I stopped trophy hunting to quickly finish my backlog

EmperorSultan

I started playing more on PC because you can use trainers/cheats to quickly "experience" a game and finish your backlog. I started enjoying games more, I have always been a PC gamer but I also grew up with Playstation consoles. Did anyone try this or feel more interested in doing it?

i do something similar, i just create a dummy account (not linked to an email) and just play, I seem to enjoy games more this way. IF I really enjoy a game then I will play it on my Primary account. I know that if I delete that dummy account everything goes with it including trophies so my OCD (mild but still diagnosed) does not effect my gaming there.

Like Zach said play how you want to play and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

13 hours ago, EmperorSultan said:

I started playing more on PC because you can use trainers/cheats to quickly "experience" a game and finish your backlog. I started enjoying games more, I have always been a PC gamer but I also grew up with Playstation consoles. Did anyone try this or feel more interested in doing it?

Nope. I won't say that I haven't used cheats on games, but it's usually a last resort. I wouldn't use it just to get through a backlog (although the upshot of that principle is that my backlog will go nowhere, while yours will be whittled down). 

Good luck on your continued quest!

On 4/15/2019 at 3:59 AM, EmperorSultan said:

I do play on PC but only for "old but gold "games like a strategy game ( Rome Total War, Disciples, Spellforce), some PROPER star wars games ( Jedi Outcast, KOTOR), some PROPER Bioware games xD (Jade Empire). Besides how could I play Witcher 1 and 2? They aren't on PS4.

And no, no cheats needed. Last time I used cheats were in GTA San Andreas for extra cash and health because... eh why not it's GTA and it's meant to be dumb.The purpose of Gothic was to kick your ass in the beginning (wow, Dark Souls wasn't the first one to do that,shocker), why would I cheat my way through that game?

I apply the "backlog" term only for games on PS4 that I feel like platinuming. I don't go on PC to quickly experience a game, going for full immersion.

Also better graphics that's a fact.