Can we get a filter for this company?

DarkestBOO

4 minutes ago, Mardia-- said:

Most of the defenders of their games' high quality are usually the same crowd butthurt because a game lacks a platinum. I'd like to see how many of them would be playing their next "quality" release if it lacked one.

I have plenty of non-platinum games. Your post reminds me of someone I was getting into arguments with regarding Hitman 2 not having a platinum trophy. 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:14 AM, Fat Chocobo said:

I didn’t think Devious Dungeon was that bad, but that did take a bit more effort than most Ratalaika titles. 

Yeah quite liked that one too, shame it ended right when it started to get interesting and a bit challenging. :( But the good news is that Devious Dungeon 2 that the PC and mobile devices have had for a good while is coming to PS4 too! Nothing to be super hyped about but definitely gonna play it once or twice depending on stacks and prices. ?

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I have plenty of non-platinum games. Your post reminds me of someone I was getting into arguments with regarding Hitman 2 not having a platinum trophy. 

Yep, that's why I said most and not all. Surely you can seperate yourself from the people who get 50 plats a month consisting of ezpz stacks right?

11 minutes ago, Poramies said:

Yeah quite liked that one too, shame it ended right when it started to get interesting and a bit challenging. :( But the good news is that Devious Dungeon 2 that the PC and mobile devices have had for a good while is coming to PS4 too! Nothing to be super hyped about but definitely gonna play it once or twice depending on stacks and prices. 1f601.png

Just a bit worried the list will be half-ass. At least you had to finish the game for the first one.

On 17/04/2019 at 10:12 AM, DarkestBOO said:

And before the asinine comments, I sleep fine at night, I'm relaxed, I don't take trophies seriously, yup I'm gonna keep coming to this site, my opinion ?

I know this isn't really related to the topic, but I really would like to say that reading this sentence was so refreshing. I've only been around here for a relatively short amount of time, and already I've seen some pretty embarrassing things written by some clearly troubled individuals. Thank you for inadvertently making me feel a little better.

I usually wouldn't say something so off topic like this, but since the original topic has so many replies already it's probably okay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir-Syzygy said:

I know this isn't really related to the topic, but I really would like to say that reading this sentence was so refreshing. I've only been around here for a relatively short amount of time, and already I've seen some pretty embarrassing things written by some clearly troubled individuals. Thank you for inadvertently making me feel a little better.

I usually wouldn't say something so off topic like this, but since the original topic has so many replies already it's probably okay.

I second this. I personally enjoy hunting trophies, but due to the fact I'm usually making trophy guides to help other people, I hardly have time to go for harder or longer games. That's not necessarily my fault. It's just the lifestyle I chose to live. Regardless, we should just enjoy trophy hunting, whatever your opinion on all the easy peasy platinums may be. Even so, there's nothing wrong in presenting an opinion on the matter, but some comments I see is like borderline shaming of those who just enjoy games. Ratalaika have made some pretty fun games though. Fullblast, Devious Dungeon, Super Destronaut DX, Iron Snout just to name a few, so sometimes it might not be for trophies. Either way, playing video games is fun. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I second this. I personally enjoy hunting trophies, but due to the fact I'm usually making trophy guides to help other people, I hardly have time to go for harder or longer games. That's not necessarily my fault. It's just the lifestyle I chose to live. Regardless, we should just enjoy trophy hunting, whatever your opinion on all the easy peasy platinums may be. Even so, there's nothing wrong in presenting an opinion on the matter, but some comments I see is like borderline shaming of those who just enjoy games. Ratalaika have made some pretty fun games though. Fullblast, Devious Dungeon, Super Destronaut DX, Iron Snout just to name a few, so sometimes it might not be for trophies. Either way, playing video games is fun. ^_^ 

I'm sorry but to say you don't have time sort of tells me you don't want to challenge yourself every now and then.

I know most people will never complete Mein Leben difficulty in Wolfenstein 2. There are plenty of people out there who earned most of the trophies in that game and then decided to move on to other games.

This isn't about being impressive or trying to stack a game just because there's six of them.

I have games on my trophy list I haven't touched in years, and others I only just recently gone back and earned a trophy. I didn't give up on some of them, it's just that I lost interest for a long time and moved to other games.

There's a ton of easy games out there that are fun. Despite what people say about TellTale (which sadly are no more) I enjoy a number of their games, and I watch them to their completion.

Ratalaika has made those trophy lists to be as easy as possible. Those games you listed could of had a different trophy list to where you had to play them to their fullest. I don't think quite as many people would of finished them if that were the case.

They have also made six stacks for their games every single time, and since I lurk these forums a lot this is what I've been seeing constantly these past few weeks. You have to pay for those different regions, you can't just buy all six stacks in one go.

I understand your opinion and I understand why you're probably annoyed by what other people have said on here. But I feel those who have openly criticized against Ratalaika have just as much right to talk about them as those who support Ratalaika and purchase their games.

Ratalaika hasn't really developed those games, they simply publish them.

15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm sorry but to say you don't have time sort of tells me you don't want to challenge yourself every now and then.

I know most people will never complete Mein Leben difficulty in Wolfenstein 2. There are plenty of people out there who earned most of the trophies in that game and then decided to move on to other games.

This isn't about being impressive or trying to stack a game just because there's six of them.

I have games on my trophy list I haven't touched in years, and others I only just recently gone back and earned a trophy. I didn't give up on some of them, it's just that I lost interest for a long time and moved to other games.

There's a ton of easy games out there that are fun. Despite what people say about TellTale (which sadly are no more) I enjoy a number of their games, and I watch them to their completion.

Ratalaika has made those trophy lists to be as easy as possible. Those games you listed could of had a different trophy list to where you had to play them to their fullest. I don't think quite as many people would of finished them if that were the case.

They have also made six stacks for their games every single time, and since I lurk these forums a lot this is what I've been seeing constantly these past few weeks. You have to pay for those different regions, you can't just buy all six stacks in one go.

I understand your opinion and I understand why you're probably annoyed by what other people have said on here. But I feel those who have openly criticized against Ratalaika have just as much right to talk about them as those who support Ratalaika and purchase their games.

Ratalaika hasn't really developed those games, they simply publish them.

I say I don't have time, but that doesnt mean I don't at least make a start on harder platinums. I've been trying to platinum MXGP on PS3 for over a year on and off for example. Getting 1 million fans in that game ain't a 5 minute job but I do play it when I can. I started Wolfenstein The New Order back in March and played some of that. Even so, I totally understand why you'd think I don't challenge myself. 

I'm not annoyed by what other people say though. It's their opinion and they're entitled to share it. I accept their opinions and that's okay. Obviously I don't wanna make a big deal out of Ratalaika's trophy lists but like I said, I just enjoy them and make guides. People can play whatever they like though so it doesnt bother me personally :)

6 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I say I don't have time, but that doesnt mean I don't at least make a start on harder platinums. I've been trying to platinum MXGP on PS3 for over a year on and off for example. Getting 1 million fans in that game ain't a 5 minute job but I do play it when I can. I started Wolfenstein The New Order back in March and played some of that. Even so, I totally understand why you'd think I don't challenge myself. 

I'm not annoyed by what other people say though. It's their opinion and they're entitled to share it. I accept their opinions and that's okay. Obviously I don't wanna make a big deal out of Ratalaika's trophy lists but like I said, I just enjoy them and make guides. People can play whatever they like though so it doesnt bother me personally :)

Wolfenstein new order and mxgp are standard games and very easy platinums. Don't get me wrong they are rather fun and I've done both myself, but they are what should be typical of games and for the majority are, with the exception of the blatant cash grab ratalaika shit.

Ratalaika is slinging these stacks like crack, just taking advantage of people who don't have enough self discipline with their spending to keep hearing that ding with nothing else in return.

3 hours ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I know exactly what you mean. After I had explicitly stated in a post that I am not a trophy hunter, a particular user started trying to convince me that I was secretly one all along, on account of the fact I said I happened to be proud of a few of the trophies I had earned, whilst accusing me of being condescending towards him (among other things). I have absolutely nothing against trophy hunting or trophy hunters, but I'm still not one myself, and this person just couldn't accept that fact. 

Again, sorry for going off topic in this thread everyone ?

Edited by Sir-Syzygy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

Wolfenstein new order and mxgp are standard games and very easy platinums. Don't get me wrong they are rather fun and I've done both myself, but they are what should be typical of games and for the majority are, with the exception of the blatant cash grab ratalaika shit.

Ratalaika is slinging these stacks like crack, just taking advantage of people who don't have enough self discipline with their spending to keep hearing that ding with nothing else in return.

Yeah, totally but my point was that I do try to go for harder longer platinums too xD 

2 hours ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I personally enjoy hunting trophies, but due to the fact I'm usually making trophy guides to help other people, I hardly have time to go for harder or longer games. That's not necessarily my fault. It's just the lifestyle I chose to live.

Please don't take this as a jab, as I am saying this with the greatest of respect and out of genuine curiosity but why do you post trophy guides for almost exclusively really easy games?

Your prolific output shows that you are talented at making guides but are they really necessary? It would be like a cartographer using their skills to draw maps to lead people to their front door. Have you considered focusing on more challenging games instead?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Please don't take this as a jab, as I am saying this with the greatest of respect and out of genuine curiosity but why do you post trophy guides for almost exclusively really easy games?

Your prolific output shows that you are talented at making guides but are they really necessary? It would be like a cartographer using their skills to draw maps to lead people to their front door. Have you considered focusing on more challenging games instead?

Not at all. I mean, I have done guides for slightly longer or slightly harder games as well but it's your opinion to what you consider easy or not. For example, I did a platinum walkthrough for Massira back in February I think? Anyway, that took a bit of time due to how many collectibles there was in the game but the game will seem a lot easier because of the guide being made. Bearing in mind no one else has done one. I do have plans to do guides for not as easy games too. I totally respect your input on this by the way. Obviously some games would be considered tricky to some people, but there has to be a kind of balance I suppose. But yeah, more challenging guides can be good to go for sometimes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) 

5 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

It wouldn't be fun otherwise 1f600.png

Quite right man ^^ Although I will admit, stacking does take the "fun" aspect out a little, but the collecting aspect is addictive. I guess a balance in both worlds is what's needed. 

Edited by The Blakk Vulture
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Not at all. I mean, I have done guides for slightly longer or slightly harder games as well but it's your opinion to what you consider easy or not. For example, I did a platinum walkthrough for Massira back in February I think? Anyway, that took a bit of time due to how many collectibles there was in the game but the game will seem a lot easier because of the guide being made. Bearing in mind no one else has done one. I do have plans to do guides for not as easy games too. I totally respect your input on this by the way. Obviously some games would be considered tricky to some people, but there has to be a kind of balance I suppose. But yeah, more challenging guides can be good to go for sometimes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) 

Thanks for responding with a sincere answer. I looked back at your guides before making this post to make sure I was correct in that statement. I am not familiar with the game you mentioned so I'm sorry for assuming that was another easy one. Even on an easy game, with collectibles, I can totally understand the need for a guide now that you mention it. I am playing Muppet Movie Adventures on the Vita currently, which is an easy game, but I will cross reference a guide for the last collectibles I need, more out of respect of my time more then anything. Without the guide it would certainly be slightly more difficult because of that. That is something I should have thought of.

Just now, DaikichiKawachi said:

Thanks for responding with a sincere answer. I looked back at your guides before making this post to make sure I was correct in that statement. I am not familiar with the game you mentioned so I'm sorry for assuming that was another easy one. Even on an easy game, with collectibles, I can totally understand the need for a guide now that you mention it. I am playing Muppet Movie Adventures on the Vita currently, which is an easy game, but I will cross reference a guide for the last collectibles I need, more out of respect of my time more then anything. Without the guide it would certainly be slightly more difficult because of that. That is something I should have thought of.

No problem at all. Although that particular game was roughly 2 hours, in terms of the length of my guide, but then again, a game can be short and possibly tricky or a game can be longer and easy. There's no real way to tell usually but I do try to vary my guides in terms of length. I will admit, I try to make my guides concise, which in turn, makes them appear longer than most other guides if someone else did one. That's just down to my personal style of how I go about creating them. Regardless, I do like to do a variety of games to mix up it up sometimes, keep things interesting for myself and my audience. Obviously some games are just super easy and whatever and may not even need a guide, which is understandable. But even so, trophy guides for games that have collectibles or highly missable trophies can come in handy as well. That's kind of where I went with Massira, which had quite a few collectibles and missable trophies. Obviously people won't know until they play the game themselves but it's all relative within it. :) 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

2 Words for this whole "my trophy system and rarity is being ruined bullshit" Who cares?

I care that the system my hobby is based on is being ruined... So should everybody...

imagine the system of the sport you play is being ruined, by giving people random points instead of the logical base... Imaging if some crazily OP deck releases in the card game you love and now you can't play it without seeing the deck everywhere...

and so on and so on... 

[but why should we care right]

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:38 PM, dmland12 said:

I bet we'll keep seeing more and more of this.  There's probably still an avalanche yet to come and I doubt Sony's interested in stopping it.

Not everyone can see yet how this is overall a negative for our hobby, but given time I think most will come around.  Probably around the time they start seeing accounts that have been able to quickly buff up their level with almost nothing but this stuff to their own level which took years to build.  Some will stay ahead of it by turning to it themselves with fervor, but I think most people would rather play other things at least some of the time.

A more interesting question is what should we do about it?  The current technique of shaming and arguing is getting nowhere.  I guess we probably just wait, at this point.

Why don't you play the games too! Along with everyone else playing.. Let's say they gain 5 trophy levels by playing "trash games" then if you play it too you can gain 5 levels! Without them devaluing your own score. They won't be able to catch up to you in the trophy race! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

by giving people random points instead of the logical base...

What is the logical base? Nobody is litterally buying trophies, they still have to buy and play the game.

Imaging if some crazily OP deck releases in the card game you love and now you can't play it without seeing the deck everywhere...

If this were to happen in let's say Hearthstone or something, i'd just also play that deck, because that's how the meta works, until they release some new stuff to counter it.

I care that the system my hobby is based on is being ruined... So should everybody...

Trophy hunters in general are already seen as a waste in the eyes of the "regular gamer" saying we ruin games by only getting the trophies and then deleting it. I've litterally had people be angry because i play God of War instead of Call of Duty Black Ops 4. Like seriously? Fuck off. We're all trophy hunters and we shouldn't be trying to categorize each other, thus splitting the community up even more.

Edited by LLegend_Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

What is the logical base? Nobody is litterally buying trophies, they still have to buy and play the game.

First of all : 'play' giggle.. Secondly with logical base I mean the points that you get when you win etcetc. most sports have a fixed point system like, if you win +3 points and lose -0 and the ideology when it was given to you...This can be compared mildly to the trophy system since you also get 'points' by which trophies you achieve. The trophy system doesn't have a 'fixed' system other then that games may have a max value on trophies and bronze, silver and gold having different values;how many you should put in is non-existent, however this does kinda have unwritten rules as have been established with the early games with trophy support. I guess this point in general is debatable in that sense since my idea of a 'standard' trophy list that follow the 'rules  can differ from yours.

Points are given uneven now as it's not about the effort, but who is more addicted and can spend the most money. This is like suddenly getting a +20 for losing a match just because you spend money eh.

If this were to happen in let's say Hearthstone or something, i'd just also play that deck, because that's how the meta works, until they release some new stuff to counter it.

Have fun with bomb warrior/ token druid for 3 months until the new expansion arrives. I still like the game the most when it is in it's most balanced state and when multiple decks are valuable for it's own reason. Not in an OP kind of state were you have one deck (something like odd paladin) that just destroys everyone that doesn't have a good muligan and that is hard to counter.

So again; enjoy playing the same decks/stacks over and over until you reach top op the ladder/leaderboard; I still like it to play diverse decks/games so I like the system to be as balanced as it can be.

Trophy hunters in general are already seen as a waste in the eyes of the "regular gamer" saying we ruin games by only getting the trophies and then deleting it. I've litterally had people be angry because i play God of War instead of Call of Duty Black Ops 4. Like seriously? Fuck off. We're all trophy hunters and we shouldn't be trying to categorize each other, thus splitting the community up even more.

With hobby I mean trophy hunting; maybe I should call it a hobby inside a hobby right? I understand why a "regular gamer" shouldn't care about a trophy system.. But why shouldn't a trophy hunter?

Maybe I'm a total system freak by saying the following. But did we have these kind of discussions between elitist and trophy hoarders back in the day when the only easy game was terminator salvation. I don't think so; Maybe THE RUINED SYSTEM that companies like ratgames is RUINING EVEN FURTHER is actually separating us?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

With hobby I mean trophy hunting; maybe I should call it a hobby inside a hobby right? I understand why a "regular gamer" shouldn't care about a trophy system.. But why shouldn't a trophy hunter?

Maybe I'm a total system freak by saying the following. But did we have these kind of discussions between elitist and trophy hoarders back in the day when the only easy game was terminator salvation. I don't think so; Maybe THE RUINED SYSTEM that companies like ratgames is RUINING EVEN FURTHER is actually separating us?

Terminator Salvation and Hannah Montana both came out in 2009 at a time when trophies were still relatively new. They were shit on and criticized just like we’re criticizing Ratalalika Games. However that was 10 years ago, obviously a lot has changed since then. 

My issue in all this is the people advertising these games act as if the trophies are the only things that matter rather than the actual games themselves.

If you’re somebody who played a couple Ratalalika Games without stacking them, earned those platinums and actually played them through to the end, that’s fine. They could of easily tested some slightly more difficult trophies that made you complete them to the end. But it’s the same lists copied over and over. Somebody else developed those games, Ratalalika just publishes them. And quite frankly they’re doing a poor job of it. 

I’m not afraid to say that I bought games a couple years ago for the trophies. I quit doing that a year and a half ago because I wasn’t enjoying those games at all. 

I’m a little curious to know just what social circle @LLegend_Fox was in to warrant trophy hunters a waste though. Doesn’t sound like people I want to hang out with.

• Like 1

I don’t think Rata is the issue it’s trophy hunters themselves. Most people I know that play these games do so because it’s a nice break in between some long and grindy ones. Get a quick platinum in before starting a new grind or line up for a milestone, then they go back to chasing their bigger games and backlog. 

The only problem I see is that newer Trophy Hunters are getting addicted to the cheap, easy 30min platinum and find the effort of a long grind (even on games they claim to love dearly) boring to them when a 100 hour game only gives the same worth as a 20min one. 

If youve a profile with nothing but ezpz platinums with multiple region stacks on all of them but also have a lot of unfinished larger games abandoned and incomplete then that shame is on you. Not Rata. 

Edited by OrionsOdyssey