Can we get a filter for this company?

DarkestBOO

I like baseball. It's a fun hobby. I only play with a bat that swings for me 98%-99% of the time. I have so many homeruns! 

OH and EnobahChoas, I truly appreciate your PSN messages. I know you worked very hard on all 20 of them but there was just too many bad-boy words so I had to block you. Sorry sweety ? we can still talk here, just speak up. Raise that hand ✋I'm sure everyone would like to hear your opinions on handicapped people ? 

Edited by DarkestBOO
  • Like 1

I caint wait for the day where i see a lvl 100 profile with just ratalaika games. It will be a completely worthless profile in my opinion and a reminder that taking the easy road is definitely not rewarding. Some of us have put our heart and soul in these profiles. Looking at a profile filled with Ratalaika games almost makes me puke. Especially when his trophy count is 10 k and hes got 9,999 comon and 1 uncommon. 

• Like 4

As someone who would like to move way up the ranks I have mixed feelings about games like these. On one side it pisses me off when people just speed plat all these piss easy games in every possible format padding the hell out of their lists. Especially when they clearly play certain games like visual novels with the express purpose of ignoring the actual game just to get the trophies. What is the purpose of playing it then if not to experience it, to increase an arbitrary number? Now I despise cash grab games like that Prairie whatever and I am Mayo because charging money for that is ridiculous but some of these games/developers aren't that bad and I would play just to support good small developers. Like Mooseman or Drowning which has cultural relevance or The Count Lucanor and Daggerhood which are actually very good.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:30 PM, Spaz said:

I made this same post before in the past and got a slew of hate comments. 

I guess they’re trying to outdo Orc Slayer and those other piece of shit games. 

The reason you got "a slew of hate" is because many (if not most) Ratalaika games are actually really fun. The problem isn't the game; it's the lousy trophy list.

On 4/17/2019 at 0:45 AM, Carol said:

“Steins;Gate” takes more than 30 hours to platinum and it’s a masterpiece. People who skip it are playing it wrong, so there’s nothing to complain about.

About the first part of your comment, most of us, trophy hunters, have so many other games to work on. How many of us continue playing the game, after we get every trophy? I do it in a few games, that I really love, but it’s uncommon. The motivation just isn’t there anymore, so the trophy lists should help in this.

LMAO! What a bunch of fail in this post! On the one hand, you claim that people who don't play Stein;s Gate the way you did "are playing it wrong". But on the other hand, you make some lame trophy collecting comment...to justify not playing a game!

Hoo boy.

13 hours ago, B1rvine said:

If @RatalaikaGames isn't happy about how his platinums compare to regular games' platinums, he should just create trophy lists without platinums.  

And believe it or not, (and I'm not being sarcastic here) most of the defenders of these games' high quality will still continue to buy them. Then everyone can be happy.

This is the real solution here. Just don't put a plat on these games! Make them 315 points, like all other 100%ers, and I doubt you'll hear a peep of complaint.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, B1rvine said:

And believe it or not, (and I'm not being sarcastic here) most of the defenders of these games' high quality will still continue to buy them. Then everyone can be happy.

That may even make me buy them again. Small fun games with a couple of trophies for having some quick fun on my Vita. No shame, just game!

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Nah. A "hardcore" leaderboard is just another way to make everyone a winner. You don't want easy trophies? Good for you. I admire such principle...right until you expect to be rewarded in some absolute sense for that principle.

That's the most ridiculous statement i've heard on this site and i've heard some really outrageous ones.    I would say the casual leaderboard is the way to make everyone a winner.  There is no honor in playing the types of games it takes to be atop of it.  It's the everybody's a winner system.    You sure you don't have it backwards?   I highly doubt personally i'm the winner of either leaderboard and that's ok.  I believe winning in other aspects of life is still more important.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

That's the most ridiculous statement i've heard on this site and i've heard some really outrageous ones.    I would say the casual leaderboard is the way to make everyone a winner.  There is no honor in playing the types of games it takes to be atop of it.  It's the everybody's a winner system.    You sure you don't have it backwards?   I highly doubt personally i'm the winner of either leaderboard and that's ok.  I believe winning in other aspects of life is still more important.  

I like to play long games. I've played a ton of 100+ hour games. That doesn't mean I get rewarded for my plats over someone whose plats take 1 hour. 

No, I assure you I "don't have it backwards". The leaderboard rewards trophy accomplishments. That's it. There is absolutely no need to break it further into "casual trophies" and "hardcore trophies", simply so people who don't play easy games can still be high on the leaderboards. 

Congrats on your beliefs about "winning in other aspects of life". I like cottage cheese!

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I like to play long games. I've played a ton of 100+ hour games. That doesn't mean I get rewarded for my plats over someone whose plats take 1 hour. 

No, I assure you I "don't have it backwards". The leaderboard rewards trophy accomplishments. There is absolutely no need to break it further into "casual trophies" and "hardcore trophies", simply so people who don't play easy games can still be high on the leaderboards. 

Congrats on your beliefs about "winning in other aspects of life". I like cottage cheese!

No man i'm quite certain you have it backwards.  Playing iron snout 5 times is a waste of precious life.  Being rewarded for it in anyway is a dump on society.  Only in a liberal far left society would we get rewarded for such trash. You certainly should be more rewarded for your 100 hour games then somebody who played a game for a hour or less without a doubt.  Any belief otherwise is ludicrous!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

No man i'm quite certain you have it backwards.  Playing iron snout 5 times is a waste of precious life.  Being rewarded for it in anyway is a dump on society.  Only in a liberal far left society would we get rewarded for such trash. You certainly should be more rewarded for your 100 hour games then somebody who played a game for a hour or less without a doubt.  Any belief otherwise is ludicrous!!

You win the daily award for taking all of this far too fucking seriously.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

You should probably keep "winning at life", or whatever else it is that you do. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

The problem I see here is certain people derive self-esteem from trophies and are angry that others can get quick trophies with minimal playtime. The solution is quite easy: stop comparing yourselves to others.

No, you're not going to get these games removed from PSN. No, you're not going to get people to stop playing them. Focus on yourself and your games instead. If you see one of their trophy lists added to the site, just roll your eyes and go back to what you were doing.

Or just silently judge them. Or even be unsilent...in your status updates. 

I have no problem comparing myself to others. Obviously, I always come out on top. :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

The problem I see here is certain people derive self-esteem from trophies and are angry that others can get quick trophies with minimal playtime. The solution is quite easy: stop comparing yourselves to others.

No, you're not going to get these games removed from PSN. No, you're not going to get people to stop playing them. Focus on yourself and your games instead. If you see one of their trophy lists added to the site, just roll your eyes and go back to what you were doing.

at the end of the day this is a trophy hunting website so discussions like these are going to take place.  In my opinion it absolutely a topic that should be discussed.  If you like this as a hobby and have fun at it it is understandable to want to discuss what is best for the hobby.  It's the same thing with another hobby or sport.  Take golf or football every year they go and make new rules or eliminate certain rules.   For anything to last it must constantly be evolving.   People get on here and bitch about the easy games.  Then people who play easy games bitch about the people bitching.  Then I come along and make a reasonable solution to create two leaderboards one eliminating common trophies and people bitch about that.  And if you don't like these types of forums roll your eyes and go back to what you were doing.  don't bother reading any further or replying right?

• Like 2