Trophy Thoughts?

UrbanGoblin

1 hour ago, Reunion33 said:

MK9, and some of the Online trophies like, win 10 ranked matches in a row were annoying. As you may have 9 easy opponents, and the 10th one will be a pro. MK10 was much easier, and 11 seems very easy, only require some grind, but not some much as MK9 anyway. Much better to grind this, then RDR2 Online.

mk9 can be boosted

mk11 is not easy btw its medium goodluck with timed towers lol

On 4/18/2019 at 3:33 AM, AvengedEvil said:

If these are your only trophies left, you should give it another try. The win streak can easily be achived with a back-up save and for the 10 hit combo, you only need the have the right modifier.

MKX can be looked at two ways. If one is willing to cheat via cloud saves for the ten ranked wins in a row then yeah, that knocks a good chunk of the difficulty off. Doing it legit is a different story. The Invasion Bosses weren't exactly easy to me at least either. 

As someone not very good at fighting games but loves the MK story I was happy to see the list looks easy. Picked it up tonight. That third set of tutorials all based around frame perfect blocks and counters isn’t the walk in the park everyone is making this game out to be. Bashed my head against them for like 2 hours couldn’t do it. This stuff is hard.

6 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

As someone not very good at fighting games but loves the MK story I was happy to see the list looks easy. Picked it up tonight. That third set of tutorials all based around frame perfect blocks and counters isn’t the walk in the park everyone is making this game out to be. Bashed my head against them for like 2 hours couldn’t do it. This stuff is hard.

I spent like 5hr in tutorial; still a few example combos i can't pull off lol

Story is imo amazing.

5 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Story is imo amazing.

Same here, the tutorial is so hard ? I have never played a Mortal Kombat before (I only played Injustice 2) and wow... the Kombos ?

But the game is awesome and a lot of fun! 

10 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Same here, the tutorial is so hard 1f605.png I have never played a Mortal Kombat before (I only played Injustice 2) and wow... the Kombos 1f635.png

But the game is awesome and a lot of fun! 

It takes a lot of practice.  Not sure if it's just me, but the kombo timing seems very slightly more lenient then in MKX.  That said, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to pull off all of the tutorial stuff.  I got pretty good at high hit kombos with Scorpion in MKX and those you seemed to have to be faster with the presses. I'm not as fast as I used to be, so we'll see.

EDIT: Finished them all a little bit ago, since I had to wait for the story mode to finish installing.  There are several in advanced and strategy that have insane timing, not to mention you need to input the buttons very fast, to pull off.  

It's weird, basic button kombos seem like they're a bit more lienent than MKX in their timing, but special move cancelling into combos feel like the timing is more strict.  Could just be me though.  

Some people may not get past the skarlet vs baraka flawless block into up+triangle one.  That one took me forever.  And some of the other kombo into special moves based ones can be really tricky to pull off.

Edited by Snake2410

1 hour ago, sinisterb00n said:

Spent around 4-5 hours only on the tutorials but finally managed to do so. This seems to be the hardest part of the game. No win requierements online is the biggest win for me. Everything else will come with time.

18 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Story is imo amazing.

you might of spent 5hours now because you are new to this but on your next fighting game you can do it in 3 and the next in 1 :)

on the bright side you are getting better at them

Just now, Hakoom said:

you might of spent 5hours now because you are new to this but on your next fighting game you can do it in 3 and the next in 1 :)

on the bright side you are getting better at them

More rusty then new :P

I used to be amazing at it back in the day mk1 street fighter alpha tekken 3

Just messed up joints and aged controller doesnt help

None the less! Its fun! :D

** mk9. Made me rage quit on 360 with all the juggle xD

Just now, Blackmist_FFXI said:

More rusty then new :P

I used to be amazing at it back in the day mk1 street fighter alpha tekken 3

Just messed up joints and aged controller doesnt help

None the less! Its fun! :D

** mk9. Made me rage quit on 360 with all the juggle xD

well its time to use this i guess? xD:D 

rust-remover-spray-500x500.jpg

enjoy the game :) !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hakoom said:

well its time to use this i guess? xD:D 

rust-remover-spray-500x500.jpg

enjoy the game :) !

Hahaha, wish I would've thought of that!?  

In all seriousness though, I was half way decent with combat and comboing in MKX and this took me around 4hrs.  Doubt I could've done it in 1 to 3, only because I couldn't quite pull off flawless blocking consistantly, so those ones where you had to throw in a block attack took me at least 30 minutes each.  Don't know if I ever will be able to.  10 - 20 years ago I probably could've.  

All in all, if they are the hardest pure difficulty trophy, I'd probably go with somewhere between a 4 and a 6.  Depends on how the grind for victories, intros, and the skull go for me.

44 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Hahaha, wish I would've thought of that!1f602.png  

In all seriousness though, I was half way decent with combat and comboing in MKX and this took me around 4hrs.  Doubt I could've done it in 1 to 3, only because I couldn't quite pull off flawless blocking consistantly, so those ones where you had to throw in a block attack took me at least 30 minutes each.  Don't know if I ever will be able to.  10 - 20 years ago I probably could've.  

All in all, if they are the hardest pure difficulty trophy, I'd probably go with somewhere between a 4 and a 6.  Depends on how the grind for victories, intros, and the skull go for me.

for me i would rate this a 3~4 but for new comers i would say 7

those combos where easy though lol just 1 or 2 buttons :D

should see streetfighter or blazblue combos :D those are a nightmare lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

for me i would rate this a 3~4 but for new comers i would say 7

those combos where easy though lol just 1 or 2 buttons :D

should see streetfighter or blazblue combos :D those are a nightmare lol

Yeah, the general combo ones really weren't bad.  It was the flawless blocking ones in Advanced and Strategy that really sucked.  I just cannot consistently get the timing down for a counter attack without mashing. The Geras one was a bit of a pain as well because of the delayed punch timing, plus the stupid AI training couldn't even show you how to do it properly lol.

I used to be really good at the old Street Fighter games and Capcom fighters.  X-Men Children of the Atom was probably my peak for fighting game prowess.

Everything now has more complexity, not to mention my hand - eye coordination has diminished so I tend to avoid the frustration of trying to master hugely complex combos and just enjoy the few fighters I do play.