Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skin_it_up

skin_it_up's Dispute

110 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Atoya_ said:

Because your acting like one, and I don’t think his innocence is something you should be worrying about, leave it to the admins 

Pot...meet kettle...

I think we need to re-evaluate what we're doing here. We're disputing illegitimate trophies, not necessarily labeling OP as a cheater/hacker.

Things that are flaggable:

• Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies - Due to the impossibility of these times affecting specific game leaderboards, it's not fair to players who unlocked trophies under normal circumstances. Right now there isn't a 'white list' system for these kinds of games and a regular flag is made - you'll have to hide that game to get back on the leaderboards. If this happens to you, don't sync your trophies and go here to see how to reverse it.

The rule is pretty clear to me on this. While it's unfortunate for the OP if it was his friend deceiving him, the trophies are not legitimate according to the rules of this website. There is no way for us to prove if OP was intending to cheat the trophy, or was led to believe this was an in game glitch. We just can't know. We have to assume the trophy is illegitimate. 

I think you can make an argument that if this situation becomes more prevalent, we need to re-look at the 3 strikes your out system, but that doesn't change the fact that the trophy is illegitimate in this dispute.

Just now, ferginator88 said:

I think we need to re-evaluate what we're doing here. We're disputing illegitimate trophies, not necessarily labeling OP as a cheater/hacker.

Things that are flaggable:

• Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies - Due to the impossibility of these times affecting specific game leaderboards, it's not fair to players who unlocked trophies under normal circumstances. Right now there isn't a 'white list' system for these kinds of games and a regular flag is made - you'll have to hide that game to get back on the leaderboards. If this happens to you, don't sync your trophies and go here to see how to reverse it.

The rule is pretty clear to me on this. While it's unfortunate for the OP if it was his friend deceiving him, the trophies are not legitimate according to the rules of this website. There is no way for us to prove if OP was intending to cheat the trophy, or was led to believe this was an in game glitch. We just can't know. We have to assume the trophy is illegitimate. 

I think you can make an argument that if this situation becomes more prevalent, we need to re-look at the 3 strikes your out system, but that doesn't change the fact that the trophy is illegitimate in this dispute.

A key factor here is that he's a victim of a PS4 lobby, where the trophies synced automatically. The link to reverse the trophies is irrelevant because of that, meaning that the rule was written specifically with PS3 in mind.

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

A key factor here is that he's a victim of a PS4 lobby, where the trophies synced automatically. The link to reverse the trophies is irrelevant because of that, meaning that the rule was written specifically with PS3 in mind.

I get your viewpoint, but I personally don't see why it changes anything. That's for the Flag Team to discuss, which I imagine they're doing atm.

I had no idea I was looking for someone to help me level up and that guy said he can power level me I didn’t no I was in a modded lobby why would I wanna risk losing all my stuff that I worked hard for I understand the banning cheats that hack trophies but to ban someone because of a level up is just stupid 

Just now, ferginator88 said:

I get your viewpoint, but I personally don't see why it changes anything. That's for the Flag Team to discuss, which I imagine they're doing atm.

People have been given the benefit of the doubt on GTA V, where simply deleting your user on the PS3 won't delete the trophies from your account, since any time you load up GTA V again you'd auto-unlock those trophies due to the stats being tied to the servers. PS4 trophies syncing automatically prevented him from even having the opportunity to delete anything.

I am not only thinking about the things that skin_it_up has said today, I'm thinking about the things people can say in the future. This dispute is the beginning of PS4 modded lobbies, the decision today decides if the clueless and innocent people who search for a lobby on Borderlands 2 will be flagged for this, not only him. The flagging has to be consistent and any method deemed worthy of a flag has to apply to everyone who has the situation occur to them. His honestly in admitting that his friend helped him will likely be his downfall, but if his friend can host a lobby like that privately, I'm sure he can also do it publicly.

3 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Sergen isn't an admin either so are you okay with him defending you, but can't take criticism from someone else?

Just remember, YOU opened the dispute. You should be able to take both the good and the bad. 

And TBH, I am on the fence about this one as I can see both sides of this. I can see this happening to anyone on accident and would be angry as well because I didn't ask for it to happen and furthermore, I can't undo it, but at the same time, a modded lobby is a modded lobby and is clearly against the rules of the site in Mango's post.

I'm sure this will likely be discussed with the dispute team, and they'll make their own decision about it. Lashing out at people will do you absolutely nothing. I guarantee it. 

Yea I apologise for that but I’m angry I never had a flag before so i kinda took it the wrong way I’m calm now just want this sorting out 

Just now, skin_it_up said:

Yea I apologise for that but I’m angry I never had a flag before so i kinda took it the wrong way I’m calm now just want this sorting out 

An apology means a lot.  If it leads to an attitude change, you may be more likely to get some sort of help.  I can understand that you are upset, as you quite possibly had no idea that this was being cheated, but in the end it needs to come down to the dispute teams verdict, as the trophy still technically required a modded lobby, and cannot be replicated legit.  We will have to wait and see where this goes, as I think everyone here has had a chance to speak their mind.

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Sergen isn't an admin either so are you okay with him defending you, but can't take criticism from someone else?

I know this but he kinda knows where I’m coming from and not accusing me of cheating sergen is a descent guy he went out of his way for me only one trying to help  

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

An apology means a lot.  If it leads to an attitude change, you may be more likely to get some sort of help.  I can understand that you are upset, as you quite possibly had no idea that this was being cheated, but in the end it needs to come down to the dispute teams verdict, as the trophy still technically required a modded lobby, and cannot be replicated legit.  We will have to wait and see where this goes, as I think everyone here has had a chance to speak their mind.

Yea I understand sorry for getting mad I’m ok now this flag thing is new to me and I don’t like it I will definitely learn from my mistake now 

In his defense, i dont see other hacked games and he does have a nice profile. I hope that helps ;)@B1rvine

And on the other hand... the guy that he explicitely added to his friends for "power-leveling" is a lvl10 with 850+ followers and exactly ONE platinum.

Things that should make you go "hmmmmmmmmm".

3 minutes ago, skroq said:

In his defense, i dont see other hacked games and he does have a nice profile. I hope that helps ;)@B1rvine

Thanks man let’s hope we can get this sorted I don’t like this flag thing but if it don’t get lifted it’s my own fault for trusting a friend and I should of done research before jumping on it I only wanted faster level because I’ve done done prequel days before 

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, hBLOXs said:

And on the other hand... the guy that he explicitely added to his friends for "power-leveling" is a lvl10 with 850+ followers and exactly ONE platinum.

Things that should make you go "hmmmmmmmmm".

I feel like that has no relevancy to the dispute, trophy hunting on PSN isn't the only way people could make friends on the platform. I got helped by a big group of people on The Elder Scrolls Online with my Emperor push, hardly any of those people had a single platinum to their name, but I trusted their help and got the trophy in the end.

Edited by Sergen

3 minutes ago, skin_it_up said:

I know this but he kinda knows where I’m coming from and not accusing me of cheating sergen is a descent guy he went out of his way for me only one trying to help  

I get it. That's why I am on the fence about it. I think each side here has very valid points. I've never been someone who thinks that being flagged = cheating because a lot of flags simply come from unfortunate circumstances.

Unfortunately, it's the same in your situation, and you pretty much have to put your fate in someone else's hands which is not a great feeling I'm sure.

I just ask one thing; whether or not you remained flagged for this, don't be a dick to everyone who has made an argument against your case afterwards. They have feelings too.

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I feel like that has no relevancy to the dispute, trophy hunting on PSN isn't the only way people could make friends on the platform. I got helped by a big group of people on The Elder Scrolls Online with my Emperor push, hardly any of those people had a single platinum to their name, but I trusted their help and got the trophy in the end.

That's nice.

For me it goes back to being responsible for my own profile.

I guess I'm just not as naive as to blindly add a person with such "credentials" without asking a question or two. That would have made it very clear that the "power-leveling" on offer is anything but legit. 

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I get it. That's why I am on the fence about it. I think each side here has very valid points. I've never been someone who thinks that being flagged = cheating because a lot of flags simply come from unfortunate circumstances.

Unfortunately, it's the same in your situation, and you pretty much have to put your fate in someone else's hands which is not a great feeling I'm sure.

I just ask one thing; whether or not you remained flagged for this, don't be a dick to everyone who has made an argument against your case afterwards. They have feelings too.

I know and I have apologised for being a dick but that’s because this flag thing is new to me i went to look at my profile and see that flag thing I’m legit gamer dude my account mean a lot to me sad I know but been hunting 8 years but like I said it’s my own fault for trusting someone I don’t really know and I didn’t think PS4 can be modded this is what’s confusing me have you seen my screen shots i was just standing there 

Does it really matter in the end, though? If the order is impossible, it's a legit flag, regardless of intent and it will stick. Not necessarily because you cheated but because we can not allow impossible timpestamps on the leaderboard to be fair to all else who do have them. I don't think this rule has changed at all so I am frankly wondering what all this discussion is about when it seems pretty clear to me.

No if I hacked them like a cheater then the ban is fair enough it’s not like I hacked every trophy in the game isit I didn’t know I was being invited to a modded lobby on a PS4 your all acting like I hacked the game and every trophy in it it’s unfair to ban a clean gamer 

4 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

1. You aren't banned. You can hide the game and return to the leaderboard.

2. The flag isn't a declaration of you being a cheater, rather, that you have trophies with illegitimate timestamps.

3. No one has said you hacked the game. Everyone is saying you joined a modded lobby, which you did, intentionally or not.

The fact that flagged members are referred to as "cheaters removed" means that is what this website will label him as. I don't recommend him to hide the game yet, wait for someone in the flagging team to leave their verdict first.

Posted (edited)

Your timestamps aren't legitimate as far as the whole community knows. You have either used a savefile or joined a modded lobby, both of which are illegitimate. Unless you add to the public knowledge of the trophy hunting community how is it possible to get that much exp in so little time, your trophies will remain considered to be illegitimate and will remain flagged. So far you have only done pointless, unbased claims which are as good as nothing.

Right now you have two options:

1. Prove that the method that you have done is possible, preferrably with a video. Getting your friend to carry you again on a new char, recording it and posting on youtube, would be a good way to do it.
  2. Accept that you cannot prove the legitimacy of your timestamps through factual evidence and A - hide the game and return to the leaderboards or B - do nothing and keep your flagged game and lose your rankings.
Edited by TheYuriG

Na I’ve decided to quit gaming for good so I don’t really care what happens now I gave my screen shots to prove I didn’t cheat