MK11 Trophy List Is a F**** Joke Compared To Previous

AnimeFanTalk

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

You have Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us under your belt. Both require a lot of playing online, so I'm just wondering if those were before you moved to a rural area.

---

Back to topic, while I think the trophy list could of done with some more variety, I don't see this to be as bad as some people think.

People complain to complain. I'm just glad I haven't started a little argument for once.

Yes, they both were when we lived in an area where we had reliable high speed.  Early 2015 is when we moved where we are now.  I managed a few difficult online trophies after that, but we had cellphone hotspots that were too expensive to keep up with so we had to switch to something else.  Satellite or dial up are literally the only other options, and the ping on the satellite is like 600 to 900 most of the time.  It's why you probably will notice most of the games I've played since 2015-16 tend to be light on the online features.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was seriously disappointed in the trophy list when I first saw it. Then I decided to also be devil's advocate, remembering how difficult some of the trophies were in MKX, and thought maybe they were upping the difficulty of the game itself so they made the trophies only look ridiculously easy.

Nope, sadly I was wrong.

Honestly, this is probably the only fighting game I will probably ever platinum. I suck at fighting games. Like, seriously suck. I don't have very good finger reflexes to pull off combos. The fatality trophies in MKX took me weeks because of this and I honestly loved it because of the challenge it gave me. I was done with the fatality trophies in 11 within a couple of hours. Probably would have been less but I kept getting distracted doing other things.

And don't get me started on brutalities. Up until 11 I've never been able to pull one off because of the same reflex issue, but in this game I've counted at least five characters you can easily get a brutality with by just spamming your opponent with uppercuts.

• Like 1

On 17.4.2019 at 4:31 AM, AnimeFanTalk said:

My complaint here is INJ2 / MKX were such a grind it made the trophies much more satisfying, but this list........ 

Since when is grinding satisfying? That sounds like working at the assembly line is the best job one can get. I prefer interesting, hard or complex trophies and not doing the same stuff over and over and over and over again.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 0:12 PM, Tianna_Mortis said:

The fatality trophies in MKX took me weeks because of this and I honestly loved it because of the challenge it gave me. I was done with the fatality trophies in 11 within a couple of hours. Probably would have been less but I kept getting distracted doing other things.

And don't get me started on brutalities. Up until 11 I've never been able to pull one off because of the same reflex issue, but in this game I've counted at least five characters you can easily get a brutality with by just spamming your opponent with uppercuts.

How could the fatality trophies in X take weeks? There where easy Fataility Tokens in that game as well. So even back then, it all boiled down to Holding R2 and then press X or O. And you got a bunch of those tokens in the Krypt.

Also, spamming uppercuts is not how to activate a Brutality. Brutalities are generally "harder" than Fatalities simply because a Fatality is simply a button combo you press during a sequence where you have the time do it (and you can even pause the game and look up the button combo) while the Brutalities have to be done during the fight AND are bound to conditions. The uppercut one has as a condition that you are not allowed to block ANYTHING during the last round and then the killing hit has to be an uppercut ... but not simply an uppercut, you need to hold the Triangle button during the uppercut. So it's not the same as "spamming" uppercuts as a "simple" uppercut will not trigger the brutality, the Triangle button needs to be held for a certain amount of time.

Any opponent worth his salt will obliterate you if you do nothing besides spamming uppercuts and secondly, not blocking is something you will probably not do against a good opponent. Maybe you are one of those players who rarely block at all, which often works fine against the AI but against a human opponent (or the AI on harder difficulties), more often than not you will not be able to use the Uppercut Brutality because you had to block attacks.

The only "easy" thing I see about the brutalities is that now all the kharacters have one that's the same (the Uppercut one) and it's conditions and button combo are very easy to remember and the same for everyone. Some of the kharacter specific brutalities aren't as simple though. Some conditions are harder (f.ex. "don't lose a single round"), some have button combos that need to be pressed during a move/throw etc. Some are easy (Scorpions "Crispy" f.ex.) but I don't see that they are generally easier or different than in X. It is pretty much the same thing as in X.