Ps3 trophies to be treated equal in App

DarkWolfTrucker

I really wish someone at Sony would give the trophies for ps3 games the love it deserves in the app.  How hard is it to show in activities like it’s big brother!  I mean showing a grey box by the game I’m playing now is just wrong!  Bring the love man, lol.  

Does anybody else feel this way?

I think he's referring to the Playstation mobile app. As far as I've seen, it accurately displays whatever game I'm playing on other platforms (PS3/PSV), but trophies earned don't track in the feed for PS3 titles.

...at least that's what I think he's talking about.

• Like 3

Would be nice, but it ain't happening brother. PS3 support will only ever shrink now, never to increase again... unless certain rumors about the PS5 will prove true. The half-arsed PSN ID change kerfluffle is only the latest example. If it had been implemented sooner, PS3-related optimization would have probably been a higher priority.

Speaking objectively, it almost verges on unfair to expect them to support a console that will soon be two generations old. Subjectively, though... screw 'em ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RetroGamerOmega said:

Yes I am talking about the app, and i never thought of it like that. 

If you're talking about the trophies showing in Whats New then thats a PS4 feature, it would be impossible for PS3 to show anything in there. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it would be nice to have Ps3 activites show too....

I mean, if you are on PS4, I dont mind if you just see activites for that system,
but when your using the app or the playstation official browser site, they should show activities of everything Playstation related.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

On 5/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I guess it would be nice to have Ps3 activites show too....

I mean, if you are on PS4, I dont mind if you just see activites for that system,
but when your using the app or the playstation official browser site, they should show activities of everything Playstation related.

My point exactly.  It would be nice.  

It would be nice if Sony had some form of support for their legacy devices. Of course, it shouldn't be their main attention but a manufacturer showing support for their old equipment long after its release date is always something good in my eyes. I mean, it creates this nice relationship with the consumer you know.

Sadly, the only thing Sony does with the PS3 nowadays is to release an update once in a blue month to "improve system performance". Pssst, so much performance that we cannot even see what our friends are playing when they are on a PS4 or a Vita. ?

It would be cool if they implemented more on it than they did. But I think as people stated before it's just gonna get buried under all the current stuff they have to worry about now. I think Sony's priority right now is working on the PS5 and it's backwards compatibility. PS3 problems can wait.

21 minutes ago, colia100 said:

Well, the fact that this thread got 15 reactions in 2 years should be an indication of how much people care about this, so why should Sony?

I guess you got your answer 'bout the lovin' 1f60f.png

Two years? This thread was made less than a month ago... 

But I get what you're saying in that this matters to a very small minority of people so it wouldn't make much sense for Sony to dedicate resources to it. I don't really give a damn about activities or the other social crap they forced into the PS4 anyway. I just want to play games. 

13 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Two years? This thread was made less than a month ago... 

But I get what you're saying in that this matters to a very small minority of people so it wouldn't make much sense for Sony to dedicate resources to it. I don't really give a damn about activities or the other social crap they forced into the PS4 anyway. I just want to play games. 

Oh yeah my bad lol, thought i read 2017 ?

• 1 month later...