MidnightDragon

Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection thoughts?

20 posts in this topic

Was hoping for a bit more variety, but nice it has a plat.

Agreed - from what I can tell, this will be very obtainable

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

But since these are old arcade games from times past I suppose it makes sense. 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

Scramble!!!! 

Also wish they had beat x level not high score but eh, it'll be a great plat

38 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

Capcom did this with their old Street Fighter Collection. Beat the games, then try your hardest to earn a Blue Belt in online ranked matches. 

I enjoyed the first part of the Megaman X Legacy Collection. 

Lol! That 'Legend will be stained by blood' trophy? 

Its like that now Konami, shouting out the competition through trophies, this is an obvious call to Bloodstained?

Posted (edited)

sad they don't have other game classics like this but with say smash tv or something like they did on ps2 and 3

Edited by KANERKB

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

Indeed. Some 1cc would have been nice :)

List is somewhat weak, every trophy is just score based, i get these are arcade games but surely they could've had 1 different trophy 

14 minutes ago, Conker said:

List is somewhat weak, every trophy is just score based, i get these are arcade games but surely they could've had 1 different trophy 

The list should of been like the Arcade Game Series (Pac-Man, Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug and Galaga).

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Hopefully there's unlimited coins to achieve these hi-scores. 😉

Edited by rotoninja

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

The fact this collection is called

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

and not

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

Just now, enaysoft said:

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

and not

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

They may do a part 2 tbh

1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Lol! That 'Legend will be stained by blood' trophy? 

Its like that now Konami, shouting out the competition through trophies, this is an obvious call to Bloodstained?

Haha I noticed that too. I love this type of stuff.

These are very pedestrian trophies, but I'm glad there is a Platinum.

This doesn't look like it'll take long to platinum unfortunately, I was hoping for something a bit more difficult. I might pick it up regardless though because I do love a good retro/arcade collection.

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

and not

Agreed

Time Pilot

Sunset Riders

Roc n Rope

Flippin’ Frogger, arguably Konami’s Pac-Man / Space Invaders / Donkey Kong

Even Ye Ar Kung Fu

Bad job.

I am glad the collection has platinum, this means that Castlevania and Contra collection will possible have platinum as well.

But I agree that a bit more of variety could had been better, what I can defend is that maybe just maybe obtain these high scores won't be that easy, maybe.

I hope Contra and Castlevania have more variety in their list as Castlevania Requiem.

I'd rather this list have a platinum with these trophies than like other collections that have no trophy and crazy difficult golds to obtain.