PSN ID Change - List of Games Tested (PS3, PS4 & Vita)

Maxie_M0us3

PS3 games:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix: save data works. I have not tried Chains of Memories so it remains undetermined.

Bayonetta: save data works.

DmC Devil May Cry: save data works (main story). About the leaderboard and the DLC I can't confirm anything, it remains undetermined

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F and F 2nd: save data works for both games. even though I never tried Network mode, I did a quick edit and was able to upload it without any problem

Tekken Tag Tournament HD: save data works.

Beyond Two Souls: save data works.

Tomb Raider (2013): save data works (main story). I played 1 online match and I still had the same level for my account.

Silent Hill Homecoming: save data works.

Silent Hill Downpour: save data works.

Devil May Cry 4: save data works.

Drakengard 3: save data works. I only bought 1 skin dlc and it still appeared in the game

Naruto Generations: save data works (main story). For Online mode I could not find any game, it is undetermined

Silent Hill HD Collection: save data works for both games

Final Fantasy XIII-2: save data works.

Lightning Returns: save data works.

Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2: save data works (main story). For Online mode I could not find any game, it remains undetermined

Twisted Metal (2012): save data works (main story). The servers for Online mode are closed.

Persona 4 Arena: save data works (main story). For the Online mode I could not find any game, it remains undetermined

Frozen Free Fall: save data works

Asura's Wrath: save data works (main story). I don't have any DLC, it remains undetermined.

I need to clarify that I tested these games on my abandoned account. Some games asked me to install a patch but I did not do it because it would take more time.

Btw, Maxie, About the TLoU Remastered, when you say you lost everything, do you mean Online mode? or the story mode too?

55 minutes ago, SpardaWorth said:

Btw, Maxie, About the TLoU Remastered, when you say you lost everything, do you mean Online mode? or the story mode too?

Only Online mode is affected. The servers detect the ID change as a ‘new’ account, thus all progress is lost. The only fix is to revert to the previous ID.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

On 11/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, SealedCard said:

Just Dance 2014 (PS3) - All saved data is intact, I had a trophy glitch on me and am currently on my way to getting it again, however this bug was already a thing and I don't think it has anything to do with the ID change.

An update to this - I got the glitched trophies and the platinum the other day. So it was indeed just the game's old glitch that triggered on me instead of it being related to the PSN ID.

SealedCard, I did not test it, I have heard that there is a save data conflict between the ps3 and ps4 versions

Maxie, I'm playing the online mode and i have the same level after changing the ID, it's kinda weird what happened to you

I should add Tekken 7 for PS4 here, the story mode is fine, treasure battle is still intact, I have the same winning streak. In Online mode I checked the player info and my stats are still there

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i have maybe stupid question but i can't find any information about it.
I would like to change my ID and my question is: if i change my ID and then buy game which has issues and i never played it before, can i still meet issues on ps3/ps4/ps5? 

Edited by X-destorshion

On 2021-03-31 at 0:53 AM, X-destorshion said:

Hi, i have maybe stupid question but i can't find any information about it.
I would like to change my ID and my question is: if i change my ID and then buy game which has issues and i never played it before, can i still meet issues on ps3/ps4/ps5? 

If you start playing these games for the first time after changing ID, it should not create any issue, since you didn’t create an online profile or a save file on these games yet. 99% of the issues are online modes that don’t take the change greatly.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If you start playing these games for the first time after changing ID, it should not create any issue, since you didn’t create an online profile or a save file on these games yet. 99% of the issues are online modes that don’t take the change greatly.

• 3 weeks later...

It's ridiculous how they're still able to sell the old CODs. Black Ops II you have to do the workaround to even launch the game, luckily your progress doesn't reset (except for the initial one). However, for BO1 & MW2 your progress resetting every time is actually ridiculous. MW3 busted too. Odd how WAW is the most intact out of all of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, xVeintiocho2o2 said:

Fallout New Vegas

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Splinter Cell Trilogy 

Tomb Raider Trilogy 

Anybody know if any of those PS3 games are affected 

In theory you should be fine with those games, because they are single player only and don't have any problematic online features to go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i've tried Virtua Tennis 4 and everything is intact, both online and offline. Anyway, i don't recommend playing online because the community seems to be very toxic, and they don't let you play casual matches with them if you don't have a high ranked level. Considering that ranked matches are almost impossible to play due to the low population of the game, the elitism of the community basically ruins the online mode. I'm pretty sure there's good people playing but i've encountered the same players in two different days so I wouldn't try it again

Edited by Jeanoltt

• 3 months later...

Salute, I've been planning to comb over every title I've saved in, a bit not in the opening post, yes this means Gran Turismo P+5+6 but I've got to that's it I need my sole nick across all my platforms

My situation, I've a PS5 here (very lucky) still waiting for unbox, I check PS3 and want to go beyond copying to USB want to use the PS Plus storage, and it offers me PS Plus then

Friday, called a rep to be certain where I buy PS Plus from says go on ahead in PS3 but PS3 store don't take direct payments, I need to pay the $60 towards my account firstly, says I can desktop it too

direct.playstation.com nor from playstation.com would budge! I tried dozens of times for it to take my plastic credit and nothing but 'error try again' every time I hit $60>wallet. When I look into edit my credentials I also see the CCV the small number string of the back of the card always blanking out..

I hope they iron they crap out tomorrow Monday, but is doing this from PS5 an option (won't act up when return to PS3?), also when I finally fix nick would I still see oyeoyemeng in PS3 dashboard, and when I play Bad Company 1 live (the few titles that still are)?

Edited by oyeoyemeng

When I went in PS3 to put saves to my PS Plus cloud was I supposed to do it after fixed nick?

Did that with the original nick then went to PS5 and changed my nick, I 'spose I hold out a week until Sunday to comb thru my PS3 library

Edited by oyeoyemeng

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry delay. No Gran Turismos gave issue! I must stress that gaining new trophies nor checking no leaderboards was of concern to me just to boot ingame n see progress

Battlefield 1943 No conflict
Battlefield Bad Company 1 No conflict did get in network multiplay fixed nick is there
Dead To Rights 3 I don't know why this is so, only throws the 'disc bad' error no matter what immediately. In my secondary PS3 with no PSN it boots it updates v1.01 and lets me play EDIT: Same "result" very puzzled as to why my super-slim rejects it (deleted save now too) but my CECHA first model goes right @ this
Devil May Cry 1+2+3 No conflicts
Doom 3 BFG No conflicts
Driver 5 No conflict
Far Cry Blood Dragon No conflict
Grand Theft Auto 4+both xpacks No conflicts
Gran Turismo P+5+6 No conflicts
Grid 1+2+3 No conflicts
Juiced 2 No conflict
Killzone 1+2+3 No conflicts
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection No conflicts
Metal Gear Solid 4 SaveMGO No conflict
Midnight Club 4 No conflict
NBA Street 4 No conflict
Need For Speed Carbon No conflict
Need For Speed ProStreet No conflict
Need For Speed Undercover No conflict
Need For Speed Shift 1+2 No conflicts
Need For Speed The Run Title screen locks up on "Connecting to autolog servers", can't be aced now to yoke out ethernet cord I'm sure it would proceed then
Resident Evil 5 Gold No conflict
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City No conflict
Ridge Racer 7 No conflict
Saints Row 2 No conflict
Saints Row 3 Full No conflict
Saints Row 4 Full No conflict
Saints Row 4 Gat Out Of Heck No conflict
Silent Hills HD No conflicts
Silent Hill 5 No conflict
Silent Hill Downpour No conflict
Sly Cooper 1+2+3 No conflicts
Sly Cooper 4 No conflict
Sonic The Fighters No conflict
Spec Ops The Line No conflict
Splinter Cell 1+2+3 No conflicts
Splinter Cell 4 No conflict
Tales Of Destiny Chronicles No conflict
Tekken 6 No conflict
Tekken Tag Tournament 1+2 No conflicts
Tekken 5 No conflict
Test Drive Unlimited 2 Title screen locked up, proceeded when removed ethernet cord
The Ico & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection No conflicts
Tomb Raider 7+A+8 No conflicts
Turok 5 No conflict
Virtua Fighter 5 No conflict
Wangan Midnight Gets to nowhere unless youse offline

Edited by oyeoyemeng

Has anyone had problems accessing their games, download list and trophies on PS3 after changing their name? I know certain games have problems with save files and affecting the console but I've looked around the internet and I can't really find anything about it affecting trophies or anything else. 

• Like 1