Servers shutdown

Valtekken173

28 minutes ago, greatfede said:

From what i see on my profile i played the game nearly 10 years ago and i had some sort of "dlc edition" since i own some of those extra trophies, BUT only the ones up to the fourth DLC pack.

From then on (5,6,7,8 pack) i don't even have one. So my question is: weren't those DLCs on my burnout edition or did i miss / forgot to play them ? 

Just to know if i have to simply replay it or do i have to buy some extra stuff (not gonna do in this case, only sticking to the missing platinum).

Also, could someone point out the online trophies? I'm probably gonna rush only those ones.

I guess you had the Ultimate Box? Or whatever it was called on console. On PC, it had everything before the paid car packs.

So I gave it one more try today linking another account to my origins account and somehow I now have 2 PSN accounts on my origin account but because of that I am now able to log online to BO with my main account!!! but I feel like it came a little too late. haha. Lets see what I can do to maybe get that plat done.

edit: awesome now I just need mugshot and I can grab that sweet sweet plat. Only taking me 8yrs to do!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

1 hour ago, greatfede said:

Yes i had this one.

So it misses the last 4 DLCs right?

They're more than 4... i think there are at least 3 car packs, then Cops and Robbers (this one gives Police car skins for all most cars in singleplayer, too), and last, but not least, Big Surf Island.

Edited by Lance_87

I have heard there is a way to earn the “8 players meet in the Wildcats baseball stadium” in offline single player mode.

If you guys want to test this out you can check that method out here

Although I feel that it would be quicker to do it online with other players since that method requires you to get your burnout license which takes time. 

Nevertheless if this method holds to be true that would mean that this trophy will still be obtainable after the servers shutdown. 

On 4/17/2019 at 6:59 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Thanks for the information all. Then I will just get the physical copy for now. Maybe the DLC goes on sale but if not, I am not much of a onehundredpercenter anyway :)

With the physical version (non-ultimate box, vanilla only) you can also enter some sponsor codes to add stored branded vehicles for fun (Wal-mart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Circuit City, etc). Just make sure to wait to download the patches until after you enter the sponsor codes as it was disabled in patch 1.6.

https://burnout.fandom.com/wiki/Sponsor_codes

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

Bought this game 8 years ago, played it a bit but didn't return to it. Started playing it again due to the server shutdown.

I own all the DLC so if someone wants to do some with me, message or add me (shaunsheep677). I've done some of the online trophies already but I still need some for the base game (invite a friend, Wildcats baseball stadium and send a mugshot, unfortunately don't own a camera...yet), but mostly stuff for the DLC (10 freeburn challenges, bike stuff, cops n robbers stuff, Island freeburn challenges etc.) 

1 hour ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Sorry if this has been asked already! How long do you think it would take to 100%? I probably won't be able to start it until June and if I can't get it finished I don't want to waste money on the physical disc and the camera.

If you don't want to be on the clock to do the multiplayer stuff and don't want to have to buy the camera, you could always just get Burnout Paradise Remastered instead. It is currently on sale on PSN for PS4 for $5 if you have PS+ and it comes with all the DLC. All 3 trophies tied to the camera were removed from the remastered version. It's multiplayer server is not affected by the shutdown for the PS3 version.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Sorry if this has been asked already! How long do you think it would take to 100%? I probably won't be able to start it until June and if I can't get it finished I don't want to waste money on the physical disc and the camera.

This game is not hard nor long. If you have a boost group set up in advance for the multiplayer trophies, this can easily be knocked out in a weekend if you can play most of the day. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wish I had read through this topic earlier, after finishing Burnout Paradise Remastered I went ahead and bought Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, was not long until I figured out it didn't had all the DLC.

The game is super easy to 100% but 20€ for 1-time DLC is out of question considering Remastered cost me 5$ on PSN not long ago.

Fingers crossed for a sale :/

• 1 month later...

If you still want to complete this, start looking for game sessions set up. There is one going on Fri 7/19 in a couple of hours from this post and another one set up for Sun 7/21. There is only a couple of weeks left so if you don't see one set up, set one up for yourself.

Image result for psa announcement meme

• 2 weeks later...

It's over.
Even though we can still play on PS4, it's a weird feeling for me. I've spent so much time playing this game online on PS3, I'll somehow miss it. I've been using countless of my accounts to get the smugshot trophy during the past week. Maybe some of you met me and my camera message :D

Spoiler

20190727_200000gsjtm.jpg