Snooker Nation game and trophy thoughts

pinkrobot_pb

From the makers of Pool Nation (PS3), it's Snooker Nation! I am happy to see this game with a platinum and this is a must-buy for me at some point. I hope it plays exactly the same as Pool Nation, the controls in that one were perfect in my opinion.

The 100% for Pool Nation was far from an easy task, but a tremendous amount of fun too. So I was always sad to see such a great little pool game being outsold so hard by the pretty bad Hustle Kings, which has awful pay-to-win microtransactions to boot. I really hope this one will sell better!

As far as the trophies go, I see no online stuff in the list. Getting the 147 will probably be quite hard though.

• Like 1

I've pre-ordered my copy. Feel free to add me if anyone wants some online matches when it comes out (for trophies or even just for fun). 

Edit - scratch that. The one I've bought is "Snooker 19". Didn't read the thread title properly. Too many snooker games coming out at the same time!

Edited by JPageMartin36
  • Like 1

The "Play For Cash" trophy is online only, and the break related trophies can only by earned in Human vs AI matches. The rest are fairly doable and all the career mode can be done on the easiest difficulty. The highest break I've got so far was 74 and that took a fair amount of practice. The only way to get 147 in a break is switching between red and black balls. Otherwise it's not possible to do so. Overall, I'd say a 5/10 difficulty rating. Maybe 4/10 if more experienced with similar games. 

Edited by The Blakk Vulture
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Conker said:

cool list, good this has no online unlike Snooker 19 hardest trophy will be flawless

Exactly what is this game and how different is it from Snooker 19?

I think the difference between them as video games is that Snooker 19 has all the proper tournament and player licenses, whistles and bells etc, whereas as 'Nation' is the unofficial more arcadey indie sibling.

That's not to say Snooker 19 will be better. 

There is a giant price difference between these games, almost a quarter of the price for this one compared to Snooker 19.

I think I will try this one since I like pool but havent played snooker alot. If I like it, I might buy the more expensive and probably better (?) Snooker 19.

• Like 1

Snooker Nation is now indeed live in the store. I have bought it, it's only 9 euro's and Cherry Pop definitely deserves my money for this one as I bought Pool Nation (one of my favourite PS3 games if you had not noticed already) at a discount. I have not played it yet, but will do so tonight.

As far as quality is concerned, I guess it comes down to what you are looking for. If you want the official players and tournaments because you are an avid snooker fan, then I can imagine you would like to go for the other game. If your primary concern (like me) is to have some great snooker gameplay with very fluid controls then this game should be a safe (and not very expensive) bet. Having said that, I have no idea how the other game plays of course, might be great too!

I will come back tomorrow to give my thoughts on this game!

• Like 1

I have a few hours in now and really like it. Its simple menus, toned down graphics other than the table which I think look great. The gameplay is on point and the best thing is, no music. Just snooker and the audience cheering a bit from time to time. 

Really relaxing :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

I have a few hours in now and really like it. Its simple menus, toned down graphics other than the table which I think look great. The gameplay is on point and the best thing is, no music. Just snooker and the audience cheering a bit from time to time. 

Really relaxing :) 

Nice to hear. 

(Apologies about my grammer in advance)

I love those kind of games (usually on pc or my phone) .. From your perspective, the controls are good? No lag or weird motion? 

And what about the platinum trophy? Is it achievable? 

4 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

Nice to hear. 

(Apologies about my grammer in advance)

I love those kind of games (usually on pc or my phone) .. From your perspective, the controls are good? No lag or weird motion? 

And what about the platinum trophy? Is it achievable? 

Oh Im from Sweden so my grammar will probably not be that great either :D

The controls are really good I think, I havent played alot of snooker or pool games but it does what I want, cant feel any lag or anything weird.

The trophies should not be a problem but they might be a little glitched. Its weird, cause there are trophies named "Win the Quarter final of the championship", "Win the Semi Final of the championship" and "Win the final of the championship". 

I got the final one, but not the others. There might be another tournament they mean but by going by the names, I think I should have unlocked them by now.

Not totally sure about this tho, but there are no player who got the semi final or the quarter final trophies yet.

• Like 1

Well, I played quite a lot of games last night and, yes the game is what I was hoping it would be. It's toned itself down from Pool Nation to fit in better with the calm snooker theme. The gameplay is as smooth as I hoped as well. I managed to get the trophies for high breaks up until the 75+ points one without a lot of trouble. The 147 will take a little practice, but it will come in time no doubt.

About the online, it works fine too, I played a couple of nice lagless frames.

The only thing I do not like so far is the referee's voice. It sounds like he is using a microphone but the referees in real life do not do that. Other than that, no complaints at all really. So if you're looking for an inexpensive billiards game with nice graphics and good gameplay, without expecting a whole fleshed out story or a lot of added features, then I do not think you will regret picking this one up.

Edit: the game corrupted my save file it seems. And I am getting a little worried about the championship trophies...

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

Everybody seems to be in the same situation with unlocking 'Qualify for the championship' and 'Win the final of the championship' but the 4 inbetween trophies not unlocking.  This is why I normally don't buy games on release day, was hoping I'd have the plat now and was going to start Snooker 19.

Just had a reply from them on twitter:

Thank you for reporting we are aware of this issue and a fix will go up asap - as it is Bank holiday it is likely to be Tuesday but rest assured we are on the case.

Edited by MikieBoy147
  • Like 1

On 18/04/2019 at 6:14 PM, MikieBoy147 said:

Everybody seems to be in the same situation with unlocking 'Qualify for the championship' and 'Win the final of the championship' but the 4 inbetween trophies not unlocking.  This is why I normally don't buy games on release day, was hoping I'd have the plat now and was going to start Snooker 19.

Just had a reply from them on twitter:

Thank you for reporting we are aware of this issue and a fix will go up asap - as it is Bank holiday it is likely to be Tuesday but rest assured we are on the case.

Seems weird that one of those ‘bugged’ trophies is unlocking for some people (solid start). If they fix it, it won’t take too long to rush through the comp again tbh.

Do you think there is only supposed to be 1 competition?  I only ask because 1 trophy is for 'Beat the Best - Win the final of the championship' and another trophy is for 'Snooker World Champion - Won the Snooker World Championship!', surely they would be the same thing if there was only 1 comp.  I got the 147 after about 4 hours play a few days ago, was hoping to be the first to get the platinum but having to waiting on a patch will probably change that.

Is the 147 trophy glitched? I just got a 147 in a versus match against an AI opponent but the trophy didn’t pop at the end of the frame. The trophies for breaks of 25,75 and 100 popped though which is weird! 

Edit: Also got a 147 in career mode and it never popped :(

2nd edit: Just got the 147 trophy. I think i know the reason why it didn’t pop the other time. Don’t press x to fast forward the last shot on the black. When you press x to fast forward the shot, the referee doesn’t announce 147. The frame just ends. Instead, just let the black pot and it should unlock. 

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikieBoy147 said:

It's now patched and all the career trophies popped after each round whilst playing through the tournament again.

Thanks for telling us! It seems the plat has been achieved a couple of times now, nice.

Unfortunately the patch seems to have broken my savefile yet again. The game crashes when I want to try and load the torunament. Oh well, let's start it for a third time then :)

On 4/22/2019 at 9:50 AM, Conker said:

Can you do this method for the 147 break or only possible for Xbox? https://www.trueachievements.com/a218730/flawless-achievement

Does it work?

My highest is 43 by now. Having a good time though , online is decent too.

Edit: this method DOESN'T work. 

Edited by shlomaniac
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had not been on my PS4 for a while and noticed this week that a new patch was available for Snooker Nation. I installed it and it finally fixed my crashing problem. I managed to finish the tournament. I do not really understand why winning the championship nets you two seperate gold trophies, but I will surely take them.

Now all I have left to do is get a 147 but that's proving quite challenging so far. Can you get that trophy in a VS match?

• 6 months later...