Can we get a filter for this company?

DarkestBOO

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I've ordered a new keyboard from Amazon for having to maintain trophy lists that are repeated into infinity because it's getting a little tedious wanting to keep quality up for the same list repeated 40 times over:

240_F_46796759_7hlf07591jc699btJCu2yqFBZ

My issue isn't with their games either - Seriously their games all look pretty decent quality-wise, but it's just the constant dumping of the repeat lists man - you knocked that down to one single list for all regions and made the platinum like 2 hours to get minimum, the trophy system may actually be saved at that point lol - Honestly Sony is to blame for their lack of phenomenal trophy list quality control like they had during the PS3 days - someone with a great sense of OCD and organization skills must've left Sony around the time Sound Shapes came out and all the trophy list organization and guidelines just completely fell apart.

Trophy lists like these are simply following the rule of supply and demand - trophy hunters keep demanding 40 lists for the same game, all which take 10 minutes to platinum each, and that is met with a supply devs and publishers are willing to give. Enjoy the result of that demand and watch the value of trophy systems tiered structure burn lol

No joke. The 6 stacks per week are dreadful. They pump this shit out so often it makes up half the appearing lists per week.

Just now, Carol said:

The games could be easy, but still have decent trophy lists and decent platinums.

This problem with RatalaikaGames actually makes me think that it should be mandatory for every game to have a trophy saying: “Complete the game”.

This is a good idea.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I don't want to see ridiculous tv shows everywhere, I can't change that. There will be always be that kind of shows so I just don't watch them or care about them. The same should apply to video games and everything, just avoid it.

And learn some manners.

Naw... I'm good. ?

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I don't want to see ridiculous tv shows everywhere, I can't change that. There will be always be that kind of shows so I just don't watch them or care about them. The same should apply to video games and everything, just avoid it.

And learn some manners.

How do I change the station on a website? 

• Like 1

This game was actually on PC made about 3 years ago from another Indie developer and is actually a really fun little game and the achievements were a lot harder to obtain. So I can see were you guys are coming from but either way I'm happy they helped a little Indie developer get the game out on consoles even if they made the trophies easier for those achievement whores, at least people can have fun with the game.

• Like 2

These games aren’t anything new. 

I was playing games of this quality back in the Miniclip heydays of the mid 2000s. It was a website that hosted a lot of Flash games that were usually around 10 - 30 minutes long. A lot of the content seen in this game I have seen elsewhere on the internet. Cheap Flash games that were basically free, back before the mobile gaming market took over and spewed it’s wet turd poop with forced microtransactions. 

They get this reputation because whoever is making these trophy lists are just doing copy and paste. They are doing this every time.  

If people had to go and actually put a little effort into 36 Fragments of Midnight and Midnight Deluxe, then we would be singing a different song sheet. Instead they just made three stacks for the PS4 and Vita, equaling six stacks total. That’s why these low budget games get the bad reputation they do. 

Look at the game Halloween Forever. That is a cheap, low budget 8-bit NES style platformer. If that game came out with a trophy list with 11 golds and 2 silvers, with SIX stacks to it, I guarantee your sweet dollar that there will be people complaining about it. But since you actually have to play through it and because it is a niche title that barely anybody knows about, nothing is being said. 

If these people want a good example of a game that is the same genre as these “trophy whore” games but was actually well thought and good, they should get Slain: Back From Hell. Heck, while Guacamelee 2 probably had a lot more people working on it, it was clear that they put a lot of effort into the game. 

The game Sound Shapes was just a forecoming. It just took a long time for other games to follow.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Even bigger though, we still don't have everything elegantly connected together on the site for repeat trophy lists because the site was built with the expectation that 1 game = 1 trophy list, mind boggling I know.

To be fair, even some of the earliest games had a bunch of stacks, such as Dynasty Warriors. The fact that this site hasn't been updated to deal with them more efficiently a decade after they started popping up isn't really Sony's fault.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

Yeah, that’s true. But even while Demon’s Souls has three stacks, and people were stacking that near a decade ago, you still had to put in the work. 

36 Fragments of Midnight and Midnight Deluxe both look to be cute little platformers that are fun. But both carry six stacks each, both can easily be done in under a hour and you can net yourself 12 new platinums in under a day. That is why they get a bad reputation with a lot of trophy hunters. That is why there has been a recent discussion of somebody wanting to change the way trophies are being handled. 

Anybody can play any game they want. It’s their choice and freedom to do so. I’m just repeating what some people have been saying for quite some time now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

How are the people at the top of the leaderboards gonna stay there if they don’t stack rata shit for days on end? Someone think of hakoom 

I’m pretty sure they already bought the stacks and plan to play them very soon, if they haven’t already.

19 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I didn’t think Devious Dungeon was that bad, but that did take a bit more effort than most Ratalaika titles. 

i loved that one, those 4.99$ titles come in handy when there's a small amount of money left in the wallet.

Edited by lordguwa

13 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

I bet we'll keep seeing more and more of this.  There's probably still an avalanche yet to come and I doubt Sony's interested in stopping it.

Not everyone can see yet how this is overall a negative for our hobby, but given time I think most will come around.  Probably around the time they start seeing accounts that have been able to quickly buff up their level with almost nothing but this stuff to their own level which took years to build.  Some will stay ahead of it by turning to it themselves with fervor, but I think most people would rather play other things at least some of the time.

A more interesting question is what should we do about it?  The current technique of shaming and arguing is getting nowhere.  I guess we probably just wait, at this point.

If you play games cuz you enjoy the games and the challenge these type of games would mean nothing to you. 

I dont buy these games until they are 50-75% off because I think anything over $3 ain’t worth for the 2 hour max of gameplay but they ARE fun when you plat them. It’s about having fun ain’t it?

• Like 1