Paradigmatica

Rank C at 97% game completion.

20 posts in this topic

How is it possible that I have completed the game to 97% and it's showing me as rank C in this game??  I have 1 trophy left: Mortar - Reach Level 47. ..  Can anyone explain that?

It works for the inverse too in games with a low average completion percentage. You get an A ranking on Surgeon Simulator by just getting the trophies on the first level.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The Ranking System is a Variable depending on the comparison personal vs general trophy progression. The game has a 96% average completion so your personal 97% isn't much higher and thus you see the C rank... i'm not 100% sure of the system but C means you're around the average completion ratio... an A for example marks much higher than the average but you can't get that much of a difference in this easy title...

Wow.. I never knew that... thank ya kindly! 🔌

Edited by Paradigmatica

I honestly don’t see the point of the ranking systems. It’s a feature that doesn’t help with or do anything for the site. I’ve never liked it, but that’s just me.

The ranking system is often questionable. I mean, plenty of users have acheived all the base game trophies for Spiderman but none of the DLC trophies, and what did they receive? They got a “B” ran, because that’s better than being given a “C” rank, right? That’s pretty dumb if you ask me. Even if the absolute majority tracked accounts own the DLCs, don’t you all think earning the Platinum Trophy should be an automatic “A” rank?

33 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I honestly don’t see the point of the ranking systems. It’s a feature that doesn’t help with or do anything for the site. I’ve never liked it, but that’s just me.

The ranking system is often questionable. I mean, plenty of users have acheived all the base game trophies for Spiderman but none of the DLC trophies, and what did they receive? They got a “B” ran, because that’s better than being given a “C” rank, right? That’s pretty dumb if you ask me. Even if the absolute majority tracked accounts own the DLCs, don’t you all think earning the Platinum Trophy should be an automatic “A” rank?

I have to agree.  Recently I platted Fallout 4 and all the DLCs done but 1 bronze trophy (that stupid 100,000 NukaCade tickets).  So here I sit at 99% with the platinum with an A. lol.... Sound about right?  Not really.

51 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I like it how it is as you can see spot on how your personal completion compares to the overall completion. It doesn't matter if you have a Plat or not it's about overall trophy progression. Look at the example given by the OP he just misses 1 trophy towards S rank but won't get either B nor A

Does the comparative ranking take into account DLC. If so it's a rubbish system, if not it's a great system...

6 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Does the comparative ranking take into account DLC. If so it's a rubbish system, if not it's a great system...

I don't think so, for example if you had platted Uncharted 3 (ps3) you would have an A rank even though you'd only be at 51% of the trophies because of all the dlc. Not sure though.

20 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Hereunder the details of ranking calculation for whoever it might interest:

• F rank = no trophy acquired
  • E rank = at least one trophy acquired
  • D rank = average completion - 60%
  • C rank = average completion - 25%
  • B rank = average completion + 20%
  • A rank = average completion + 55%
  • S rank = all trophies acquired (DLC included)

Hence you can reach an A rank even below 10% completion on some extremely tough games (like Sine Mora for instance) whilst on some very easy games like this one, ranks A and B can even be unattainables - you directly jump from C to S when reaching 100%.

I personnaly like this system, it's a good way to benchmark your own "performance" beyond the sheer completion rate. 

Thanks that a cool chart.  Another example I have is 

Completed to 43% with a rank of A.  Either this means (A) the game is shite (which it really was, having to pick up crafting items and armor, weapons every 2 seconds in the environment made me wonder if this was a point and click game disguised as an RPG 😁 ...  So best course of action there is DELETE game and move on.)  Or (B) It is a very difficult game to platinum.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Paradigmatica said:

Completed to 43% with a rank of A.  Either this means (A) the game is shite (which it really was, having to pick up crafting items and armor, weapons every 2 seconds in the environment made me wonder if this was a point and click game disguised as an RPG 1f601.png ...  So best course of action there is DELETE game and move on.)  Or (B) It is a very difficult game to platinum.

To take this example, Dragon Age: Inquisition has a 26% average completion, so A rank is attained when reaching 26 x 1.55 = 41% completion (no decimals, you have to round at the higher unit.) Whether this low average is due to the game being quite difficult, time-consuming or followed by a shitload of DLC (or the three together) is irrelevant in the calculation...

Edited by Neef-GT5

36 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

To take this example, Dragon Age: Inquisition has a 26% average completion, so A rank is attained when reaching 26 x 1.55 = 41% completion (no decimals, you have to round at the higher unit.) Whether this low average is due to the game being quite difficult, time-consuming or followed by a shitload of DLC (or the three together) is irrelevant in the calculation...

Thank you once again for this explanation!  

Spoiler

:dance::whip:

On 14/04/2019 at 5:30 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Hereunder the details of ranking calculation for whoever it might interest:

Hence you can reach an A rank even below 10% completion on some extremely tough games (like Sine Mora for instance) whilst on some very easy games like this one, ranks A and B can even be unattainables - you directly jump from C to S when reaching 100%.

I personnaly like this system, it's a good way to benchmark your own "performance" beyond the sheer completion rate. 

Aaah, so no S rank unless you buy DLC? Well that's a bit rubbish.

On 14.4.2019 at 6:24 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

I don't think so, for example if you had platted Uncharted 3 (ps3) you would have an A rank even though you'd only be at 51% of the trophies because of all the dlc. Not sure though.

Avg completion = 18%

Completion needed for A = 1.55 * 18% = 27.9%

51% > 27.9%

You'll have an A grade long before the plat. Grading not related to your completion compared to total amount of trophies (or 100%), but your completion in relation to general completion. And yes, DLC is taken into account.

Posted (edited)

So it is the same as how SAT tests work. ;)  Your score related to everyone else's percentiles.  I will leave this game at 97% for a while as to honor this thread. :P

And I agree with the person who said that including DLCs makes this scoring system inherently flawed..

Edited by Paradigmatica

Posted (edited)

If Average Completion >= 78%, you can't earn B and A ranks.

If Average Completion >= 66%, you can't earn A rank.

Or at least I think so.

On 14.04.2019 at 6:30 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Wait a sec, wasn't it D = AC - 50%, B = AC + 25%, A = AC + 50% (AC - average completion) or it was changed? Is it mentioned somewhere officially?

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 0:36 AM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Wait a sec, wasn't it D = AC - 50%, B = AC + 25%, A = AC + 50% (AC - average completion) or it was changed? Is it mentioned somewhere officially?

Sorry for the delay in reverting. I'm dead sure that the percentages I mentioned earlier in this thread are accurate but impossible to find back the post where I read these in the first place. As I joined this site only last year i.e. quite later than the topic you quoted, I can only assume the ranking system has evolved in the meantime...

4 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Sorry for the delay in reverting. I'm dead sure that the percentages I mentioned earlier in this thread are accurate but impossible to find back the post where I read these in the first place. As I joined this site only last year i.e. quite later than the topic you quoted, I can only assume the ranking system has evolved in the meantime...

No problem. I did a small research and it seems your values are true. But you have to count it from AC with 2 digits after decimal point (eg. 30.41% instead of 30%, it can be checked on Games page) and then it needs to be rounded up. So for example if game has 30.41% completion, you get rank C with 30.41*0,75 = 22,8 ~~ at 23%.

Posted (edited)

It should be changed so that the base game is 100% complete and any DLC trophies you get make your completion go over 100% (assuming you got all base trophies). That way, your completion isn't penalized because DLC is released. So if you get all the trophies in Dragon Age Inquisition, you'll have 152% (if I did the math right), if you just get the plat and don't play the DLC, it's still 100%.

I'm sure if Sly implements it then Sony will copy it eventually.

Edited by Milktastrophe