Iron Mode - Full Playthrough (Livestream) + Toy Seller trophy

JoaLoft

A bit of a shameless plug I'm posting today, but I recently streamed the full game of Metro: Exodus on NG+ with Iron Mode activated, collecting the three toys for the Toy Seller trophy as well.

I thought it could always serve people who want to see an Iron Mode playthrough (on Normal difficulty), which includes the new collectibles and the good ending. I included the YouTube videos instead of the Twitch ones, because those get removed after two weeks. If you're interested, you can always consult the playlist below.

And apologies for the one death I suffered at the end of the Caspian Sea chapter, which is arguably the toughest part in the whole game. ;)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop them below!

On 19-4-2019 at 6:48 AM, RCA03 said:

The iron mode trophy will pop if I play in the easiest mode? I want to do it in an speed run to finish with this game and start with other one.

Correct. I thought, seeing as how I was streaming it for the first time, I could just as easily play through it again on Normal. But if you want to speedrun through it: I definitely suggest the Reader difficulty.

• 11 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, emailking said:

Yes you can play on Reader (the easiest) which makes it very difficult to die from an enemy. You can still die from a fall or explosion, and there are still crashes and glitches you can experience. So you still have to be careful.

I found that if you close out the game and restart it before and after every large chapter (Volga, Caspian, Taiga) you won't experience crashes in most cases.  I just finished my Iron Mode playthrough this morning and had zero crashes.  Only had one death too, due to some punk slaver in Caspian hitting a gas can in a firefight and blowing me up as I walked by it to get a bead on him.  Right near the end of the level too lol.  

This was on a vanilla PS4 though, I know the Pro supposedly has more issues with freezing.  I had Caspian freeze twice on my first playthrough, so it does still happen though.  But I didn't exit and reload the game on that one, and took longer in Caspian due to searching everwhere.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:50 AM, xRagnarLodbrok said:

Little question,

Does changing the difficulty of the game during the game cancel the trophy for Iron mode?

By putting the game on pause, put the console in rest mode + keep the application in suspension working?

It shouldn't, Iron mode is seperate from the actual difficulty you select.

As for suspending the game while on pause, you shouldn't really need to do that.  The longest level, Caspian, can be done in roughly 2 hours on Reader if you only follow the main objectives and sidetrack only for the NG+ collectable in it.  I've always had trophy issues using the suspend/rest mode feature.  Trophies tended not to pop when I've used it before, not sure if they fixed that or not.

Iron mode is really not hard and should only take around 6 - 8 hours maximum if you skip side stuff and play on reader, plus you can quit after finishing a chapter and not lose progress.  Freezes are fairly rare, and if you quit out and reload the game after each chapter (start of the next one) you shouldn't run into any.  Also, a good idea is to switch the qte button to single press in options, it'll stop you from screwing up a qte.

Edited by Snake2410

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Cela ne devrait pas, le mode Iron est séparé de la difficulté réelle que vous sélectionnez.

En ce qui concerne la suspension du jeu en pause, vous ne devriez pas vraiment avoir besoin de le faire. Le niveau le plus long, Caspian, peut être effectué en environ 2 heures sur Reader si vous ne suivez que les objectifs principaux et ne vous éloignez que pour le NG + collectable. J'ai toujours eu des problèmes de trophée en utilisant la fonction de mode suspension / repos. Les trophées avaient tendance à ne pas éclater quand je l'ai utilisé auparavant, je ne sais pas s'ils ont corrigé cela ou non.

Le mode Iron n'est vraiment pas difficile et ne devrait prendre que 6 à 8 heures maximum si vous sautez des trucs secondaires et jouez sur le lecteur, et vous pouvez également quitter après avoir terminé un chapitre et ne pas perdre de progression. Les gels sont assez rares, et si vous quittez et rechargez le jeu après chaque chapitre (début du suivant), vous ne devriez en rencontrer aucun. En outre, une bonne idée est de basculer le bouton qte sur une seule pression dans les options, cela vous empêchera de bousiller un qte.

Thanks for the advice but I got the trophy, as you said, it was fast and I didn't have to change the difficulty because it was not difficult. I failed only once, at taiga level I got caught by an explosive trap ^^

19 hours ago, xRagnarLodbrok said:

Thanks for the advice but I got the trophy, as you said, it was fast and I didn't have to change the difficulty because it was not difficult. I failed only once, at taiga level I got caught by an explosive trap ^^

I got caught with an explosive gas canister hiding around a corner on Caspian in Oasis.  Enemy hit it as I rounded the corner to take him out lol.  My only death, so I feel you.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kind of pissed off a bit with this game now. 

I thought the mouse, bear and sun were stuff that you could get from the main game. So the bear from Volga for the little girl for example. I finished Volga last night on iron man and only just saw what this trophy is about. Is it like a lot of the other trophies whereby you can reload chapters and find them once I have finished the ng+ iron man play through?

3 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Kind of pissed off a bit with this game now. 

I thought the mouse, bear and sun were stuff that you could get from the main game. So the bear from Volga for the little girl for example. I finished Volga last night on iron man and only just saw what this trophy is about. Is it like a lot of the other trophies whereby you can reload chapters and find them once I have finished the ng+ iron man play through?

I got them all in one single run, but apparently, from what I can gather: other players who tried it state that you can claim these through chapter select, yes.