PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

Maxie_M0us3

14 hours ago, ArkorLP said:

EXCEPT, Destiny for PS3. I do see that it works with the PS4 version, but the PS3 version isn't yet tested.

Can someone please test that one out? I really do not wanna loose my progress.

Sorry if requests don't belong in here!

Thank you for the compliment! I have been waiting for this feature for many years and I’m glad to contribute and inform people about potential issues for old games, so they can have a better decision of changing their ID or not.

Requests about PSN ID change belong here. This way, I can look around the internet and see if anyone commented any issues concerning specific games. If there isn’t any comment, you can hope that someone who changed ID reads your request and tests the games for you.

I just searched on the internet and I couldn’t find any precise answer about the PS3 version of Destiny. You may ask this to the forums of the game on PSNProfiles.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

Tested out Armored Core: Verdict Day recently (Just to play it for old time's sake)

Ran into an issue where the game wouldn't let me play online. Mission progress and stats were fine, but it would force me into offline mode (The servers are still up.)

Managed to fix it with a little bit of work. Backed up my main mission data, then deleted all of the save data on the HDD. Booted up the game and got signed in, which created some new profile data. Then downloaded my mission data again and that seemed to fix it (NOT the settings/profile data).

It did mess up my Team Data, though. Can no longer manage my old team (Or transfer ownership to the new ID), but I could at least rejoin the same team - so the stats and everything are still there, I just can't directly manage anything or delete the team to remake it.

• Like 1

I can confirm the following PS3 titles have no problems with a username change:

Hitogata Happa - No Issues
Infamous - No issues
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - No Issues
Ridge Racer: Unbounded - No issues, No DLC issues
Earthworm Jim HD - No issues
Acceleration of Suguri: X Edition - No issues
Auditorium HD - No issues
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - No issues, No DLC issues
Pinball Arcade - No Issues, No DLC issues
Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign - No Issues, No DLC issues
Bioshock Infinite - No issues, No DLC issues
Capcom Arcade Cabinet - No issues, No DLC issues (All-in-one Pack)
JJBA: All Star Battle - No Issues, No DLC issues
Pac-Man Museum - No Issues, No DLC issues (Ms. Pac-Man)
Ridge Racer 7 - No Issues, No DLC issues
King Of Fighters XIII - No issues, No DLC issues
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - No issues, No DLC issues (Upgrade to Ultra SFIV)

SoulCalibur V - No issues, No DLC issues

SFIII Third Strike: Online Edition - No issues, No DLC issues (Unlocking Gill)

Edited by Wotter16
Just to remove the "(PS3)" on each title as it's already stated above
  • Like 1

I do have a question that doesn't seem to be asked here. Sony says you can possibly lose "paid dlc" which is concerning, though luckily it seems like nobody here has which is great to hear!

My question is: Will you lose an exclusive add-on/DLC if it was given to you if you pre-ordered a game?

I only ask cause some games will give you an in-game bonus that you can't buy on the PSN store. For an example: I just bought We Happy Few (pre-owned) and I was lucky enough that the code worked for the in-game weapon that you can't buy on the store. It may be silly, but I really do appreciate when games give you something exclusive that no one else can outright buy on the store. So I'm just really curious about that. Thank you in advance! :)

Edited by xAmaezingx
A few typos

The Last of Us (PS4) is sad. Clarification is also needed on if any other progress aside from faction journeys are deleted.

Stuff:

- Spelling error - *Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, not Jak and Dexter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3).

- Someone should test Team Sonic Racing, God Eater trilogy, Gravity Rush, The Legend of Korra, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Alien Isolation, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

Edited by EcoShifter

@EcoShifter All the progress aside the journeys is also reset after changing ID. All the unlocked customizations and perks, all the stats are gone. Your “weeks” level is also reset to zero. In short, literally everything is gone (except purchased DLC).

@xAmaezingx I can assure you that won’t lose any redeemed exclusive content from your account. I have plenty of them and I lost nothing after changing ID.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@EcoShifter All the progress aside the journeys is also reset after changing ID. All the unlocked customizations and perks, all the stats are gone. Your “weeks” level is also reset to zero. In short, literally everything is gone (except purchased DLC).

@xAmaezingx I can assure you that won’t lose any redeemed exclusive content from your account. I have plenty of them and I lost nothing after changing ID.

Thank you very much for the reply, I greatly appreciate it! Also much thanks to you and others for updating this forum, it's very helpful! :)

I tested more games since my last post:

• Borderlands (PS3) - Everything works as normal: My LV 69 character is still playable, all DLC are playable, I could export character to PS4 version, I could play online.
  • ModNation Racers (PS3) - Servers have shut down years ago. Career mode progress intact, DLC works, saved creations are still here.
  • PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) - Servers have shut down. Yet, all the offline progress is intact.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning a Name Change soon, The big games I'm worried about are

• God Eater: Resurrection
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst

God Eater games have Cross Save and Online Play. Some Online info is shared to other players.

Most of the games I think may have issues aren't really ones that I play often, plus most of the games I play are single player RPGs which may Cross save.

Not sure if this was if this is posted here or not or if it matters now that servers down but Burnout Paradise had major online issues, enough to be in this thread's "Red" category.

Since this affects Online only I'll list here for historic reasons.

If you had changed your PSN ID:
1) If you attempted to host a lobby
2) If you tried to invite a friend to a existing lobby you're in
3) If a friend tried to join you through their in-game friends list
Your PS3 would instantly crash, and your friends PS3 would also crash (Even if friend never changed ID) if #3 scenario was attempted.
Also in-game the old ID would always display.

As far as saving progress offline or even online that was never an issue, but for changed name players they were forced to have original name players host the lobby.

• Like 1

@CypherNova139 This issue occurred only on the PS3 version. I added this reported issue on the list before servers were announced to be shut down. Now that servers are closed, I added the symbols “??” next to the title to signal that online functions have been shut down. It’s now a pointless info to know.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

• 2 weeks later...

Currently what I tested before bed.

Unaffected:
  • Band Hero
  • Borderlands JP
  • Catherine NA
  • Catherine EU
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (Only checked online stats, seems my single player save failed to load)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- 
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- 
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Little Big Planet 
  • Little Big Planet 2
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds 
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 
  • Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City 
  • Rock Band 2
  • Skate 2 (If you had troubles logging in, there is no fix) - Servers aren't down but they are broken and majority of the online trophies are unachievable.
  • skate. - Servers shut down in 2011, no trophies
  • Sonic Adventure 
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (DLC issues but that may have already been there)
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Super Street Fighter IV 
  • The Beatles Rock Band - Servers aren't working, no confirmation. No online trophies just eases the burden.
  • The Price is Right: Decades - Dead server
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist 
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Yu-gi-oh Decade Duels Plus - Dead server and glitchy lobbies

Affected:
  • Far Cry 2 (Reason I underwent the name change) - Glitches galore 
  • Wolfenstein (All online stats reset, level and money included)
Edited by Andre_Roronora
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2019 at 2:58 PM, MikeSharpeWritr said:

I'm planning a Name Change soon, The big games I'm worried about are

• God Eater: Resurrection
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst

God Eater games have Cross Save and Online Play. Some Online info is shared to other players.

Most of the games I think may have issues aren't really ones that I play often, plus most of the games I play are single player RPGs which may Cross save.

I can confirm that Cross save still works to the above games. I never played online before the name change, so I can't give this a 100% safe.

Also, Star Trek Online appears to be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Roronora_Zoro666 Can you clarify with Yu-Gi-Oh? I’m confused. You’re saying that the online servers are dead, but then you mention glitched lobbies? I checked on the trophy guide and it mentioned that the servers are still up but are bugged. I even checked the online trophies and the latest achievers were a few months, so technically they’re achievable.

Also, Price is Right Decades, the latest online trophies earned were on last June. Are you sure that the servers are here, or were shut down without warning lately?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

12 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@Roronora_Zoro666 Can you clarify with Yu-Gi-Oh? I’m confused. You’re saying that the online servers are dead, but then you mention glitched lobbies? I checked on the trophy guide and it mentioned that the servers are still up but are bugged. I even checked the online trophies and the latest achievers were a few months, so technically they’re achievable.

Also, Price is Right Decades, the latest online trophies earned were on last June. Are you sure that the servers are here, or were shut down without warning lately?

The guide shouldve mentioned it but yu-gi-oh lobbies are Extremely glitched and dead. You will never find anyone for the tag duels, which need 4 people to start. You need to boost these and the lobbies can crash the Moment you start. It took me 3 years to finally finish and it took 2 people, me included with 2 ps3s each boosting at certain times to get it done under a week.

As for Price is Right, I'm working on that atm. It is dead and is a very old title. The game is extremely luck based both offline and online to the point it can take up to 100 hours. I'm currently working on a guide to that as I go along. As for the online, it works fine. Last time I played was when I checked above and before that was in early September to do a win or 2. The online works but the game is unpopular due to how the game is. I suggest reading the guide on pst.org in the meanwhile or wait until mine is done to see what I mean. You can also check my YT periodically in case I upload it.

• Like 1

@Roronora_Zoro666 Ah okay! So, what do you mean by “dead” is that the online servers are still up but they’re completely dead because no one plays the games online at all.

Why didn’t I think about it earlier?! ? Anyway, I’ll add the games to the list and write that issues are still here, even after changing PSN name.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Just now, MaxieM0us3 said:

@Roronora_Zoro666 Ah okay! So, what do you mean by “dead” is that the online servers are still up but they’re completely dead because no one plays the games online at all.

Why didn’t I think about it earlier?! Anyway, I’ll add the games to the list and write that issues are still here, even after changing PSN name.

Yeah it happens. The game is close to 10 years now and the plat count is barely near 50. The online requires you to play 30 matches which sound easy but you can lose to your alt just by losing the wheel. The wheel is the killer offline/online here as when you spin it manually you underscore and if you idle the game will spin for you and usually net a high number like 70-95.

The reason why the plat count is so low is for getting 2 100 spins b2b offline and scoring 30K in Plinko online with 5 tokens and the game is a random encounter.

@Roronora_Zoro666 Who would even keep playing a old game based on a game show anyway? ?

Thanks for contributing to the list! Next time you give more games, you don’t need to mention that servers are dead, just report if there are any issues with it, like old ID still displaying, records missing from leaderboards, unable to connect to servers (even if still up), etc. Also, you can keep saying if online issues still persist, before and after changing ID.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

8 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@Roronora_Zoro666 Who would even keep playing a old game based on a game show anyway? ?

Thanks for contributing to the list! Next time you give more games, you don’t need to mention that servers are dead, just report if there are any issues with it, like old ID still displaying, records missing from leaderboards, unable to connect to servers (even if still up), etc. Also, you can keep saying if online issues still persist, before and after changing ID.

True, but I'm pretty sure people would find a way to blame the ID change to the servers being unplayable or difficult to deal with.

15 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

True, but I'm pretty sure people would find a way to blame the ID change to the servers being unplayable or difficult to deal with.

Of course, there would be people to blame ID change. This is why I created this list, to make people aware of which games that cause issues if they ever start playing the games before changing ID. ;)

Edited by MaxieM0us3