MK11 Trophy List Is a F**** Joke Compared To Previous

AnimeFanTalk

One of the things I was really looking froward to was the grind, the pain and agony of hunting down the trophies in MK11 but this list so easy that non-fighting game players can complete the game. I'm not sure if NRS did this on purpose to have trophy hunters touch the game but if they did I don't see any non-fighting game player enjoy the game. I don't even think they will stick around after. This Platinum status is gonna go from Ultra Rare to Common. BET with only spending real money you can literally 100% MK11 in 8 hours (my prediction of the length of completing) 

My complaint here is INJ2 / MKX were such a grind it made the trophies much more satisfying, but this list........ 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Must have heard I'll be playing on Switch so they figured "fuck it, no one who matters is playing on PlayStation anymore"

Or they just said “fuck the trophy lists” since nobody is going to care about them anymore. 

Looks almost as easy as Tekken 7. It’s definitely a lot more casual friendly than the previous two games were.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

There’s still grinding, but it’s definitely very much like Tekken 7’s list. 

Tekken 7 attracted a lot of people who never played the series before and the same will happen with Mortal Kombat 11. 

I see one multiplayer trophy and I think King of the Hill may be online, but I’m not sure. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Tekken 7 attracted a lot of people who never played the series before and the same will happen with Mortal Kombat 11. 

I see one multiplayer trophy and I think King of the Hill may be online, but I’m not sure. 

its a MP trophy. In MKX u were required to pay 1-10 points after a king of the hill match so prolly if u wanna knock this out of the way u have to play and pay 10 points in each game.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

here i am hoping for KoTH Offline, it would be so nice with friends.

Well since I'm currently battling my way through MK 9 I'm glad the trophy list is easier. "My Kung Fu is Stronger" is a ridiculous trophy imo. Relentless, needless grinding - if that's what you want from a MK game then... whoaaaaa GO FOR IT! There's no skill in that though ? Seems like you'll unlock 90% of the trophies in this list in a couple of hours which I'm grateful for.

• Like 2

I just don't get it. Trophies are such a wonderful way to enrich and prolong (?) your playtime. Micro challenges that make you look at the aspects of the game you will probably miss otherwise. And I believe it's about 1 Man Day max to prepare a good trophy list. 

Why do we got shit like this? 

also I HATE AI battles in Justice2. I've lost my interest in playing when I saw they gain XP quicker than I am, and then I lost my interest in game when I didn't play - just watches my AI bots play. And now I see AI battles are back, and the grindiest trophy (250 towers) can be probably done that way. Tha'ts whack :( 100% of MKX was one of my favorite 100%.

I enjoyed getting to the MKX platinum mainly because it challenged me to actually give the online a go and improve my skills (I'm generally not great at fighting games), plus I just enjoyed the hell out of the gameplay so it didn't feel like a chore at all. I wouldn't have minded another trophy list similar to that one to be honest. 

Injustice 2 was mostly good except for the Cat Call trophy which frankly sucked and it did affect my lasting enjoyment of the game. If it hadn't of been required to get it for plat and I could have stopped after all the other trophies it would have been a pretty good list again in my opinion. 

53 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

also I HATE AI battles in Justice2. I've lost my interest in playing when I saw they gain XP quicker than I am, and then I lost my interest in game when I didn't play - just watches my AI bots play. And now I see AI battles are back, and the grindiest trophy (250 towers) can be probably done that way. Tha'ts whack :( 100% of MKX was one of my favorite 100%.

The new list does look much easier but still has a bit of grind with the towers, I don't think I'll use bots like I did in Injustice 2 as towers are cool to play with the modifiers and what not. Like you said just watching AI bots play isn't nearly as much fun but I think it will be less of a requirement/temptation this time.  

I don't think an easier list is a problem, as most people who love the game will play it endlessly regardless. Some trophy hunters may see it as a chance to finally get one of NRS plats which is fair enough if that's all they want the game for. As long as it sells well and is fun to play then most people will be happy. While Injustice 2 and MKX are two of my most prized plats I'll be quite content to whip this plat out quick and then just play the game at my own pace. 

While I can't speak for MK9, I don't think that MKX has a hard trophy list. In the end, it's just a grindfest. And as I already mentioned in another thread, I think that "Master of Time (Komplete 250 Towers)" will keep the plat rarity low.

Edited by AvengedEvil