Game of Thrones - last season, episode comments - SPOILERS -

BG_painter

3 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

It just isn't as good as it was before :D

It’s better than it ever has been before and  what’s the point of coming on this thread to try and bash the show? You clearly have bad taste so go find people that actually care. But you probably won’t find anyone that does...

3 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

It’s better than it ever has been before and  what’s the point of coming on this thread to try and bash the show? You clearly have bad taste so go find people that actually care. But you probably won’t find anyone that does...

Calm down! Johnathan is cool I know him, he is just sharing his opinion and making conversation that is welcome here :)
As well as your opinion regarding the episode! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Calm down mate :D

2 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Calm down! Johnathan is cool I know him, he is just sharing his opinion and making conversation that is welcome here :)
As well as your opinion regarding the episode! :)

This, only sharing an opinion :D A lot of my friends still love and I can see why, it's just, in my opinion, not as good as it was before :D 

• Like 2

@Avatar_Of_Battle

Spoiler

Brienne got a lot of screen time this episode ?

Yes @novemberrx I agree that was a touching scene because she finally got proper recognition for her deeds.

There was a lot that happened this episode and I'm much more satisfied now that things are going to the climax.

I am pretty sure now that Dany is a nuckin' futs and as my friend had put, "She has been on her way to being the Mad King since she arrived to Westeros!"  I'm pleased that that 

Spoiler

Sansa is smart enough to see that Dany isn't all what she claims to be - Breaker of Chain, etc etc. and she is looking out for the North - THE PEOPLE!  Good thing Theon showed up just in time so they can ship them together! /sarcasm

But all jokes aside Dany is power hungry and doesn't seem to think of the people.  This episode really sealed the deal for me on that.  She doesn't seem to care about anything but the Iron Throne.  And now she is saying 'oh shit' because 

Spoiler

of Jon telling her his real identity.  Never mind her saying "Oh my god I just fucked my nephew!" because personally I think I would be more horrified I did the deed with a family member without knowing.

I do have to ask:  How many days have gone by in the series since episode 1?  Dany made it seem like Jon knew for decades and kept it all a secret from her, but in my mind's eye he just found out yesterday.  It's hard to tell since everyone teleports around the world now.

And speaking of teleporting...  Is Bran related to the "grandmother" from Resident Evil 7?  How the hell does he just "pop up" everywhere in his wheelchair?

• Like 1

@MooseSketts omg your Bran comment!! lol ? ?

@novemberrx that was very touching and well deserved but I cried a little with Theon and Sansa. His redemption arc is complete, And he suffered for this arc, my god.

I didn't like the segment with Aria, I thought it was too much TV writting and not fitting the character.

The scene that Jon was going to "xoxo" the dude from night's watch but was tackled by Tormund was hylarious.

I really feel that all these episodes are fan service and now they are going to start killing everybody. :(

Also, Dany worries me... I am starting to think she will betray Jon. Let's see.

• Like 1

I loved this episode. Yes, maybe was a little fan service, but it also made me remember the first seasons. It was the calm before the storm, and clearly many characters are ready to die. 

22 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Remember when someone said "madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land"? Maybe Dany is more like her father than we thought...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Remember when someone said "madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land"? Maybe Dany is more like her father than we thought...

:(

yep... very much... and she does gets tyranical here and then...or maybe the writters are just playing with us... oh boy...gotta wait one week :giggle:

37 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

I didn't like the segment with Aria, I thought it was too much TV writting and not fitting the character.

The scene that Jon was going to "xoxo" the dude from night's watch but was tackled by Tormund was hylarious.

I really feel that all these episodes are fan service and now they are going to start killing everybody. :(

Tormund made the episode better than the first.

I agree I did not like the segment with Aria and Gendry.  It should have just been left out.  I felt it was forced and something was off (either they are inexperienced or the actor/actress didn't want to do the scene).  But hey at least we got to see Aria's new weapon.

25 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

I forgot about that quote and I don't remember when it was said (actually, truth be told, I don't recall much of the previous seasons).  I think you are right about Dany, though.  Funny, all this time I thought Cersei was the super-psychotic one...

If it is possible I'm wondering how the Night King and Viserion will be defeated.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS...... where is MELISANDRE??? ?

I wonder when/where she is going to show up

I think we last saw Melisandre at Dragonstone in Season 7. In season 6 Jon told her that she will be hanged if she ever returns to the North.

Edited by Riddler535
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Yeah, that means she is probably up to something in the south. 1f525.png

I thought that she had told The Spider she was going back to a city in Essos until it was time for her to die.  Maybe she will pop up before the final episode.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I thought that she had told The Spider she was going back to a city in Essos until it was time for her to die.  Maybe she will pop up before the final episode.  

Well, she said to Arya than they'll meet again. And i think Melisandre once said that she'll die in Westeros.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Well, she said to Arya than they'll meet again. And i think Melisandre once said that she'll die in Westeros.

39 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

That also. The plot thickens...?

Damn I h8 to wait :giggle:

• Like 1

Now that I'm caught up on episode 2 lol. Bullet point time.

• Arya's weapon was not what I thought it was going to be.
  • Didn't mind Arya's scene tbh. If you're 99.9% sure you're gonna die and you ain't done it yet...at least find someone you're comfortable enough to get it on with. At least she didn't play submissive then I would have had a different view on the scene regarding character. 
  • The Hound threatening to chuck that guy over the wall had my in tears. ?
  • Tormund never fails to steal the show.
  • Good for Brienne. This to me means she's going to go out like a champ though.
  • I don't know if I've made my real feelings for Dany clear...but ffs I hope she dies at the end of this. I would love for one of her dragons to betray her because he sensed Jon's true origins.
  • Bran is still my favorite so far lol. He basically told everyone how little they meant compared to him and nobody seemed to have noticed lol.

As for the rest of the series, with 4 episodes left the battle at Winterfell will be very short. There's no real sense of time but how exactly is Cersei and her story line going to tie in? Unless a substantial amount of time passed between episode 1 and 2 and Euron is out there sailing around and King's Landing is on the way too I don't see them making an appearance in the north in any sort of sensible timing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Now that I'm caught up on episode 2 lol. Bullet point time.

• Arya's weapon was not what I thought it was going to be.
  • Didn't mind Arya's scene tbh. If you're 99.9% sure you're gonna die and you ain't done it yet...at least find someone you're comfortable enough to get it on with. At least she didn't play submissive then I would have had a different view on the scene regarding character. 
  • The Hound threatening to chuck that guy over the wall had my in tears. 1f602.png
  • Tormund never fails to steal the show.
  • Good for Brienne. This to me means she's going to go out like a champ though.
  • I don't know if I've made my real feelings for Dany clear...but ffs I hope she dies at the end of this. I would love for one of her dragons to betray her because he sensed Jon's true origins.
  • Bran is still my favorite so far lol. He basically told everyone how little they meant compared to him and nobody seemed to have noticed lol.

As for the rest of the series, with 4 episodes left the battle at Winterfell will be very short. There's no real sense of time but how exactly is Cersei and her story line going to tie in? Unless a substantial amount of time passed between episode 1 and 2 and Euron is out there sailing around and King's Landing is on the way too I don't see them making an appearance in the north in any sort of sensible timing.

yeah... only 4 episodes... I hope they don't half-ass everything....if u know what i mean..

2 hours ago, BG_painter said:

yeah... only 4 episodes... I hope they don't half-ass everything....if u know what i mean..

Battle at Winterfell for the moment seems like it might only last an episode from what I saw of the preview clip at the end of Ep2. If the Night King rolls over Winterfell there could be some sort of stand your ground moment with Brienne leading a small force to give time for a retreat to King's Landing or perhaps the Iron Fleet will arrive to carry everyone away. A land retreat wouldn't make much sense writing-wise as they night walkers don't get tired.

Or again...I suppose everyone could just show up at Winterfell if it carries on long enough. I imagine Cersei would have to lend a hand to the side of the living if she actually saw the army she thinks she can clean up. 

Lots of loose ends to tie up I think but I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out. You already know my prediction for the end of the series. ;) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Great episode. Brienes knighting was a highlight. With only 4 episode left and a lot of ground to cover it is going to feel very rushed. I dont think they will end up covering all the loose ends

Yeah, I’m a little worried about that. Especially if it’s gonna include an epilogue too. On the bright side though, they have 5+ hours to finish the story which is technically still a lot of time, even though I wish they’d had a 10 episode season. Last episode felt as great as some of the early ones (didn’t much like the first episode of the season, it felt rushed and the dialogue seemed awkward at times).

Even though the plot didn’t progress much we got some awesome moments to remember before a lot of people are inevitably killed off. Brienne getting knighted and Tyrion, Tormund, Jaime, Davos and Pod getting drunk on their last night together were the highlights. ?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Yeah, I’m a little worried about that. Especially if it’s gonna include an epilogue too. On the bright side though, they have 5+ hours to finish the story which is technically still a lot of time, even though I wish they’d had a 10 episode season. Last episode felt as great as some of the early ones (didn’t much like the first episode of the season, it felt rushed and the dialogue seemed awkward at times).

Even though the plot didn’t progress much we got some awesome moments to remember before a lot of people are inevitably killed off. Brienne getting knighted and Tyrion, Tormund, Jaime, Davos and Pod getting drunk on their last night together were the highlights. 1f61d.png

I agree with everything. Omg I just realised... There are dead ppl in the cript and they are hiding in there... Maybe the Stark family will rise (literaly)? :blink: What prevents them from doing so? Does dead ppl have to be like at a certain radius from the night king to rise?..... damn...

14 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Great episode. Brienes knighting was a highlight. With only 4 episode left and a lot of ground to cover it is going to feel very rushed. I dont think they will end up covering all the loose ends

one can olny hope ?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

There are dead ppl in the cript and they are hiding in there... Maybe the Stark family will rise (literaly)? :blink: What prevents them from doing so? Does dead ppl have to be like at a certain radius from the night king to rise?..... damn...

I've been thinking of that since i finish the episode. But idk... Maybe Winterfell is protected with old magic of some kind, like the Wall. But then again, if the Night King with Viserion burns the heart tree, the spell maybe would be broken and we'll see zombie Catelyn or Robb murder everyone there ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I agree with everything. Omg I just realised... There are dead ppl in the cript and they are hiding in there... Maybe the Stark family will rise (literaly)? :blink: What prevents them from doing so? Does dead ppl have to be like at a certain radius from the night king to rise?..... damn...

one can olny hope 1f443.png

Something’s gotta go down in the crypts. There’s a theory going around that the dead Starks will fight for the good guys but that seems a little cheesy for the show (in the books it mentions that their bodies are magically protected) and I’m not sure whether or not that’s been mentioned in the show. After the disappointing way they ended the Arya faceless man storyline in S6 I don’t believe as much in these theories. ?

• Like 1