BG_painter

Game of Thrones - last season, episode comments - SPOILERS -

443 posts in this topic

Hello GoT friends! I just saw that there is only a thread for season 8 thoughts so I decides to create another thread for comenting on the new episode and new season, I searched for a thread on this theme and apparently no1 created it yet so here goes.

What did u guys think of the first episode? Was it good? bad?

It felt for me like a fan service reunion, i liked it and enjoyed it, specially the moment for Sam Tarly and Bran meeting Jaime.
I cannot wait for next week. ūüėĀ

And my last 5 words:

"I always had blue eyes!"

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

"I always had blue eyes!"

 

Best part of the entire episode.

 

I liked this as a season opener. It brought things together, and set up the season to open up quickly, but it didn't happen in the time bending style of last season.

 

Pretty sure whatever Bran is, is going to become my favorite character this season lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want more already!!

 

giphy.gif

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BG_painter said:

"I always had blue eyes!"

^

Loved this part of the episode and the beginning with the ball jokes.

 

I wonder why Jon wasn't questioning Bran when Bran mentioned the situation; especially when he mentioned the dragon.

 

Also why wasn't there any interactions between 

Spoiler

Lyanna and Jorah?  I thought they were related.

Perhaps next episode.

 

I get that this episode had to set everything up, but it really left me unsatisfied. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the episode was decent for a first episode. They teased Elephants last Season and now we dont get to see any.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

^

Loved this part of the episode and the beginning with the ball jokes.

 

I wonder why Jon wasn't questioning Bran when Bran mentioned the situation; especially when he mentioned the dragon.

 

Also why wasn't there any interactions between 

  Hide contents

Lyanna and Jorah?  I thought they were related.

Perhaps next episode.

 

I get that this episode had to set everything up, but it really left me unsatisfied. 

If I am not wrong they are brother and sister, and I was also wondering that. ūü§Ē

 

I felt really sorry for Samuel tarly when he heard about his brother and father. He really didn't deserve that. Dany makes bad mistakes when she gets all "tyranical" and I'm affraid she will also make mistakes with Jaime Lannister next episode. And the part when Greyjoy was telling cersei he wanted to make a baby, hahaha I was pretty sure cersei was already plotting how to kill him in her mind :D lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Dany and Jon will react about being aunt and nephew. And i don't think she'll like to know that he got more right to the throne than her.

Not entirely relate with the thread, but here's another question: why there's no games about Westeros? I mean, i played the Telltale game, but the history and mythology of Westeros and Essos is sooooooo extense. There's many stories to tell or play. I can perfectly imagine a game Shadow of Mordor alike beyond the Wall, or an RPG during Aegon's Conquest for give only a couple of examples. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

If I am not wrong they are brother and sister, and I was also wondering that. 1f914.png

 

I felt really sorry for Samuel tarly when he heard about his brother and father. He really didn't deserve that. Dany makes bad mistakes when she gets all "tyranical" and I'm affraid she will also make mistakes with Jaime Lannister next episode. And the part when Greyjoy was telling cersei he wanted to make a baby, hahaha I was pretty sure cersei was already plotting how to kill him in her mind :D lol

 

I felt bad for Sam, too, and that whole interaction between him and Dany made me hate Dany even more (I started to hate her last season because of her headstrong attitude).  Sam raised a valid point when he asked Jon if 

Spoiler

Dany would be willing to disown her crown to save people, the same way Jon had done

and quite frankly I don't think she would do it.  While she has saved people in the past, she only seems to care about power now.

 

 

23 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

I wonder how Dany and Jon will react about being aunt and nephew. And i don't think she'll like to know that he got more right to the throne than her.

Not entirely relate with the thread, but here's another question: why there's no games about Westeros? I mean, i played the Telltale game, but the history and mythology of Westeros and Essos is sooooooo extense. There's many stories to tell or play. I can perfectly imagine a game Shadow of Mordor alike beyond the Wall, or an RPG during Aegon's Conquest for give only a couple of examples. 

 

Jon probably won't say anything, but who knows?  I don't think he wants the throne.

 

Not sure about the games.  I am assuming most of the history is in the books and I don't think a lot of people, such as myself, have read the books.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Jon probably won't say anything, but who knows?  I don't think he wants the throne.

 

Agreed. Jon only want to save people from the Army of the Dead, but Dany, as you said, still cares to much about power. Maybe they could defeat the white walkers, but then what? If she sees Jon as a threat only because he has birth rights for the throne...

 

34 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Not sure about the games.  I am assuming most of the history is in the books and I don't think a lot of people, such as myself, have read the books.


Fair point. But many events are teased or mencioned, like i don't know, Robert's Rebellion or the Dance of Dragons. And we'll have another series soon. I mean, there's a lot of potencial, but idw, maybe they're not interested in expanding the franchise to gaming for now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im also curious about the weapon Arya wants to be made. She is getting more badass every single time

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matigrosso91 said:

 

Agreed. Jon only want to save people from the Army of the Dead, but Dany, as you said, still cares to much about power. Maybe they could defeat the white walkers, but then what? If she sees Jon as a threat only because he has birth rights for the throne...

 

To that point, would you really think Dany would spare Jon once everything is said and done, if she does find out who he is? which im sure she will....cause drama and all. I don't see it in her character to do such a thing, and Jon doesnt quite have an army that can beat hers once the dead are taken care of, if that thought ever crosses his mind.

 

When sam told jon who he really was, i was REALLY expecting some kind of "joke" or reaction to banging a relative lol, but maybe next episode.  I agree with others that it left me a little unsatisfied, perhaps because its been so long since the last season. But i also understand that it had to set everything up, and im thrilled that the fighting with the white walkers will begin so early in the season.   *Off topic theory* Anyone think that Cersei is just sending her troops / fleet to attack winterfell and sandwich them between themselves and the dead?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

Im also curious about the weapon Arya wants to be made. She is getting more badass every single time

 

Was her drawing depicting a double bladed dagger that could detach?  If it is that one side is going to be like holding a toothpick.

 

39 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

*Off topic theory* Anyone think that Cersei is just sending her troops / fleet to attack winterfell and sandwich them between themselves and the dead?

 

Unless if she plans to swoop in when the fighting is over and conquer Winterfell I'm not sure.  I mean... her boinking Euron caught me off guard.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else get the weird feeling that the Hound somewhat feared Arya in their reunion?

 

Also, and I hadn't thought about this until today, they showed just about everyone but Brienne. :S 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Did anyone else get the weird feeling that the Hound somewhat feared Arya in their reunion?

 

Also, and I hadn't thought about this until today, they showed just about everyone but Brienne. :S 

 

I don't know about fearing her.  He definitely was bitter though, rightfully so.

 

Brienne was there.  She was off in the back in one of the scenes when they were at Winterfell.  Perhaps she will have more of a presence in the next episode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MooseSketts said:

I don't know about fearing her.  He definitely was bitter though, rightfully so.

 

Brienne was there.  She was off in the back in one of the scenes when they were at Winterfell.  Perhaps she will have more of a presence in the next episode.

 

Idk. For a split second I sensed a bit of fear from him before he walked away. Like while looking at her he saw something that wasn't there before.

 

Was she? I don't know how I could have missed her. :S 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

I wonder how Dany and Jon will react about being aunt and nephew. And i don't think she'll like to know that he got more right to the throne than her.

Not entirely relate with the thread, but here's another question: why there's no games about Westeros? I mean, i played the Telltale game, but the history and mythology of Westeros and Essos is sooooooo extense. There's many stories to tell or play. I can perfectly imagine a game Shadow of Mordor alike beyond the Wall, or an RPG during Aegon's Conquest for give only a couple of examples. 

 

There have been some GoT games besides the Telltale one:

 

- A Game of Thrones: Genesis (PC, 2011) takes place over 1,000 years of the fictional history of Westeros, beginning with the arrival of the Rhoynar led by the warrior-queen Nymeria.

 

- Game of Thrones (PS3, Xbox360, 2012) takes place during season one and follows a Lannister knight and a Night's Watch ranger.

 

- Game of Thrones Ascent (iOS, Android, 2013-2019) was a base building game. It’s since been taken offline.

 

- Game of Thrones: Conquest (iOS, Android, 2017) is just a Clash of Clans clone.

 

- Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms (under development) looks like it’s going to be another battle royale game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Neocarleen said:

 

There have been some GoT games besides the Telltale one:

 

- A Game of Thrones: Genesis (PC, 2011) takes place over 1,000 years of the fictional history of Westeros, beginning with the arrival of the Rhoynar led by the warrior-queen Nymeria.

 

- Game of Thrones (PS3, Xbox360, 2012) takes place during season one and follows a Lannister knight and a Night's Watch ranger.

 

- Game of Thrones Ascent (iOS, Android, 2013-2019) was a base building game. It’s since been taken offline.

 

- Game of Thrones: Conquest (iOS, Android, 2017) is just a Clash of Clans clone.

 

- Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms (under development) looks like it’s going to be another battle royale game.


Cool, i only knew about Ascent and Conquest, but usually¬†i don't play cellphone games (because i've never had space to download them¬†ūüėĀ).¬†

I would love to see a story-based game someday, maybe in the next generation of consoles? I don't know. I think GoT has a huge potencial to develope games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 5 more episodes and Arya has more than 5 people left on her list,  I hope she takes out at least half of them.  Arya and The Hound are easily my two favorite characters.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Only 5 more episodes and Arya has more than 5 people left on her list,  I hope she takes out at least half of them.  Arya and The Hound are easily my two favorite characters.

With her new weapon i'm sure she will manage at least half the list easily lol.

 

17 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Did anyone else get the weird feeling that the Hound somewhat feared Arya in their reunion?

 

Also, and I hadn't thought about this until today, they showed just about everyone but Brienne. :S 

I'm inclined to agree regarding the hound, maybe a bit of surprise/fear mixed together. I doubt he expected her to last this long, and probably has some fear or resentment as to how he was left on the side of the road way back when.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2019 at 10:53 AM, MooseSketts said:

 

  Sam raised a valid point when he asked Jon if 

  Hide contents

Dany would be willing to disown her crown to save people, the same way Jon had done

and quite frankly I don't think she would do it.  While she has saved people in the past, she only seems to care about power now.

THIS. That is what I wanted to hear in this thread. Thank you very much Sirs. ūüėé

 

On 15/04/2019 at 0:01 PM, TrueMrBubbles said:

Im also curious about the weapon Arya wants to be made. She is getting more badass every single time

According to Geroge R R Martin , "it's a weapon that will blow our minds" :giggle:

 

On 15/04/2019 at 7:39 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

 

Idk. For a split second I sensed a bit of fear from him before he walked away. Like while looking at her he saw something that wasn't there before.

 

Was she? I don't know how I could have missed her. :S 

*ahem* my friend I recall that you have a history of not seeing ppl in the background in got chapters, if i remember well ;) ūüėā

 

AND i must be the only person in the world that doesn't like Aria lol :facepalm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

 *ahem* my friend I recall that you have a history of not seeing ppl in the background in got chapters, if i remember well ;)1f602.png

 

AND i must be the only person in the world that doesn't like Aria lol :facepalm:

 

Much like 99.9% of the population on Earth you've got a better memory than me because I don't even remember who I didn't see before.¬†ūüėā

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The kid who screamed and turned on fire, scared the sh*** out of me LoL

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were like 4-5 great moments I really dislike the show now :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atoya_ said:

The kid who screamed and turned on fire, scared the sh*** out of me LoL

 

Pretty much what my mom looked like at that scene.

Image result for scare reactions gif

 

--------------------------------

 

You can stop watching the show now everyone. Without him there's not much to look forward to.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-night-king-arrested-norway-norwegian-police-153002247.html

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.