iGGTheEnd

Just wanted to vouche for this game, its an amazing retro style indie.

7 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

So I saw this game is sub 200 players on both NA and EU and I think this game easily deserves more it is in my opinion an amazing game.  The humour is top notch and takes jabs at older games as well as gamers themselves,  the retro music is great and changes up a lot throughout the game,  the movement in the game is very satisfying comparable to Celeste, Deadcells and HK.  Its not just straight up platforming there are plenty of upgrades and items that change up the game as you play.  

But my favorite part of the whole game is the level design and boss design,  the level design is something older retro games would never be able to achieve and always feels new and fresh as you progress through the game while also giving new challenges that can be hard but also fair once you figure them out.

The devs did a great job on this one and I just thought I would vouch for it,  this game isn't another shovelware its actually an amazing game.

I got it day one :D

6 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I got it day one :D

Nice you enjoy it as well?  I was gonna get it day one but Sekiro came out later in the week so I decided to wait until I was finished with Sekiro.  Absolutely loved it.

56 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

The humour is top notch and takes jabs at older games as well as gamers themselves, 

So it is like every other "retro indie game"? 

I am not a huge fan of the 'reference" humour as it is rarely done well. It is more like "hey I remember that also" and that (to me) gets old quickly. 

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Nice you enjoy it as well?  I was gonna get it day one but Sekiro came out later in the week so I decided to wait until I was finished with Sekiro.  Absolutely loved it.

I enjoy it this far, I love games in this style, definitely a great game, but maybe the $20 price point scares ppl

On 4/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

So I saw this game is sub 200 players on both NA and EU and I think this game easily deserves more it is in my opinion an amazing game.  The humour is top notch and takes jabs at older games as well as gamers themselves,  the retro music is great and changes up a lot throughout the game,  the movement in the game is very satisfying comparable to Celeste, Deadcells and HK.  Its not just straight up platforming there are plenty of upgrades and items that change up the game as you play.  

But my favorite part of the whole game is the level design and boss design,  the level design is something older retro games would never be able to achieve and always feels new and fresh as you progress through the game while also giving new challenges that can be hard but also fair once you figure them out.

The devs did a great job on this one and I just thought I would vouch for it,  this game isn't another shovelware its actually an amazing game.

How long is the game and how difficult would you say the platinum is? Not much information out on it, but if it's on sale I'll consider snagging it. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, realm722 said:

How long is the game and how difficult would you say the platinum is? Not much information out on it, but if it's on sale I'll consider snagging it. 

About 10-15 hours to plat.  I would give it a 3.5 out of 10 difficulty.  Theres one trophy that was kind of a bitch where you have to navigate a dark room without a flashlight but there are youtube videos that can help with that one.