PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

Maxie_M0us3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, xAmaezingx said:

. Sony says you can possibly lose "paid dlc"

I think it'd be more for something like 3rd party stuff, like if someone was part of Call of Duty Elite, their calling card might not be available (I can't check this, since Black Ops 2 will freeze your PS3 if you try signing in on multiplayer), but would assume it's more for dlcs that are linked to your username and not directly provided by Sony themselves. 

• Like 2

On 2019-10-16 at 9:54 AM, Barney071986 said:

i cant seem to connect to bad company 2 servers after name chage same  with battlefield 1943 anyone else having this issue

I tried Bad Company 2 after changing ID and it worked fine. As for 1943, I cannot tell since I never played the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Driveclub, on the first page it states that "DLC and profile progress are intact - Old PSN ID displays. Quit and launch again to see new ID, real name and leaderboards updated". Before changing my name again today, I had set a World Record with my previous name. Does that part in yellow mean that my record will still be there even with my new name? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-26 at 11:01 PM, hcmode said:

Regarding Driveclub, on the first page it states that "DLC and profile progress are intact - Old PSN ID displays. Quit and launch again to see new ID, real name and leaderboards updated". Before changing my name again today, I had set a World Record with my previous name. Does that part in yellow mean that my record will still be there even with my new name? Thanks.

I assume that, yes, your records will be displayed. I couldn’t see my friends leaderboard the first boot, but after I relaunched the game a second time, I could see my leaderboard updated and everything went back to normal.

3 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I assume that, yes, your records will be displayed. I couldn’t see my friends leaderboard the first boot, but after I relaunched the game a second time, I could see my leaderboard updated and everything went back to normal.

Yes I can confirm that leaderboards are intact. They keep your results with the new ID.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Finally some games to add to the list! :D

Titanfall 2 (PS4) and Monster Energy Supercross (PS4) both work as expected after changing your ID. Local saves and online progress are intact.

Other games I've played since then like Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) and Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) also worked fine (no Black Ops II-style crashing), but I couldn't test if they recognised old saves since I started them after changing my ID.

Edited by CrestfallenAU
  • Like 1

More Recommendations:

• Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (especially)
  • Castle Crashers
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
  • Team Sonic Racing 
  • Far Cry 5

Pretty much the remains of what I care about and what will dictate when my impending name change will finally happen.

Edited by EcoShifter

13 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

@EcoShifter Do you ask if people tested those games?

No, because who would I ask? I'd have to know both people who change their name and have played these games before and directly after changing their name (unfortunately). I asked here because this topic is partially dedicated to people finding out and listing what games are and aren't affected.

I'd be glad to test some of them if not for the potential consequences. I have several hundred hours of progress each in TLOU (online multiplayer), TSR, CTR:NF, and DBX2, just to name some. Those 4 games have been making my top 3-4 most played games on PlayStation 4 for the past couple of years. Losing certain types of progress in those games would seriously be worse than losing the platinum from them and even other games. 

Edited by EcoShifter

20 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

No, because who would I ask? I'd have to know both people who change their name and have played these games before and directly after changing their name (unfortunately). I asked here because this topic is partially dedicated to people finding out and listing what games are and aren't affected.

I'd be glad to test some of them if not for the potential consequences. I have several hundred hours of progress each in TLOU (online multiplayer), TSR, CTR:NF, and DBX2, just to name some. Those 4 games have been making my top 3-4 most played games on PlayStation 4 for the past couple of years. Losing certain types of progress in those games would seriously be worse than losing the platinum from them and even other games. 

It’s understandable, but considering that this forum thread isn’t much active than it used to be when the ID change was enabled, it may take time for some people to report on those games here.

Team Sonic Racing, Far Cry 5 or CTR:NF, they released near and post April 2018, so they should support ID change from the get-go, unless some reports would say otherwise.

CoD: MW Remastered and Mad Max have been officially listed by Sony as having no issues. It’s also listed DB Xenoverse as having no issues, but not Xenoverse 2. Some claimed that there’s an official warning by Bandai Namco about Xenoverse 2, but I cannot find the source. There are also no user reports or media I could find on the internet proving that Xenoverse 1 or 2 have issues. I have no reports on Castle Crashers on PS3 yet. Yes, TLOU Remastered online progress is set as a “new” account under a new ID, but the progress on the original ID is intact, so reverting to the original ID should be a fix.

About the online stuff, I see it this way: all online functions or servers on games will ultimately shut down someday, so all progress will be lost. I got the platinum in some PS3 games and I was ready to sacrifice my online progress in them in order to get an awesome and better ID name, because I couldn’t bother playing them anymore.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

On 3/23/2020 at 7:30 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Team Sonic Racing, Far Cry 5 or CTR:NF, they released near and post April 2018, so they should support ID change from the get-go, unless some reports would say otherwise.

Forgot about that detail... but it's not a guarantee, according to SIE. Have there been games released post April 2018 that have provided issues?

CoD: MW Remastered and Mad Max have been officially listed by Sony as having no issues. It’s also listed DB Xenoverse as having no issues, but not Xenoverse 2. Some claimed that there’s an official warning by Bandai Namco about Xenoverse 2, but I cannot find the source. There are also no user reports or media I could find on the internet proving that Xenoverse 1 or 2 have issues. I have no reports on Castle Crashers on PS3 yet. Yes, TLOU Remastered online progress is set as a “new” account under a new ID, but the progress on the original ID is intact, so reverting to the original ID should be a fix.

All cool. Definitely need that confirmation for DBX2, though. No, the remaster—Castle Crashers Remastered.  

About the online stuff, I see it this way: all online functions or servers on games will ultimately shut down someday, so all progress will be lost. I got the platinum in some PS3 games and I was ready to sacrifice my online progress in them in order to get an awesome and better ID name, because I couldn’t bother playing them anymore.

Some of those "some days" are many years away for certain games. (Some Call of Duty online servers have even been up for over a decade.) A lot of games are really fun and worth playing because of their online modes. TLOUR is one blatant example of this; the only reason I return to this game and keep playing it is solely because of the online multiplayer, even with its prominent technical and balancing issues.

With DBX2, the fun gameplay experience is heightened online, and the game has multiple online exclusive events taking place occasionally. It is also the type of game where there are single player benefits when and because of playing online.

As for sacrifices, I already made those and accepted it. Uncharted 3, just like TLOU, I only kept playing because of the online mp. It's easily one of my top most played online multiplayer games, and I had reached max rank, with the paw and hard earned star badge. These sacrifices don't compare to the present, when changing my name will reset my online progress for a currently active multiplayer mode. I can't fully enjoy certain games nor gain certain benefits in them if my progress is reset. The previous sacrifices are mostly irrelevant in comparison, because the servers are shutdown, everyone is unable to play online, and i'm not missing out on anything.

Edited by EcoShifter

Hey guys, wanted to ask about a couple franchises that are pretty popular yet I didn't find on the list. Anyone knows if you get a reset on matches/online trophy progress for Blazblue games? Especially PS3 and Vita ones since these platforms are the ones with more troublesome compatibility. The other titles I didn't see on the list and I'd like to know are PS3 versions of Dark Souls 1 and 2 since I still need to gather stuff on NG++. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Update 05/03/20

Updated Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS3, PS4, Vita): online functions have been shut down without notice, making the only online trophy "Connoisseur" unobtainable. There is currently no plans to turn the servers back on, said the developers. Game progress is unaffected.

I was wandering about this. i want to change my name. but there a few games i want to go back to with DLC to try and 100%. but with a anme change im unsure. i guess ill wait till afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...