Servers shutdown

Valtekken173

The servers for the original Burnout Paradise release on PS3 and Xbox 360 are shutting down in August, it seems. Only four or five months left to get the platinum and/or the 100%, then they will both be forever unobtainable. Time to start setting up boosting sessions for both the original game and the DLCs, then. I was hoping the DLCs could go on sale some time soon because I didn't want to drop 20€ on an 11 year old game, but it seems I'll have to do just that.
SOURCE SOURCE 2 COUNTDOWN
EDIT: OFFICIAL SOURCE

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Franciscoo- said:

So there's no way I can download it again even if I got it from PS Plus years ago?

If you go it through PS+ then you can still download it but you'll have to check your library and go through your downloadable content.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, maurjen said:

thank god i finsihed that 

thank god i finsihed that 

Same here. I've even finished it on PC back in 2009. The online was full of idiots, anyway. You would need a decent group, or it'll take a lot more than "an evening or a day".

EDIT: and by "finishing" i mean getting all Freeburn challenges and unlockable vehicles, too. Oh, yeah, two vehicles will become unplayable because of the shutdown... at least one has a "offline" counterpart thanks to Big Surf Island, though.

Edited by Lance_87

I don't recommend doing 8 player freeburn or time challenges, because it will take longer that way, since some players will eventually fail to do it than you waste a lot of time like that. The best is to do 2 player challenges only. They are much quiker and easier.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

The game is delisted? Damn. So Burnout Paradise Complete DLC Edition does not actually contain the game itself? Using "Edition" in the title was a very unfortunate choice then.

Edit: According to some online articles, this version should contain the base game too. Who's right here?

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

18 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

The game is delisted? Damn. So Burnout Paradise Complete DLC Edition does not actually contain the game itself? Using "Edition" in the title was a very unfortunate choice then.

Edit: According to some online articles, this version should contain the base game too. Who's right here?

Nope, those are only DLCs.

Check the size of the file - 700 kb :/.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I bought the complete edition digitally on the (Dutch) PS Store about two years ago, and looking at my receipt, that was a different version than the DLC edition you mentioned.

Considering the file size of 700 kb, the DLC edition doesn't seem to include the game unfortunately.

• Like 1

I’ve done it 10 years ago... but man, it’s sad to see it go... Sure, I’m glad that the game has a second life with the Remastered PS4 version. However, the platinum and 100% trophies is the only thing the people here care about. :(

I wanna see an official or proof of the servers shutting down, but as of now I don’t believe it. And it’s ResetEra we’re talking about, an aweful gaming community.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ve done it 10 years ago... but man, it’s sad to see it go... Sure, I’m glad that the game has a second life with the Remastered PS4 version. However, the platinum and 100% trophies is the only thing the people here care about. :(

I wanna see an official or proof of the servers shutting down, but as of now I don’t believe it a single bit. And it’s ResetEra we’re talking about, an aweful gaming community.

I know it's RE and it's an ugly community, but it's not so unlikely for the game's servers to be shut down. The game is 11 years old and has a remaster, after all. Besides, in this particular matter RE wouldn't have many reasons to lie.

30 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Nope, those are only DLCs.

Check the size of the file - 700 kb :/.

This^

They removed the main game years ago i believe. The only way to get it now is to get the physical version. And than buy the DLC's from the PS Store witch cost you maybe 25/30€ with the disc version included. Luckily i can gameshare this game witch is The Complete Edition (witch includes the main game), so it won't cost me anything. The game is pretty cheap, but the DLC's are not. 20€ is still too much, if you compare the PS4 versions of both stacks to the PS3 version. They always putting up the PS4 versions on sale for super cheap on EU or US store. So it's annoying that the price tag for the PS3 hasn't go down at all. EA might put the DLC's up on sale for the PS3 version since they planning to shut down this game.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 3

I had a feeling this announcement would come soon. Just hope Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 isn’t being discontinued too as that was also by Criterion (plus it’s on my lenghy EA PS3 “games to play” list).

I first started this game with the remaster and loved it to bits. The cars (especually the DLC vehicles), the open world (Paradise City), DJ Automica (G-rated Duke Nukem?), the soundtrack (Guns’n’Roses, Epic, Twisted Sister, previous Burnout scores, classical music), it all worked for me!

I acheived 100% for both PS4 region stacks though I was lucky with the EU stack first because I managed to earn the “8 Player 10 Mile Bike Freeburn Session” trophy legit. I decided to buy a pre-owned copy of the original PS3 release back in December from EB Games (Aussie GameStop) and bought the $30 DLC Bundle from the PlayStation Store a week and a half later. Since them I earned 100% for all stacks (PS3 & PS4 EU/NA) so I’m done with the game, but will continue to treasure it among the many driving/racing games I’ve played throughout my life...