PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

Maxie_M0us3

I was able to test that quantum theory for the PS3 is not affected with my alt account. Tried searching a game or hosting a game and i successfully did. Checked the leaderboards and my stats and its still retained and my new psn id showing in the leaderboards correctly. For the dlc i never owned anything nor have the pre order dlc gun so i cant attest to that.

Edited by Sirhcuss_v2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

interesting topic, I was planning to change my name and i looks like almost all games have no issues. Just to make sure I do understand this list; if you have obtained 100%/platinum and you change your name, most games (including PS3 and PSVita) will give no issues

If you don't mind about getting your online profile reset in some games under your new name, CoD PS3s for example, then it's fine. Just know that you can get these profiles back by reverting to a previous name via PlayStation support.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If you don't mind about getting your online profile reset in some games under your new name, CoD PS3s for example, then it's fine. Just know that you can get these profiles back by reverting to a previous name via PlayStation support.

Thanks for your reply! Will take this leap of faith later this month

On 9/18/2019 at 3:40 AM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Currently what I tested before bed.

Unaffected:
  • Band Hero
  • Borderlands JP
  • Catherine NA
  • Catherine EU
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (Only checked online stats, seems my single player save failed to load)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- 
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- 
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Little Big Planet 
  • Little Big Planet 2
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds 
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 
  • Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City 
  • Rock Band 2
  • Skate 2 (If you had troubles logging in, there is no fix) - Servers aren't down but they are broken and majority of the online trophies are unachievable.
  • skate. - Servers shut down in 2011, no trophies
  • Sonic Adventure 
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (DLC issues but that may have already been there)
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Super Street Fighter IV 
  • The Beatles Rock Band - Servers aren't working, no confirmation. No online trophies just eases the burden.
  • The Price is Right: Decades - Dead server
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist 
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Yu-gi-oh Decade Duels Plus - Dead server and glitchy lobbies

Affected:
  • Far Cry 2 (Reason I underwent the name change) - Glitches galore 
  • Wolfenstein (All online stats reset, level and money included)

I did all of the Far Cry 2 online in July 2020 with a name change. There are 0 glitches other than the normal ones in the game. The only thing is that it wipes your prior progress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doucet-182 said:

I did all of the Far Cry 2 online in July 2020 with a name change. There are 0 glitches other than the normal ones in the game. The only thing is that it wipes your prior progress.

Far Cry 2 is known to be buggy. There is the Diamond Glitches, where you can’t add or remove them, the Warlord Glitch, a few minor ones like revives and the one that happened to me which glitched out Soldier of Fortune. I say you dodged a bullet, then.

It’s still buggy. But, the name change resolved my dilemma and secured me my plat.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

2 hours ago, SealedCard said:

Saints Row IV: Re-elected (PS4) - I noticed you have a note about the AU version on that one, I own the other version (NA?) and it works fine, the saved data is intact and I could play the online co-op with no issues.

The globe icon next to titles in this game list is to indicate a worldwide trophy list, then I add any region specific lists if there are, AU is this instance. If there isn't a worldwide list, I highlight the various region lists of a game.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, F__Alsh said:

If I revert to my og name will my Cod stats return ?

Yes they will return. I had to revert once to my OG name so I could manage to platinum Starblood Arena (it reset my progress and no progress was registered), and I wanted to test CoD games again and the stats came back.

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Yes they will return. I had to revert once to my OG name so I could manage to platinum Starblood Arena (it reset my progress and no progress was registered), and I wanted to test CoD games again and the stats came back.

good to hear thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Can someone tell me if name change messes with any of the borderlands games on either of the consoles and if it messes up at all the minecraft on ps4 and warhammer 40k space marines?

The Borderlands games and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition were verified months ago to have zero issues :). I can't help you with Warhammer, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...