day was all fine after finishing a round. 

Below are several that I tried that you don't have listed. These are all NA versions of the games. 

PS4

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection - No issues

MLB The Show 14 - No Issues with offline Single Player (Online servers were shut down years ago)

Lego Harry Potter Collection - No Issues

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - No Issues

Grand Theft Auto 3 - No Issues

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - No Issues

Far Cry 4 - No Issues

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - No Issues 

Rogue Legacy - No Issues

PS3

Game of Thrones the RPG - No Issues

South Park: Stick of Truth - No Issues 

These are currently the only 2 games I have installed on PS3 that you don't have listed, I needed to reformat my PS3 a while back and have yet to get around to installing many games. But I may eventually check out others you don't have listed, if I do I'll update. 

Edited by ArcadeJedi
  • Like 1