MaxieM0us3

PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

222 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2020 at 7:30 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Team Sonic Racing, Far Cry 5 or CTR:NF, they released near and post April 2018, so they should support ID change from the get-go, unless some reports would say otherwise.

Forgot about that detail... but it's not a guarantee, according to SIE. Have there been games released post April 2018 that have provided issues?

CoD: MW Remastered and Mad Max have been officially listed by Sony as having no issues. It’s also listed DB Xenoverse as having no issues, but not Xenoverse 2. Some claimed that there’s an official warning by Bandai Namco about Xenoverse 2, but I cannot find the source. There are also no user reports or media I could find on the internet proving that Xenoverse 1 or 2 have issues. I have no reports on Castle Crashers on PS3 yet. Yes, TLOU Remastered online progress is set as a “new” account under a new ID, but the progress on the original ID is intact, so reverting to the original ID should be a fix.

All cool. Definitely need that confirmation for DBX2, though. No, the remaster—Castle Crashers Remastered.  

About the online stuff, I see it this way: all online functions or servers on games will ultimately shut down someday, so all progress will be lost. I got the platinum in some PS3 games and I was ready to sacrifice my online progress in them in order to get an awesome and better ID name, because I couldn’t bother playing them anymore.

Some of those "some days" are many years away for certain games. (Some Call of Duty online servers have even been up for over a decade.) A lot of games are really fun and worth playing because of their online modes. TLOUR is one blatant example of this; the only reason I return to this game and keep playing it is solely because of the online multiplayer, even with its prominent technical and balancing issues.

With DBX2, the fun gameplay experience is heightened online, and the game has multiple online exclusive events taking place occasionally. It is also the type of game where there are single player benefits when and because of playing online.

As for sacrifices, I already made those and accepted it. Uncharted 3, just like TLOU, I only kept playing because of the online mp. It's easily one of my top most played online multiplayer games, and I had reached max rank, with the paw and hard earned star badge. These sacrifices don't compare to the present, when changing my name will reset my online progress for a currently active multiplayer mode. I can't fully enjoy certain games nor gain certain benefits in them if my progress is reset. The previous sacrifices are mostly irrelevant in comparison, because the servers are shutdown, everyone is unable to play online, and i'm not missing out on anything.

Edited by EcoShifter

Hey guys, wanted to ask about a couple franchises that are pretty popular yet I didn't find on the list. Anyone knows if you get a reset on matches/online trophy progress for Blazblue games? Especially PS3 and Vita ones since these platforms are the ones with more troublesome compatibility. The other titles I didn't see on the list and I'd like to know are PS3 versions of Dark Souls 1 and 2 since I still need to gather stuff on NG++. 

Thanks!

Update 05/03/20

Updated Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS3, PS4, Vita): online functions have been shut down without notice, making the only online trophy "Connoisseur" unobtainable. There is currently no plans to turn the servers back on, said the developers. Game progress is unaffected.

BTW, the cross-save cloud has been quietly removed from all 3 versions of Minecraft, as of the 1.84 and 2.06 patches respectively so it's now impossible to import trophy worlds into any of them :(.

I was wandering about this. i want to change my name. but there a few games i want to go back to with DLC to try and 100%. but with a anme change im unsure. i guess ill wait till afterwards.

Can someone please test the first 3 skylander games? Those are the only games I have that aren’t on the list and am still working on the platinum for one of them.

On 2020-05-04 at 2:58 AM, Mattematics-94 said:

I was wandering about this. i want to change my name. but there a few games i want to go back to with DLC to try and 100%. but with a anme change im unsure. i guess ill wait till afterwards.

I can assure you, I tested many old games with DLC installed and I haven’t lost any access or progress on them. I’m safe to say that you don’t have to worry. At best, as precaution, you can copy the save files of the desired games before changing name, if anything wrong would happen, you can revert to your original name and copy those backed saves to the console.

On 2020-05-04 at 2:49 AM, HuntingFever said:

BTW, the cross-save cloud has been quietly removed from all 3 versions of Minecraft, as of the 1.84 and 2.06 patches respectively so it's now impossible to import trophy worlds into any of them :(.

Sure, but has anyone tested the game versions they played before changing name, then they played the Minecraft versions? I’d like to know so that I update and add PS3 and Vita versions to the list.

LittleBigPlanet Game Of The Year - it didn’t start up when I first tried, (last played in 2018 just before name change) uninstalled it and tried again but it won’t install now. If anyone has a fix for this please let me know

Edited by nathan2001__
Requesting help

What do you mean when you say "Issues only occur if you played the games before changing online id"? So If I haven't played a game prior to changing my ID, I won't have any issues if I play it after I change it? 

Castle Crashers on ps3 seems to lose all your data after a name change. After changing my name I went back to finish up the game and had no data or stats thus forcibly making me start over a new knight. Matchmaking still worked.

On 2020-07-10 at 3:28 PM, royal642award said:

What do you mean when you say "Issues only occur if you played the games before changing online id"? So If I haven't played a game prior to changing my ID, I won't have any issues if I play it after I change it? 

Exactly. There won’t be any issue on games with known issues if you start playing them after changing ID.

On 2020-07-14 at 11:59 PM, Blueshell- said:

Castle Crashers on ps3 seems to lose all your data after a name change. After changing my name I went back to finish up the game and had no data or stats thus forcibly making me start over a new knight. Matchmaking still worked.

Interesting find. I’d like to try it out but a close friend gameshared the game to me in the past and for a long while I only have the demo activated, not the full game. I may test it myself and see if I meet the same progress lost. I did 100% Castle Crasher long ago so I don’t care.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Well, the unconfirmed Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4) causes no issues as far as I can see. Save and online related data as well as dlc is all intact without issue. Currency, equipment items, moves, rank, characters, leaderboard, matchmaking, etc is all good. Team Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing, and God Eater Resurrection are also fine.

I got stuff dating back to 2014 - 2017 that I bought online via PS Store, some of it pretty obscure.

Not going to risk it, even though I've wanted a name change for quite some time. So I'm just going to stick with the PSN ID I've always had.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

I got stuff dating back to 2014 - 2017 that I bought online via PS Store, some of it pretty obscure.

Not going to risk it, even though I've wanted a name change for quite some time. So I'm just going to stick with the PSN ID I've always had.

It‘s your call, man!

On 28/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, YonahFuriae said:

Hey guys, wanted to ask about a couple franchises that are pretty popular yet I didn't find on the list. Anyone knows if you get a reset on matches/online trophy progress for Blazblue games? Especially PS3 and Vita ones since these platforms are the ones with more troublesome compatibility. The other titles I didn't see on the list and I'd like to know are PS3 versions of Dark Souls 1 and 2 since I still need to gather stuff on NG++. 

Thanks!

as fas as i know blazblue games works very nice online after changing your id i tested blazblue continuum shift extend and it worked very well.

I am interested in changing my online id but i am concerned about the trophies of some of my games as there are many ps3 games in my backlog i have yet to finish. 

My main fear is if i change my id if it rendered any trophies unobtainable. A good number of them i haven't started yet but there are plenty i have put a lot of progress into getting the online done for, I would hate to see all that go to waste just because i wanted a name change. I might have to finish all the games i started before i do this...

3 hours ago, royal642award said:

I am interested in changing my online id but i am concerned about the trophies of some of my games as there are many ps3 games in my backlog i have yet to finish. 

My main fear is if i change my id if it rendered any trophies unobtainable. A good number of them i haven't started yet but there are plenty i have put a lot of progress into getting the online done for, I would hate to see all that go to waste just because i wanted a name change. I might have to finish all the games i started before i do this...

If there are any specific games you're worried about, then ask here and someone will look into them for you :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

tried it with old games like deadfall adventures or aliens vs predator and it works without problems

Edited by SairoTaigar-Z

GUYS I still didn't see anyone talking about Minecraft PS Vita after the ID change. Does anyone know if anything happens to Minecraft (Vita) when I log with my new psn ID? Will the multiplayer work again? Will my worlds stay intact? 

I also bought a skin pack for my Vita version of Minecraft, will I have it still, after my ID change?

I'm worried because I still enjoy to play Minecraft with friends on my Vita :(

PS4:

PvZ battle for neighborville: unaffected 

Rayman Legends [NA]: unaffected 

PS3:
Super sonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars: unaffected
Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Figure Ownership is Reset but can easily be reclaimed (otherwise unaffected)

Skylanders Giants: Same affect as the 1st Game

Skylanders Swap Force [NA]: Unaffected

On 2020-08-02 at 9:11 PM, Zaros-QC said:

as fas as i know blazblue games works very nice online after changing your id i tested blazblue continuum shift extend and it worked very well.

Have you tried them all? This may bring me to add the games to the list.

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Have you tried them all? This may bring me to add the games to the list.

I tried continuum shift extend, chrono phantasma extend and i bought central fiction for ps3 but i haven't played it but im sure it works very well

I tested the following games and added them to the list. No issues have been found in any of them.

can someone test for me if any of the saves backed in a usb or the save storage on ps3 mess up if your name is changed as I did a lot of crap on soul calibur 5 and don't want to lose all my stuff when am done with the last of the online trophies to some games I got and then finish off the ps3 backlog completely.

10 hours ago, KANERKB said:

can someone test for me if any of the saves backed in a usb or the save storage on ps3 mess up if your name is changed as I did a lot of crap on soul calibur 5 and don't want to lose all my stuff when am done with the last of the online trophies to some games I got and then finish off the ps3 backlog completely.

If you checked the list, it has SoulCalibur V and no issues were found for this title. For all the tests I did and saw, save files and DLC for Single Player games are intact and no progress and creations were lost, even 99% of online modes were unaffected. Only a few online multiplayers were affected by it. And all the data was stored within the system when I changed ID, I even could back up earlier this year, as I'm used to do a system backup once per year.

Honestly, Sony just threw those warnings as a way to protect their ass and avoid being suit. While issues can in fact happen, and in a very few games, it's just that the fear mongering went out of proportions.

Edited by MaxieM0us3