Help | Cannot locate on-disc DLC | Mafia II

Sir-Syzygy

Recently, I purchased the platinum version of Mafia II (2010). I will have inserted a photo of this version of the game below for clarification purposes.

I already owned this game prior to buying the platinum version, but decided to the platinum version regardless because it's supposed to have all the DLC already on the disc. However, I can't seem to find any of it in the menus of the game. At first, I wondered if maybe I had the wrong version, but I pulled out the included instruction manual which read "NOTE: Add-On Content is only packed into the Platinum version of Mafia II" and "All of the add on packs are contained within the Blu-ray game disk. You will see the available add on content in the menu screen." which tells me that the DLC is definitely supposed to be already included on the disc, and yet I still cannot find any of it.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who could help me locate the DLC, or at least clarify what has been misunderstood (if anything) :) 

Below you will find a photo of the game case, referenced manual section and disc respectively; please do let me know if any of you can identify any problems within these photos that could help me solve this: 

Mafia II (2010) Platinum version case:

ZFA7dtO.png

Referenced section of the included game manual:

Il9h3B0.png

Game disc:

RU61QkC.png

Edited by Sir-Syzygy
  • Like 1

there should of been a code slip for the DLC i think. Xbox had a separate disc for the DLC. if it's not on the disc something is off ><.

edit: try fiddling around on the main menu.

Edited by lordguwa

9 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

there should be a add-on disc within your case? any chance this was used. i wish i could help further but i need my sleep for today.

There was only the one disc in the case. Anyway, the case only has room for one disc to be held, so I don't believe it would even be possible for a second disc to be within the case. Based on the research I did prior to my purchase, I believe only the Xbox version required a second disc, while the Ps3 version had it all on the one disc (supposedly).

Edited by Sir-Syzygy
  • Like 1

Does the disc BLES code matched the case's BLES code? 

The disc in your picture looks like the regular version, your seller must've swapped them. 

I have The Greatest Hits version and disc is "stamped" with "Greatest Hits" logo. 

KLsoVVp.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mekktor said:

That looks like the disc for the regular game. I'm guessing you bought it preowned and the discs were swapped out at some point.

@mekktor Definitely seems that way. I'll probably return the game tomorrow, as I already own the base game. Hopefully, I can find a platinum/greatest hits version of the game elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, pokwey said:

Does the disc BLES code matched the case's BLES code? 

The disc in your picture looks like the regular version, your seller must've swapped them. 

I have The Greatest Hits version and disc is "stamped" with "Greatest Hits" logo. 

KLsoVVp.jpg

@pokwey I appreciate your confirmation of the fact the disc is meant to look different. I tried to establish whether the disc was meant to look different or not prior to my purchase, during my research, but I couldn't find any photographs online. You've been very helpful, thank you. 

Edited by Sir-Syzygy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir-Syzygy said:

I appreciate your confirmation of the fact the disc is meant to look different. I tried to establish whether the disc was meant to look different or not prior to my purchase, during my research, but I couldn't find any photographs online. You've been very helpful, thank you. 

In general if there is new content on the disc then it would require the discs to be freshed printed so they would usually say something about it on the disc. I think I've come across just one game where the disc wasn't changed. Also, being the platinum version you would expect that to be on the disc as well.

When I did these DLCs, I just found a copy at my local EB games, asked them to check that the disc matched (because both versions are the same game in their system), and then returned the game within 2 weeks for the full refund. Easy as that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...