wait what?

NillerKasket

9 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Here we go.... Again....

Wish me luck on the 3x 1f4af.png

Might be a thread hijack, but would you recommend it to someone coming from Blackout/Apex? I've been looking for a new BR and can only think of PUBG at this point

Edited by Ghobimon

• 2 years later...

it looks like this version does not connect to the server. the last recent players are from a year ago. even so, it is still available to download from Japan store. ?

• 2 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 3:42 AM, kevao97 said:

it looks like this version does not connect to the server. the last recent players are from a year ago. even so, it is still available to download from Japan store. 1f914.png

AFAIK this version/stack of H1Z1 is still available for purchase and download on the Japanese PlayStation Store. However once it’s been installed and you start the game every attempt logging into the servers will time out and fail.

Given how the developer, Daybreak, cares little to none about their own product (yet they refuse to pull the plug despite their obvious failure) I cannot imagine they will bring back support to the game for the JP region of all issues, making the 100% unobtainable if you’ve previously unlocked any one or more trophies from this stack.

Now Off-Quote: For the sake of a rant, I cannot express simply how pathetic this game’s continued existence is when you can see how much better every other F2P/BR is preforming (based on active player count, revenue and continued content/maintenance from developers) in the digital market. If Daybreak has zero interest in surviving against the reigns of Fortnite, Apex Legends & Call Of Duty: Warzone then why hasn’t H1Z1 just completely shut down already? Heck, how about Daybreak just go fucking bankrupt?

This might be a little bit harsh for me to say but please don’t get me wrong, I know the loss of employment is bad and all but I’m sure the scum fucks “working” on this game will do just fine getting opportunities at EA, Activision/Blizzard or for one of the other big bad wolves just fine.

“Ok now your working with Cryte… Aww what’s the matter, don’t like the big crunch? Well boohoo fucker. Bad companies don’t become bad without bad people making the decisions now do they? You were previously working for Daybreak, yes?”

TL;DR (I guess?) - Trophies and regional stacks aside, H1Z1: Battle Royal is a disaster that’s well overdue be put down (euthanasia, metaphorically speaking) and I believe too many people underestimate how bad things are. When the game inevitably does shut down nobody will be missing it, instead gamers will move onto another Battle Royale if not already, ideally a title that’s given just a little bit more care compared to Daybreak’s negligence against H1Z1. The longer Daybreak goes without admitting they’re incompetent boobs, the less forgiving my already very unforgiving reaction to this game will be.

“Still don’t believe me? I recommend you go browse the developer/game forums and take a look for yourself. If that doesn’t scream “this is a lost cause” then I’ve got no clue what does…”

Edited by PMV
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 27/08/2021 at 8:38 AM, Its_Almost_Dry said:

I recommend you go browse the developer/game forums and take a look for yourself.

Wow most posts were from 2019 and a few recent ones from 2020.  I guess people had nothing better to do during the pandemic and tried this game.  The game's forum is practically dead and none from the dev team had responded to the queries. I was in the boundary on playing this game.  Played the beta and I thought it was a bit of fun except for the sniper trophy, that one put me off.

I will not be even think of playing this game and ruin my completion percentage in games.  There no point in beating a dead horse.  The H1Z1 forum can be found here

• Like 1