Game of Thrones - last season, episode comments - SPOILERS -

BG_painter

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Probably if only because fantasy shows of this type don't come around often. Or if they do I just haven't noticed them.

Probably the latter. Try:

Vikings

Westworld to a lesser degree

ROME

Outlander

Expanse

Tudors

SPARTACUS

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Vikings

ROME

Outlander

Expanse

Tudors

SPARTACUS

I've seen the bold and enjoyed them. (although I have to see season 2 of Westworld I found the ending reveals for season 1 to be jaw dropping.) 

Did not like Spartacus at all after a few episodes. Expanse is sci-fi which I don't get into much.

I've been meaning to look if my local library has Outlander and Vikings but always manage to just leave after not finding any books I want to buy lol.

I find myself struggling to get into much that doesn't at least have swears in it. I just don't see bad situations as realistic if you aren't swearing lol. 

^although I do give certain shows a pass.

I want to see shows that have a little more magic in them like,

Merlin

Legend of the Seeker

Shannara Chronicles (which was just really bad unfortunately)

Ice Fantasy (chinese show that surprisingly blew me away for how it looked)

^but have the MA rating GoT does. I don't care about nudity and gore, but again...you're not saying "gosh darn it" when an undead jumps on you trying to kill you. There's gotta be some of that Sandor Clegane dialogue in there.

16 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Vikings

ROME

Outlander

Expanse

Tudors

SPARTACUS

To add to that i would say The Last Kingdom which George also  praised himself for being a great adaptation of the source material. Throwing shade at GoT in the process 

And dont forget the 1 billion dollar Lord of the Rings series set to start filming at some point. Biggest contender to replace GoT

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

To add to that i would say The Last Kingdom which George also  praised himself for being a great adaptation of the source material. Throwing shade at GoT in the process 

And dont forget the 1 billion dollar Lord of the Rings series set to start filming at some point. Biggest contender to replace GoT

8 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Add:

Black Sails 

The Last Kingdom

Knightfall

Pillars of the Earth, World Without End

Seen the bold. Loved Black Sails and Ray Stevenson was just as good in this as he was in Rome. (although funnier in Rome lol)

Last Kingdom did seem to not catch my interest as much with the last season. I don't even know if I finished it.

Knightfall is on my Netflix list so I'll probably get to it soon. Don't remember the last 2 sparking much interest for me.

Regardless if the season was good or bad, despite the bad writing or the rushing, altough you've liked or not the ending of some characters... tomorrow is the last sunday with GOT ever, "el último dominGOT". I can't help to be sad.

It's been an honor, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Regardless if the season was good or bad, despite the bad writing or the rushing, altough you've liked or not the ending of some characters... tomorrow is the last sunday with GOT ever, "el último dominGOT". I can't help to be sad.

It's been an honor, ladies and gentlemen.

It's on my birthday ?

9 hours ago, ARH65512 said:

LOL! And just when you think the Mein Leben petition was the worst petition ever. 

It's about sending the message. Over a million signatures, a chunk of the cast, and the author himself have expressed disappointment.

Will it get remade? Probably not

Will it keep those shithead writers away from other projects? Hopefully?

• Like 1

I enjoyed the first 5 episodes of this season but the final episode has to be the most trash ending episode to any series I have ever watched in my life.  They made my 2 least favorite characters in the whole show King of westeros and Queen of winterfell, if they don't make another season as a surprise or something then they managed to give my favorite show ever my least favorite episode ever.  I was hoping everyone fucking died or something crazy happened.

• Like 1

What in the actual fuck did we all just watch?  

I have so many questions:

Spoiler

-Why did Tyrion get to nominate Bran as a king despite being a prisoner?

-Why didn't Drogon just torch the shit out of Jon?  Why just torch the throne?

-Where did Drogon take Dany?  Dragon's Keep?

-Why was Tormund at The Wall?  I thought he had said he was going back north - like beyond The Wall north?

-How was the castle in King's Landing repaired (or at least cleaned) so quickly?  How much time had elapsed???

-How is Bran unable to find Drogon?  I feel like he should be able to easily.

- [Not a question but a peeve]:  Arya rode out of the city last episode only to walk back in.

Some of those questions may have answers... I just missed them.  

On a few positive notes: 

Spoiler

-I found it kind of Brienne to fill in Jaime's accomplishments.

-Bronn finally got his castle.

-Sam became a maester.

-I thought that the people who are now going to be Bran's entourage brought some comic relief to an otherwise poorly written, and even somewhat executed, finale.

Edited by MooseSketts
typo
  • Like 2

Oh, now I get it, Jon got resurected, so he could help drive Dany to madness, then kill her, in order for the useless cripple to have the throne as his new wheel chair, and sansa -rape made me stronger- stark to finally declare the independance of the north.

It all made sense now you whimsecal naughty showrunners, right!?

???

Edited by hsn963
  • Like 4

I'm really surprised that no one brought up Jon's heritage when they were choosing the new king. As if it didn't matter at all that he is actually the true heir. Jon's ending is just so unsatisfying, like holy hell. He went through all that. Just to go back there. Just. Wtf.

Other than that, I don't hate the ending but l don't really like it either. I'm okay with the rest of the characters and their endings. Bran was an odd choice but whatever.

• Like 4

Ok, i rewatched the episode. And honestly, i think it's not a bad ending. Or at least, it's not the worst ending. I would like to explain my thougts better, but English is not my mother tongue and just don't know how to say some things ?

I liked the ending? I think not. 
I would change things of it? Definitely.
It could be better? Yeah, of course.
It is completely bad? Like i said, no. Like others said, there're characters who obtained satisfying endings, others who not. 
This ending completely ruin the series? Absolutely f*cking not. This journey was amazing and Game of Thrones will always be one of the greatest series of all time.
I understand the disappointing though. And i'm not going to fight with anyone who doesn't agreed. 

My main complaints are the same with the entire season: we needed more episodes. 

• Like 2