MidnightDragon

Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection thoughts?

20 posts in this topic

Was hoping for a bit more variety, but nice it has a plat.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed - from what I can tell, this will be very obtainable

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

 

But since these are old arcade games from times past I suppose it makes sense. 

 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

...

 

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scramble!!!! 

 

Also wish they had beat x level not high score but eh, it'll be a great plat

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Guess all the other collections are gonna be just as bad with the trophy lists. 

 

Beat Castlevania I!

Beat Castlevania III!

Beat Super Castlevania IV!

...

 

I hope the emulation is good and not phoned in like Capcom did with their megaman X legacy collection. Someday the input lag will get patched...in my dreams maybe >:(

 

Capcom did this with their old Street Fighter Collection. Beat the games, then try your hardest to earn a Blue Belt in online ranked matches. 

 

I enjoyed the first part of the Megaman X Legacy Collection. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol! That 'Legend will be stained by blood' trophy? 

 

Its like that now Konami, shouting out the competition through trophies, this is an obvious call to Bloodstained?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

sad they don't have other game classics like this but with say smash tv or something like they did on ps2 and 3

Edited by KANERKB
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

 

But since these are old arcade games from times past I suppose it makes sense. 

 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

Indeed. Some 1cc would have been nice :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

List is somewhat weak, every trophy is just score based, i get these are arcade games but surely they could've had 1 different trophy 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Conker said:

List is somewhat weak, every trophy is just score based, i get these are arcade games but surely they could've had 1 different trophy 

 

The list should of been like the Arcade Game Series (Pac-Man, Ms Pac Man, Dig Dug and Galaga).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’m not too happy that they just threw in a bunch of trophies for reaching X in score. A little more variety like obtain X lives in X game or reach the X level without using X would of been nice. 

 

But since these are old arcade games from times past I suppose it makes sense. 

 

Here’s hoping the Castlevania and Contra collections won’t have a list that is as copy and paste.

 

Hopefully there's unlimited coins to achieve these hi-scores. 😉

Edited by rotoninja
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

 

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

 

The fact this collection is called

 

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

and not

 

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

 

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, enaysoft said:

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

 

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

 

The fact this collection is called

 

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

and not

 

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

 

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

They may do a part 2 tbh

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Lol! That 'Legend will be stained by blood' trophy? 

 

Its like that now Konami, shouting out the competition through trophies, this is an obvious call to Bloodstained?

Haha I noticed that too. I love this type of stuff.

 

These are very pedestrian trophies, but I'm glad there is a Platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't look like it'll take long to platinum unfortunately, I was hoping for something a bit more difficult. I might pick it up regardless though because I do love a good retro/arcade collection.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This collection is stupid. Over half of the games are already available on Hamster Arcade archives on PS4.

 

Bring out all the scrolling beat-em-ups already, Konami has like 20 classic scrolling beat-em-ups some of which have NEVER had a release on any system ever.

 

The fact this collection is called

 

"Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

and not

 

"Arcade Shooting Classics Anniversary Collection"

 

leads me to believe there won't be any other collections from Konami.

 

Turtles in Time, Vendetta, Crime Fighters, Sunset Riders etc. THESE are games we all want.

Agreed

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time Pilot

Sunset Riders

Roc n Rope

Flippin’ Frogger, arguably Konami’s Pac-Man / Space Invaders / Donkey Kong

Even Ye Ar Kung Fu

 

Bad job.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad the collection has platinum, this means that Castlevania and Contra collection will possible have platinum as well.

 

But I agree that a bit more of variety could had been better, what I can defend is that maybe just maybe obtain these high scores won't be that easy, maybe.

 

I hope Contra and Castlevania have more variety in their list as Castlevania Requiem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather this list have a platinum with these trophies than like other collections that have no trophy and crazy difficult golds to obtain.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.