My PS4 Pro took a hit yesterday, sending it to warranty.

Crzy Minus

Gonna keep this thread real short.

Yesterday a huge drawer on a wall in my room fell real hard and hit my ps4 pro, after cleaning the mess I tested the console to see if everything was fine/alright. Console itself seems to work fine but the big problem is the disk drive now suddenly makes a loud noise when a disk is inserted/ejected (it even holds the disk tightly when you're taking it out).

This got me worried, so since I had the PS4 Pro since May of last year (and I still have my receipt), I'm sending it to warranty from the official PlayStation support people (I believe my shipping box arrives tomorrow).

Anyone with experience here, will this whole situation work out for me? I'm just curious and hoping that all of this isn't a waste of time in the end.

-

Edit: btw when that huge drawer fell it also hit my Switch, but the only thing it did to it was leave small/noticeable scratches around the console and the connected joycons, but not on the screen. From what I tested it worked completely fine both docked and undocked, so no need to do anything about it. Also my PS3 was next to it but seemed like it was untouched after the incident, so I'm assuming that one is fine and I didn't tested it (it also wasn't connected).

Sucks real hard this had to happen, it was my mother's idea to put that thing on top of my consoles.

Edited by Crzy Minus

back up your saves just in case. you might end up getting your same console or a used/new one when they repair it.

more than likely they'll fix your issue with the disc drive which i'm really hoping it happens for ya.

14 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

back up your saves just in case. you might end up getting your same console or a used/new one when they repair it.

more than likely they'll fix your issue with the disc drive which i'm really hoping it happens for ya.

Yeah I'm definitely backing up my saves, and hoping they either send me the same one repaired or a new one. I wouldn't know how I would feel if they sent me a used one. (yeah sure it'd be refurnished, but still)

Edited by Crzy Minus

Hopefully nothing else got damaged.

A few years back my hands slipped and I accidentally broke my Mac laptop, had to buy a new laptop as a result.

Back up your saves, and maybe back up the data on your hard drive. You don't want to lose that.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I got my PS4 back "repaired" like last week, the report they've sent me said they replaced the fan inside because it had marks and scratches on it.

But for some reason it still made that loud noise when you insert/eject a disk. I contacted PS Support again about this, they told me they don't know anything specific about the repair itself but also that it should be fine as long as it works fine, and so far it works fine but I don't remember the PS4 ever being this loud and holding the disk slightly tighter than before.

What do you guys think about this?

Edited by Crzy Minus