Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skin_it_up

skin_it_up's Dispute

110 posts in this topic

A glitch is something that happens in game.  You cannot "glitch" lvl 9000 enemies.  There is no way to replicate that without modding the file, which is cheating, and not allowed on these leaderboards.  So you still have yet to say how it was done, and since you clearly can't, your flag will stick.

Posted (edited)

Personally I think it's bannable, I entirely get where admin are coming from.

However, go onto the fastest platinum leaderboards for the game, most of them have done it as well and haven't been banned.

Clearly this is something that needs looking into.

Platypuschow.png

Edited by Platypuschow
Adding banner

1 minute ago, Platypuschow said:

However, go onto the fastest platinum leaderboards for the game, most of them have done it as well and haven't been banned.

If you think that others have cheated the game, and you own it, go and flag them for it.  You can look into it for yourself.

1 minute ago, Platypuschow said:

If that's the case, then of course, they should all be flagged also.

2 minutes ago, Platypuschow said:

BL2 has char transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4.

OP does not have PS3/Vita BL2 to do said transfer.

Posted (edited)

Level 9000 enemies are not possible via normal means, this is definitely cheated via a modded save file by the person that helped you

even the guy in the video posted in the comments that it's a modded save

"

i unfortunately dont have the save, Virtue Warfare does, i wish i could do it for you but i no longer have a 360 to get any modded save"

"
It's not a glitch, he used gibbed to change the enemy level to 9001 so you get the XP without having to kill anything"

"
TrueShyGuy it's a save editor where you can change the world level or your characters stats and inventory"
Edited by SnowxSakura

No idea, I don't like Borderlands so am clueless on this matter I'll assume you're right about that.

To me sadly this ban looks deserved, but he should certainly get to plead his case to the powers that be.

Platypuschow.png

Well this sucks because I didn’t no that you could even mod PS4 and this power levelling is everywhere just thought he’s helping level faster I’m not happy tho as my 8 years of work has been messed up i am not a cheat or hacker I tried to upload my trophy images but they won’t show on here I posted my 25 and 50 trophy images 

1 minute ago, skin_it_up said:

Well this sucks because I didn’t no that you could even mod PS4 and this power levelling is everywhere just thought he’s helping level faster I’m not happy tho as my 8 years of work has been messed up i am not a cheat or hacker I tried to upload my trophy images but they won’t show on here I posted my 25 and 50 trophy images 

You haven't even posted a link to a video of this powerleveling technique that is "everywhere" as you so put it.  The only video you showed us was cheated.

2 minutes ago, skin_it_up said:

Once you upload the image to imgur, right click and copy the url and then hit the insert other media button on here in the message window, and select insert image from url

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ferginator88 said:

I did the math and to go from level 25 to 50, you would need to obtain 43,313,576 XP in one shot. Can you tell us what quest he turned in that was worth 43 million xp?

Source: https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_Points

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

I think you are missing the whole point.  As @ferginator88 said, you got over 43 million exp in 16 seconds.  We are asking how anyone of any level in a non modded game got that much exp.  If you can answer that question, which you have very diligently been ignoring fyi, your flag will be lifted.  The problem is that we highly suspect there isn't a legit way to do that, otherwise it would be posted everywhere.

I don't think those XP amounts require 43million XP to get level 50, I'm pretty sure that the number is your total amount of XP needed, so you'd need 3,429,728 XP to get level 50. It's been years since I played the game, so that's my thoughts about it at least, my own leveling was done with someone else who constantly replayed one of Tiny Tina's quests until I got to level 50.

@skin_it_up if your friend is a trophy hunter then I recommend you to get them to come here and explain how they got you the XP that takes you from level 25 to level 50 in seconds, I'm sure they can explain it better than you. If they were kind enough to help you get the level, they'd probably be kind enough to rescue you from your flag... Aside from that, maybe the game takes time to register your level and give you the trophy, so during that waiting time the XP you accumulated was high enough to get to level 50 instantly. I've always been an advocate for not flagging people who join a modded lobby and in this case it kind of would be an offer you can't refuse, skipping a grind with your friend carrying you to a higher level... This game also wasn't on the radar for modded lobbies, simply modded weapons that people could drop to you. Here's hoping they lift your flag if your friend can come and explain a repeatable method that anyone can do if their level is high enough.

Edited by Sergen

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I don't think those XP amounts require 43million XP to get level 50, I'm pretty sure that the number is your total amount of XP needed, so you'd need 3,429,726 XP to get level 50. It's been years since I played the game, so that's my thoughts about it at least, my own leveling was done with someone else who constantly replayed one of Tiny Tina's quests until I got to level 50.

Thank you for the correction. So he would require roughly 3 Million XP in one shot.

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'd also like to add that this is the PS4 version of the trophy list that he has had this problem on... The only information he likely had given to him from the person who helped him reach such a high level would have been that it would instantly level him up, which I'd think most trophy hunters would accept the offer for, because it skips a grind. Once he joined that lobby, if his friend killed a very high level enemy then that would auto-unlock his trophies without any way to get rid of them or time to be suspicious about how his level instantly shot up, because PS4 trophies auto-sync as soon as you earn the trophy. Due to there being no prior warning about modded PS4 lobbies on this game and the fact that he got offered a high level carry, I feel like the flag should be lifted, as there was no option to think "hey, I got those trophies seconds apart, what if PSNP flags me?", you expect people to delete Black Ops II trophies because they don't auto-sync. This is exactly the kind of thing I was anticipating when I was saying "I can't wait until this comes to PS4 and the trophies auto-sync" and it was part of the reason for arguing to white-list the games.

Thank you for this post exactly what I’m trying to say 

1 minute ago, skin_it_up said:

Thank you for this post exactly what I’m trying to say 

I'm pretty sure most people viewing this thread have had help from friends with something and have trusted that the help will be coming from legitimate means. In your case, you had no choice after joining that lobby. To keep this flagged is basically prohibiting people from playing Borderlands 2 on PS4 without hosting your own lobby, because the moment someone kills a high level enemy and levels you up, it fucks your profile up on this website due to PS4 trophies syncing immediately. Your whole profile shouldn't be ruined over taking someone's help and trusting they'd make the game easier for you... It could have been any of us who this happened to, I certainly would have accepted one of my friends helping me level up on the game if they'd offered it and probably not think to question whether it would be a modded lobby.

while that sucks, it is irrelevant.  The flag is for a list, not a player.  Intentionally or not, the trophy is cheated and deserves a flag.  If that is the case, get better friends.

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

while that sucks, it is irrelevant.  The flag is for a list, not a player.  Intentionally or not, the trophy is cheated and deserves a flag.  If that is the case, get better friends.

People who have their rank instantly increased on GTA V on PS3 don't get flagged currently because the rank is tied to their online character and there's no way to reset your rank unless you wait days for Rockstar to reset it, the flagging team understands that this is too much to ask of someone to do any time a modder increases their level, because the level can instantly be shot up in the next lobby the person joins. In this case, there was no option to get rid of his character or trophies, because the PS4 trophies synced as soon as he leveled up.

We live in a world where we are all connected.  That is a huge benefit in many cases, but it also means that we are connected to the assholes and cheaters.  It is a risk we have to take by playing in the world we live in.  It isn't your fault, but you are a casualty of 'war'.  The flag is to try and keep a leaderboard clean, and if you happen to get one, hide your game before you get flagged and accept it as the cost of hunting trophies in an internet age.

well all I’m gonna say is do your job probably and ban real cheaters that actually hack trophies 

Just now, skin_it_up said:

well all I’m gonna say is do your job probably and ban real cheaters that actually hack trophies 

The job is to remove illegitimate trophies from the leaderboard, which is what this instance is.

You did cheat.  Not on purpose, but you did.

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

We live in a world where we are all connected.  That is a huge benefit in many cases, but it also means that we are connected to the assholes and cheaters.  It is a risk we have to take by playing in the world we live in.  It isn't your fault, but you are a casualty of 'war'.  The flag is to try and keep a leaderboard clean, and if you happen to get one, hide your game before you get flagged and accept it as the cost of hunting trophies in an internet age.

I'll recommend @skin_it_up to keep the game on your profile for now. I feel like in this case, there might be mercy shown because they've shown mercy to people who have their rank permanently affected on GTA V. Not only that but in this case there were no measures to take that would allow him to revert back to before he got the trophies to get them again legitimately. This could also happen to anyone on Borderlands 2 who searches for a lobby and joins it randomly and keeping this flagged is prohibiting people from playing Borderlands 2 on PS4 and searching for public lobbies.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'll recommend @skin_it_up to keep the game on your profile for now. I feel like in this case, there might be mercy shown because they've shown mercy to people who have their rank permanently affected on GTA V. Not only that but in this case there were no measures to take that would allow him to revert back to before he got the trophies to get them again legitimately. This could also happen to anyone on Borderlands 2 who searches for a lobby and joins it randomly and keeping this flagged is prohibiting people from playing Borderlands 2 on PS4 and searching for public lobbies.

Mercy should be considered for those who deserve it.  Those who are kind and helpful in the dispute, rather than those who lash out and act like jerks.  To expect mercy when they have been as rude as they have been would be entitlement, and they deserve nothing.

On top of this, it wasn't a random lobby.  It was his friend.  Not in the same category.

Edited by Sir_Bee

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Mercy should be considered for those who deserve it.  Those who are kind and helpful in the dispute, rather than those who lash out and act like jerks.  To expect mercy when they have been as rude as they have been would be entitlement, and they deserve nothing.

I feel like people shouldn't be discriminated against for their attitude during their dispute, as you've likely never experienced a wrongful flag yourself. His first platinum was earned in 2010, so this website is belittling 9 years worth of trophies over a mistake that he couldn't have known would have such consequences and he never had the chances that people are allowed on PS3 games with modded lobbies, since the trophies synced before he could think.

Edited by Sergen