Game of Thrones - last season, episode comments - SPOILERS -

BG_painter

@MooseSketts 1. Because he didn't listen to Grey Worm and shut his yap? Lol. 

2. Honestly, I liked that part. Showed the dragon's intelligence, and that he understood her obsession with the throne was the true cause of her death. 

3. Likely will remain a mystery, since they made sure to cut off whoever was saying where he was headed.

4. Could have heard Jon was on his way back, and rushed there to greet him. But that is probably giving the writers way too much credit. :P

5. Well, Jon grew quite a bit of facial hair, and Arya's wounds mostly healed. 

And about Arya and the horse... This is obviously all a dream, because Arya died with everyone else when Dany torched the town. :lol:

46 minutes ago, novemberrx said:

I'm really surprised that no one brought up Jon's heritage when they were choosing the new king. As if it didn't matter at all that he is actually the true heir. Jon's ending is just so unsatisfying, like holy hell. He went through all that. Just to go back there. Just. Wtf.

Does seem like he got a raw deal.. But it looks like he left with Tormund at the end. I'd be doing the same after all he went through. Fuck Westeros and all its nonsense, I'm out of here. :lol:

And I feel like it wouldn't have mattered if anyone mentioned his heritage. The Unsullied would have still wanted vengeance for their murdered queen, and things would have still ended up the same. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

I just saw the rerun and I am still thinking about it.

It seemed pretty convinient that everybody brought out Jon's heritage to question Dany's rule but forgot about it when choosing the leader. Also Greyworm almost killed Jon simply because he attemped to stop him from killing Lannisters soldiers but DIDN'T kill him for killing Dany??????

Makes no sense. I can only hope now the book to be better, IF it ever comes out.

I wanna see how far the petition will go. I know they will not reboot it, but it will show how many ppl in numbers disliked the season.

• Like 1

If the majority of you are upset the show didn't pan out the way you wanted it to but have different reasons for feeling so then maybe, JUST MAYBE, the showrunners did a pretty good job.

This thread alone proves you can't please everyone. 

• Like 2

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed this last episode and loved the ending. A little salty Jon isn’t king but in a way he is king of the wildings and nights watch which is basically his people so I guess it’s not too bad. This last season is definitely disappointing because it feels rushed and there should of been at least 2 or 3 more seasons but it’s not terrible like many people have been saying. Can’t believe game of thrones is done though always feel empty whenever a great show ends. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

If the majority of you are upset the show didn't pan out the way you wanted it to but have different reasons for feeling so then maybe, JUST MAYBE, the showrunners did a pretty good job.

This thread alone proves you can't please everyone. 

Don't judge ppls opinions. We are talking about plot holes here.

OOOOOOOOHHHH GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, WHO WAS THE WINNER OF THE DEADPOOL?

Me: got 13 right

My husband: @Metroid-Prime: 14 right

what about you all?

Edited by BG_painter

16 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

A little salty Jon isn’t king but in a way he is king of the wildings and nights watch and those are his people so I guess it’s not too bad.

You've got Bran in the West, Sansa in the North, Jon beyond the wall and Arya beyond the known world. They're all respective rulers in their own way, whether over a literal kingdom with Bran or ruler of their own destiny with Arya. 

A little cheesy; a little poetic. It was fitting. 

4 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

You are not worth the trouble ;) We are talking about the show and it's plot holes. This thread will continue this way. Don't like it, GTFO.

I asked you to show me where I judged anyone's opinion. I take your snark as concession. 

Edited by TheLakota
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed this last episode and loved the ending. A little salty Jon isn’t king but in a way he is king of the wildings and nights watch and those are his people so I guess it’s not too bad. This last season is definitely disappointing because it feels rushed and there should of been at least 2 or 3 more seasons but it’s not terrible like many people have been saying. Can’t believe game of thrones is done though always feel empty whenever a great show ends. 

yeah, right? i'm feeling a little orphan too.  I'm happy for you, if you liked it. I have been browsing thru freefolk reddit and twitter and no1 is happy ?.

Anyone also curious to know about Drogon??? that was so misterious... I wonder if he went back to old ruins of Valyria. I am excited to see the youtubers tomorrow. I watch Angry Joe and comicbookgirl19. Joe for the lols and comicbookgirl she is a crazy fan of the books and knows deeply about the lore. Who do you guys watch?

omg just found this ?
Ub4LG9C.jpg

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Thank you David and Dan for ruining one of the only three shows that I watch for me. I kept defending this season when everyone else was against it, kept telling myself to wait it out until the finale see if they can redeem themselves with all the mess they have put GoT into but NOPE, they found a way to make it even worse. These guys are clueless. They clearly have no idea what is going on, only money is their goal. Greedy 2665.pngs got what they want and they gave no shits about us, day-one fans. Don't get me started on all the bullshit that I witnessed on the finale. What a fucking joke! killing off all the great characters.. leaving the noobs that have no experience in ruling a fucking kingdom or whatsoever.. A joke of a council to decide who to rule only to select a cripple kid. Killing Dany off when she is THE ONLY ONE remaining that can rule, even tho she took the throne by power and tyranny,destroying character development like Jaimie's just like that. AND Jon Snow? Can't even call him Targaryen, why? Cuz you two 2665.pngs have done NOTHING about that fact. Not even let him rule, NO let's send him back to the NightsFuckingWatch season one Deja Vu. Did you make Jon come all this way only to send him back to point zero? Break him just like that ? You motherfuckers. Sansa still backstabbing and turning against her brother to take the crown she always wanted.. Arya..gone just like that. Bronn..Sam..Tyrion.. come on can't even take those people seriously. 

Disappointing Finale 1/10
Mediocre season 6/10 

Rushing it killed this season ..
Farewell Game of Thrones 2764.png2764.png2764.png

My friend... you nailed it.

I liked that the new King is someone who can't have successors. After Bran, the next King will be elected from the people.Westeros will get a democratic system.

I also liked that we never found out the Night King's motives.Anyone can make his own theory. I believe NK just wanted to see the world, travel and such.Yes, i'll go with that

My two cents on the finale:

On with the good things:

1.- Danaerys "the crazy Targaeryan bitch" is dead. Don't start it on me asking the motives why is justified. That genocide with Drogon is reason enough even by Middle Age moral standards.

2.- Tyrion survives and gets a sweet revenge on the woman that killed his brother and sister (let him finish the tale with the donkey, the brothel and the beehive). Also, my favorite character in all of the show.

3.- Sansa gets the North for herself and fullfills the long awaited dream of Ned and Robb: An independent North kingdom.

4.- People gets democracy.

5.- Jon meets and travels with his pet again.

Bad things:

1.- ?WHY BRAN?

2.- ?Why did they resurrect Jon? One will never know the true motives.

3.- ?What was the point on killing Missandrei? Greyworm is alone and with no purpose in life.

4.- ?Where in the blue hell is Drogon and where did he took Danaery's body?

5.- ?What did Jon Snow did to get sent again with the Night guard?

6.- ?Why is a Night Guard existing IF there is not a threat anymore?

7.- Overall this season is rushed, with so many plot holes (like a swiss cheese) and some things get no answers. I fear what might happen with Star Wars: Episode 9.

Well, thanks to this shitty finale to this shitty season by these shitty writers, I have little to no interest at the moment on the spinoffs. Hopefully that'll change if and when they become reality.  I hope D & D are black listed from working on anything else. Ever

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 3

Now that I'm caught up.

Meh. Oddly enough I liked Big Bang Theory's ending more and I dropped that show like 7 years ago lol.

I called the throne being destroyed back in January, although not quite the way it was. (Idk if spoilers were out then but I hadn't read any of them)

Thanks to an asshat that doesn't know how to use a spoiler tag part of the ending was in fact spoiled here.

• I feel like Jon got the ending he wanted. I feel like the Night's Watch punishment was because they, or at least Bran, knew Jon wouldn't have to be there with no more real threat beyond the wall. They gave him the freedom he wanted.
  • I do like that Arya set off on her own. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered her her own show at some point. Captain Stark has a nice ring to it. :awesome: 
  • Funny enough I had watched a video yesterday about Drogon not being an intelligent dragon compared to a lot of other dragon's in numerous other things, so I wasn't particularly pleased with him all of a sudden recognizing the throne as being "bad". Then again the dragons are also not that old so maybe as they age they do become more intelligent? I don't know what the information given in the books is regarding that.
  • Glad to see some side characters in the finale. Bronn wanting to rebuild the brothels...rofl. 
  • I get the feeling Grey Worm wants to come back with an army. Wish he had died in the ending with Dany.
  • Honestly didn't care how Dany died as long as she did. 
  • Didn't care for the who rules what situations. While Bran does seem like a good choice based off their history it seemed like everyone knew he wasn't capable of the human side to ruling they were just looking for a way to get rid of Dany's remnants. I do, however, like that Sansa told everyone the North was staying away from that bullshit lmfao.
  • Maybe it's just me, but I never liked the Grand Maester outfit and it irritated me to no end seeing Sam in it.
  • Jaime's ending was a massive waste, and I don't like that the writers went down that route. It seemed like all of a sudden Jaime's character advancements just flew out the window. I wouldn't have minded Cersei's death there if she were alone. (lol or if she took shelter in the dragon skull and the rocks falling caused it to collapse making it seem like she was eaten by it. ?)

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Snip

6 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

Snip

While I was in bed last night I realized that Tyrion did say he had weeks to think - so weeks had passed lol.  Thanks though!

6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Don't judge ppls opinions. We are talking about plot holes here.

OOOOOOOOHHHH GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, WHO WAS THE WINNER OF THE DEADPOOL?

Me: got 13 right

My husband: @Metroid-Prime: 14 right

what about you all?

I got 11.

• Like 1

Pretty dissapointed with the finale. Im ok with most of the characters endings but Jons ending left me with a sour taste. He ends the tyranny of the mad queen before it has a chance to get even worse and he is sent back to the wall for it. He loved her but he knew it was the right thing to do. I understand the Unsullied being against Jon but all the westerosi's should be with him. Jaime got to continue being kingsguard after he killed the mad king.

Arya never used her faces again. Jon was revived for nothing. Bran told Jon his true heritage for nothing apart from him saying "i dont want it" 50 times.

Thinking about it Bran is good as king. Although i think the writers made him king specifically because he was the last person you would think that would end up on the throne. subverting our expectations.

Part of the journey is the end

What a load of shite.

S7 ends with the wall down. Then:

S8 mainly focuses about the White Walkers culminating in their defeat (with Cersei actually  involved this time). 

S9 mainly focused about Cersei and the sack of Kings Landing.

S10 about Daenerys’ mad queen reign and demise.

If only we got something like this.

5 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

5.- ?What did Jon Snow did to get sent again with the Night guard?

6.- ?Why is a Night Guard existing IF there is not a threat anymore?

He killed the queen, and it was the only way to prevent another war with the Unsullied. Grey Worm wouldn't have cared at all about Jon's heritage, in my opinion, so it was the only option that didn't end with more death. 

It was originally there to keep Wildlings out, no? Even if there's no more undead lurking, they'd still need it for that. Even if they're not much of a threat, anymore, most countries with a border don't want unlawful entry. And it's still a place to send some people to serve a life sentence, instead of just killing them. 

• Like 2

Just finished watching the final episode , no surprise that it is bad, however it is destined to be bad given how rush the season is.

From middle it feel like a sitcom or sort , it is really funny to me how Daario is chilling there.

Don't get how Bran was elected to be the king quite easily , although I think because Tyrion finally understand Varys's ideal and elect him , but unconvicing how others support the idea.

Also Bran The Broken sounds like an insult , are they mocking their king?

The only positive is the cinematography and the music as always , I really like the near ending shot where the Sansa , Arya and Jon are walking in a place where they suppose to be.

Good luck to D&D with their upcoming Star Wars project!

Edited by Kaiwan
mistake a Dorne dude for Daario
  • Like 1

Another reflection i read about Bran:

If he's the counterpart of the Night King, the king of the dead... It's kinda makes sense that Bran ends as the king of the living. I made my peace with the choice. But i would still prefered more episodes to develope the whole thing.