Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skin_it_up

skin_it_up's Dispute

110 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Sergen take a look at his account and stop acting like OP was some kind of n00b who didn't know what he did and now was in need of a white knight.

 

Edited by fastflowdaman
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with GTA though is you don't have a choice if you get thrown into a random lobby and a hacker messes with your stats, as any job can throw you from your private lobby into a public one. This one was a guy joining his friend willingly and then had his level cheated. This is two very different situations and should be handled differently too

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowxSakura said:

The thing with GTA though is you don't have a choice if you get thrown into a random lobby and a hacker messes with your stats, as any job can throw you from your private lobby into a public one. This one was a guy joining his friend willingly and then had his level cheated. This is two very different situations and should be handled differently too

 

If the person can host a private lobby with modded enemies, I'm sure they can also host a public one in the same way. Most trophy hunters would accept a fast level carry to avoid a grind without questioning the methods used to achieve the trophies and before he could think "oh shit, this doesn't seem right" the trophies would have synced on his PS4.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

 

I feel like people shouldn't be discriminated against for their attitude during their dispute, as you've likely never experienced a wrongful flag yourself. His first platinum was earned in 2010, so this website is belittling 9 years worth of trophies over a mistake that he couldn't have known would have such consequences and he never had the chances that people are allowed on PS3 games with modded lobbies, since the trophies synced before he could think.

 

I strongly disagree with every part of that statement.

 

1st, you should be held accountable for your attitude at all points.  It is easy not be nice when everything is going your way and life is easy.  If you just become a jerk when something goes wrong, you are not a nice person, you are a jerk deep down.

 

2nd, nobody here blames him for what happened.  If what he is saying is all true, his friend cheated, and he lost out.  The end result of this should be a flag, a hidden game, and a new friend.  His trophy does not belong on the board as it is impossible to replicate.  The reason why he got it the way he did does not matter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m angry because I’ve just lost 8 years of hard work so yes I’m gonna be pissed off I’ve ever hacked a trophy in my life and to ban me from leaderboards for something I haven’t done is beyond me I didn’t no i was in a modded game I didn’t even think you can do that on the PS4 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sergen said:

 

If the person can host a private lobby with modded enemies, I'm sure they can also host a public one in the same way. Most trophy hunters would accept a fast level carry to avoid a grind without questioning the methods used to achieve the trophies and before he could think "oh shit, this doesn't seem right" the trophies would have synced on his PS4.

Sure that's true and all, but he didn't join a public lobby and had a random person screw him over, he specifically stated he joined a friend, and I'm not believing that he's "unaware" of how it happened, especially when he linked a video of someone else cheating too

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skin_it_up said:

I’m angry because I’ve just lost 8 years of hard work so yes I’m gonna be pissed off I’ve ever hacked a trophy in my life and to ban me from leaderboards for something I haven’t done is beyond me I didn’t no i was in a modded game I didn’t even think you can do that on the PS4 

You didn't lost anything, you can still hide the game and reappear on the leaderboards.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Sure that's true and all, but he didn't join a public lobby and had a random person screw him over, he specifically stated he joined a friend, and I'm not believing that he's "unaware" of how it happened, especially when he linked a video of someone else cheating too

 

This dispute will act as the example for PS4 modded lobbies on Borderlands 2, so when someone unknowingly joins a public lobby where their level is instantly shot up without having any idea of these methods, they're also going to remain flagged although there was nothing they could do to revert back to before the trophies instantly unlocked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the point I shouldn’t have to hide anything and I posted that video to show you can get max level instantly I never done that I got the trophy images but I can’t upload them 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skin_it_up said:

This is not the point I shouldn’t have to hide anything and I posted that video to show you can get max level instantly I never done that I got the trophy images but I can’t upload them 

you posted a video that was a modded save (which is cheating)  It was even talked about in the comments that it was cheated and could not be done normally.  Not a good piece of evidence to suggest you are innocent ...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skin_it_up said:

This is not the point I shouldn’t have to hide anything and I posted that video to show you can get max level instantly I never done that I got the trophy images but I can’t upload them 

 

A video of someone cheating / hacking will not prove anything.

Like I said, you are too experienced to act like you didn't know.

 

You can upload to imgur, it's self-explanatory. Take a pic with your cell phone and transfer that if necessary.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Someone from this page add skin_it_up so I can sent you my trophy images I’m sick of you guys calling me a cheat add me and I will sent you my level 25 and 50 trophy images I’m on now you can delete me soon as I’ve sent them it needs to be someone from here 

Edited by skin_it_up
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

you posted a video that was a modded save (which is cheating)  It was even talked about in the comments that it was cheated and could not be done normally.  Not a good piece of evidence to suggest you are innocent ...

 

8 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

 

A video of someone cheating / hacking will not prove anything.

Like I said, you are too experienced to act like you didn't know.

 

You can upload to imgur, it's self-explanatory. Take a pic with your cell phone and transfer that if necessary.

 

I feel that the video he posted was something he found while scrambling to find an example of someone getting leveled up instantly. It doesn't prove that he knew that was what he was getting himself into, nor does being helped by a friend. People are given the benefit of the doubt for GTA V where the stats are permanent, this has permanently affected his profile because the trophies auto-synced as soon as they were unlocked. This dispute is the one that decides whether people on PSNP will be prohibited from joining other people's lobbies on Borderlands 2 on PS4, because everyone has to be treated equally in regards to this. So someone who has no idea what happened who joins a public lobby for the game and has the level 25 and level 50 trophies auto-synced on their profile is going to get screwed over in the future.

Edited by Sergen
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sergen can you please add me so I can’t prove to you I didn’t use any cheats I have my two trophy images 25 and 50 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It doesn't prove that he knew that was what he was getting himself into, nor does being helped by a friend.

 

And again, that doesn't make sense given his trophy level.

No one with that experience in trophy hunting would just accept some shady “power levelling“ before confirming via guides or sites that it was legitimate.

 

And then claim the guy somehow did it for him, “like idk, turning in a quest, power levelling, everyone knows it, just google it.“

But even though “everyone knows it“, not being able to present any proof whatsoever. Except for a video showing a modded lobby.

Edited by fastflowdaman
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

 

And again, that doesn't make sense given his trophy level.

No one with that experience in trophy hunting would just accept some shady “power levelling“ before confirming via guides or sites that it was legitimate.

 

And then claim the guy somehow did it for him, “like idk, turning in a quest, power levelling, everyone knows it, just google it.“

But even though “everyone knows it“, not being able to present any proof whatsoever. Except for a video showing a modded lobby.

 

I've helped hundreds of people get trophies, not one of those people ever stopped and asked if I was modding the game to assist them. I got power-leveled while working on the platinum for Borderlands 2, but the method was to constantly do the same quest from Tiny Tina rather than instantly level up like this guy has done. I can relate to having accepted help without questioning the help, I've been following modded lobbies for trophies for a long time now, but I've never seen someone warn that there are modded lobbies for the PS4 version of Borderlands 2. I haven't been actively seeking it out either, but at least now I know. Also I've met plenty of people who offer help for free, but they want to help you straight away and stalling them by asking them 20 questions isn't going to make them willing to see you through to the end. A lot of people don't want to blow their opportunity to get help with something that would have taken a long time to do on their own.

 

He has also sent me his trophy images on PSN, so here they are: https://imgur.com/a/qCvnJGO

Because the location he is stood is in Sanctuary and there are no enemies around, there's a good chance he could have been leveled up before even moving in the lobby. That means he probably had no time to react to what was going on until the trophies unlocked.

Edited by Sergen
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I've never seen someone warn that there are modded lobbies for the PS4 version of Borderlands 2

 

The other way around. No need to stumble upon a warning, but to confirm the so-called “power levelling“ was legit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

you posted a video that was a modded save (which is cheating)  It was even talked about in the comments that it was cheated and could not be done normally.  Not a good piece of evidence to suggest you are innocent ...

R u an admin of this website?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fastflowdaman said:

 

The other way around. No need to stumble upon a warning, but to confirm the so-called “power levelling“ was legit.

 

But since there was no prior warning and near-enough every trophy hunter I've met who wanted free help accepts it without question, this could have been any of us. When you have someone willing to help you, you don't want that person to leave because you're being stubborn about the help, when it can save you a lot of time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atoya_ said:

R u an admin of this website?

 

No, and he doesn't need to be. The disputes are public.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atoya_ said:

R u an admin of this website?

no, why do you ask?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sergen said:

 

But since there was no prior warning and near-enough every trophy hunter I've met who wanted free help accepts it without question, this could have been any of us. When you have someone willing to help you, you don't want that person to leave because you're being stubborn about the help, when it can save you a lot of time.

 

We're going in circles.

 

One last time: if someone promises you something that sounds too good to be true (max level in no time), you'd better confirm the legitimacy beforehand or deal with the possible consequences later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir_Bee said:

no, why do you ask?

Because your acting like one, and I don’t think his innocence is something you should be worrying about, leave it to the admins 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.