Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection thoughts?

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

But since these are old arcade games from times past I suppose it makes sense. 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

38 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

Capcom did this with their old Street Fighter Collection. Beat the games, then try your hardest to earn a Blue Belt in online ranked matches. 

I enjoyed the first part of the Megaman X Legacy Collection. 

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

Indeed. Some 1cc would have been nice :)

14 minutes ago, Conker said:

List is somewhat weak, every trophy is just score based, i get these are arcade games but surely they could've had 1 different trophy 

The list should of been like the Arcade Game Series (Pac-Man, Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug and Galaga).

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Hopefully there's unlimited coins to achieve these hi-scores. ?

Edited by rotoninja

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

The fact this collection is called

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

and not

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Lol! That 'Legend will be stained by blood' trophy? 

Its like that now Konami, shouting out the competition through trophies, this is an obvious call to Bloodstained?

Haha I noticed that too. I love this type of stuff.

These are very pedestrian trophies, but I'm glad there is a Platinum.

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

The fact this collection is called

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

and not

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

Agreed

• Like 1

I am glad the collection has platinum, this means that Castlevania and Contra collection will possible have platinum as well.

But I agree that a bit more of variety could had been better, what I can defend is that maybe just maybe obtain these high scores won't be that easy, maybe.

I hope Contra and Castlevania have more variety in their list as Castlevania Requiem.

• 8 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 8:06 AM, MMDE said:

Game is on sale now. All the titles in this collection comes with 2 trophies. One silver and one gold, but both for getting a specific score, where the gold is usually twice of the silver one. The games are definitely emulated, and you can play both NA and JP version of each arcade game. Because it's emulated, you can save whenever you want to, though you can only keep one save, but it doesn't get deleted when you continue, so no exit game and backup save etc. You can just save, which is kind of slow, and then load, which is actually fast, whenever you want to. You can also set yourself to play the games on easy and with 7 lives. You can set the controls to be exactly what you want, with some rapid fire options etc too. It seemed to me they tried to emulate the limitations of the hardware the games were played on too, with slow-downs in certain hectic shmup scenes, which I'm sure the PS4 would be able to handle, but is something I'd expect in the original versions.

With the save feature, and the simple trophies, this is actually fairly easy, even if you suck big time at some of the games.

Thanks for information! Will pick this one up this week.

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 10:35 PM, Spaz said:

With the save/load feature does it even matter?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Went back and finished this. Trophies for my favorites were over too quickly (Gradius, Salamander) but on the other hand Haunted Castle was a pita since I've never played through it. I'd rate the collection 3/10 for difficultly. You can always just spam save every 10k points or whatever. Easy plat, but at least it got one at all.