MK11 Trophy List Is a F**** Joke Compared To Previous

AnimeFanTalk

13 hours ago, AnimeFanTalk said:

One of the things I was really looking froward to was the grind, the pain and agony of hunting down the trophies in MK11 but this list so easy that non-fighting game players can complete the game. I'm not sure if NRS did this on purpose to have trophy hunters touch the game but if they did I don't see any non-fighting game player enjoy the game. I don't even think they will stick around after. This Platinum status is gonna go from Ultra Rare to Common. BET with only spending real money you can literally 100% MK11 in 8 hours (my prediction of the length of completing) 

My complaint here is INJ2 / MKX were such a grind it made the trophies much more satisfying, but this list........ 

They don't care about trophy hunters.  Stop it.  Also, you didn't even do MK 9 :facepalm: MK 9 wasn't even that bad either.  I actually will play this game because it has Jade in .  She's my favorite character.  You can enjoy a game, despite it not being a grind, you know.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

While I can't speak for MK9, I don't think that MKX has a hard trophy list. In the end, it's just a grindfest. And as I already mentioned in another thread, I think that "Master of Time (Komplete 250 Towers" will keep the plat rarity low.

I've only played MK Armageddon and MK9 and I'm not remembering what the Towers are... Is it a online thing? I know there's a tower in arcade mode or something like that where you have to beat all 10 adversaries + boss to win. Is that it?

14 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I can’t be the only one that’s glad the platinum won’t be a huge grind. I’m all for a challenge but can’t be bothered with stupid ass trophies that require senseless grinding. Don’t know how anyone can find that sort of shit satisfying. 

I like the 10 wins in a row and hidden fighters and stuff like that, the gain mastery of all fighters on MK9 was bullshit but I would have preferred it the same difficulty as MK10 at least 

2 hours ago, bpmotard said:

I've only played MK Armageddon and MK9 and I'm not remembering what the Towers are... Is it a online thing? I know there's a tower in arcade mode or something like that where you have to beat all 10 adversaries + boss to win. Is that it?

Yes, that's basically it.

This could very well be the First-Worldiest of First World problems.

If you like grindy trophies, more power to you, I just happen to not subscribe to the hugely irrational belief that a platinum trophy needs to make you hate the game in pursuit of it. That doesn't lead to satisfaction or accomplishment, it was, in the end, just a grind.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

It is good when trophy list gives you some accomplishment. But when you start hating the game and the trophy list it's another topic. :D
Ofcourse if the platinum is too easy , I don't like it either. Tekken 6,7 - took me about a week. It's a joke. And if i played it almost for 12hours straight it could've been faster. 

Edited by DanTEzuma89

16 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I can’t be the only one that’s glad the platinum won’t be a huge grind. I’m all for a challenge but can’t be bothered with stupid ass trophies that require senseless grinding. Don’t know how anyone can find that sort of shit satisfying. 

I agree and am very excited. Ive got 86 hour in Injustice 2 and have opened like 2000 boxes and fought hundreds of bosses for that stupid Cat Call trophy. Grind like that is not fun at all. That's the crap that takes the fun out of getting trophies. 

9 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

I hope that's sarcasm... because you don't even have the platinum in Injustice 2... so how can you complain about an easy list.

I'm glad that the trophies seem to be easier because I'm not that good at fighting games and now I can finally give a Mortal Kombat platinum a try. I'm not sure about the DLC trophies though, they could be really hard compared to the platinum...

does it matter when you have the MKX Plat but not the plat for injustice 2? maybe he got burned down like me with the RNG trophy and stopped playing for the plat.

nice to see that you are glad with the list but some of us wanted at least one or two trophies than meant a challenge for the plat, at the end of the day is a FG no matter what.

43 minutes ago, Arielferrari19 said:

does it matter when you have the MKX Plat but not the plat for injustice 2? maybe he got burned down like me with the RNG trophy and stopped playing for the plat.

nice to see that you are glad with the list but some of us wanted at least one or two trophies than meant a challenge for the plat, at the end of the day is a FG no matter what.

It's weird because he complains about the Mortal Kombat 11 trophies being too easy while at the same time stating that he isn't a completionist anyway. Then why bother and not just enjoy the game? But that's just my opinion and we can't change the trophies anyway (btw I'm not sure they're actually that easy).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

I hope that's sarcasm... because you don't even have the platinum in Injustice 2... so how can you complain about an easy list.

I'm glad that the trophies seem to be easier because I'm not that good at fighting games and now I can finally give a Mortal Kombat platinum a try. I'm not sure about the DLC trophies though, they could be really hard compared to the platinum...

Savage...

On 17/04/2019 at 7:52 AM, HellcoreFire said:

People complaining trophies are too easy on the left. People complaining trophies are too hard on the right. Me complaining trophies even exist. Gotta love first world problems.

You complain trophies exist? Can you tell me why you are on a thread about trophies for an upcoming game on a trophy website? Something doesnt add up.

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong but both MK9 and 10 weren't hard either? MK9 just took 350+ hrs?

Reading both guides they both aren't rated past 5/10 so why are people complaining? I know I haven't played but em so again correct me if im wrong.  

On 4/16/2019 at 10:31 PM, AnimeFanTalk said:

One of the things I was really looking froward to was the grind, the pain and agony of hunting down the trophies in MK11 but this list so easy that non-fighting game players can complete the game. I'm not sure if NRS did this on purpose to have trophy hunters touch the game but if they did I don't see any non-fighting game player enjoy the game. I don't even think they will stick around after. This Platinum status is gonna go from Ultra Rare to Common. BET with only spending real money you can literally 100% MK11 in 8 hours (my prediction of the length of completing) 

My complaint here is INJ2 / MKX were such a grind it made the trophies much more satisfying, but this list........ 

Dude have you seen the gameplay? It’s Kid Kombat 11!!  3 hit combos are the norm and game is slow as hell now.  This game is for the masses and so is the trophy list! It’s clear they’re trying to break sales records. 

This is is a simpler game than SFV and I didn’t think that was possible. 

#BABY’sFirstKombat

• Like 1

I haven't played an MK game since the PS2, but this one does look fun. I think trophy lists, in general, are becoming easier for AAA games. They want to make sure they are attracting the largest amount of people possible. Making the trophy list easy makes it more accessible. I don't agree with this mindset, but it does make sense.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:01 AM, NaseemJohn said:

Exactly. 

INJ2 had a stupid grind with the cat call trophy , i played the game for 50+ hours but i couldn't grind more for the platinum. 

My main focus here is to enjoy the game first and not grind 200 hours for a plat.

I'm all for an easier trophy list, especially when it comes to online.  Not because I don't think I can compete, but because my internet connection acts like it came from the dark ages most of the time.  Sadly it's the best possible in my area too, just rural enough that broadband/fiberoptic/DSL won't be installed.  Have to settle for satellite or pay per gig cellphone hotspots.  Sucks.

I just got the Platinum last night for MKX and the Platinum for Injustice 2 last October, 100% both games. I am so happy that the trophy list is way easier, I've never been a fan of online, sick of the pointless repetitive grinding like in KOTH, getting 1000 Respect Points when people give 0 on purpose, it's a damn joke. For Injustice 2, I ended up getting the Cat Call, 3rd from the last Ability, I was one of the unlucky ones.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, Snake2410 said:

I'm all for an easier trophy list, especially when it comes to online.  Not because I don't think I can compete, but because my internet connection acts like it came from the dark ages most of the time.  Sadly it's the best possible in my area too, just rural enough that broadband/fiberoptic/DSL won't be installed.  Have to settle for satellite or pay per gig cellphone hotspots.  Sucks.

You have Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us under your belt. Both require a lot of playing online, so I'm just wondering if those were before you moved to a rural area.

---

Back to topic, while I think the trophy list could of done with some more variety, I don't see this to be as bad as some people think.

People complain to complain. I'm just glad I haven't started a little argument for once.