• 2h Sword
    • 2h Hammer
    • 2h Trident
    • Sword/Shield
    • Spear/Shield
    • Bare-Handed

564599585_1363789715.jpg

Now in Japan and Europe officially!! 

The servers are a bit bad stiil. When playing sometimes it will kick you out of a battle or freeze up after it finished but before you are back at the city screen, so when you reload it the people are not happy and say they will demand blood if it continues to happen, even if you didn't purposely disconnect, after this happens 3 times, whichever gladiator you were using will be deleted cause of the people demanded blood! This isn't to much of a problem offline vs the cpu but its a problem online vs other players. So fight online at your own risk now. Cause even if you fight online its very laggy! ( not as bad anymore )

Alright now for some other information!

Legendary Gladiators, cost up to 12 gold depending on which one it is, If they die in battle they cannot be resurrected! they must be re-bought.. so remember this when and if you decide to get one. they are very tempting tho with 275-325 (post update 215-325) ratings and 5 preset very nice perks as well. there weapons and armor cannot be changed and you cannot give them any Boosts. use with caution!

Styles of play:

Sword/Shield

(Associated Legendary: Oenomaus, Health 89, Defense 93, Damage% 198, Rating 283) 7 Gold

( New Stats,  Health 76, Defense 78, Damage& 173, Rating 215)

(Perks: Beneath your feet, Hurried Butcher, Resurrection, Jupiter's Might, Balanced Mind)

Spear/Shield

(Associated Legendary: Masonius,, Health 120, Defense 119, Damage% 156, Rating 296) 10 Gold

( New Stats, Health 112, Defense 111, Damage% 141, Rating 257)

2h Sword

(Associated Legendary: Crixus,Health 105, Defense 101, Damage% 181, Rating 323) 11 Gold

(Perks: Ignore pain, Hurried Butcher, Resurrection, Impatient, Roar of the Crowd)

2h Hammer

(Associated Legendary: Ixion, Heath 87, Defense 81, Damage% 191, Rating 296) 9 Gold

( New Stats, Health 83, Defense 78, Damage% 181, Rating 275)

(Perks: Ignore Pain, Swift Sandals, Resurrection, Unfazed, Gladiator's Panacea)

Duel Knives

(Associated Legendary: Acolytus, Heath 118, Defense 90, Damage% 181, Rating 275) 8 Gold

( News Stats, Heath 108, Defense 80, Damage% 160, Rating 225)

Duel Swords

(Associated Legendary: Spartacus, Health 105, Defense 84, Damage%171, Rating 325) 12 Gold

2h Trident

Bare-Handed(un-equip any classes weapon)

Limited time only perks:

Shroud of the Fallen I - +5 Health, +5 Defense, +5% Damage, +20RTG

Shroud of the Fallen II - +10 Health, +10 Defense, +10% Damage, +30RTG

Shroud of the Fallen III - +15 Health, +15 Defense, +15% Damage

Perks: (Stats and Bonuses Stack)

Agile Sentinel - Fully regain your Defense after a successful dodge. 

Amateur's Affliction - Regenerate .5% health per second when opponent has earned little crowd favor. 

Apollo's Blessing - Regenerate .25% health every second. 

Armor of the Crowd - Become invulnerable for 8 seconds when you earn high favor with the crowd. Can only be used once per fight. 

Balanced Mind - +10% damage to Defense when Health is high. 

Beneath Your Feet - You will get up quickly after being knocked to the ground by a strike. 

Bite of Cerberus - Critical Hits will cause the opponent to bleed 5% health over 5 seconds.

Blade Hunter - Gain +15% Damage, +5% Move Speed, +7% Damage Reduction, and +10% Defense Recovery when facing sword wielding foes. 
Works 3 classes: 2h Sword, Sword/Shield, Duel Sword

Callous - Gain +15% Damage Resistance when your opponent's Health is low. 

Coward's burden - Increase critical hit dmg and critical hit chance by 30% when your opponent has little favor. 

Crowd's Embrace - Block all grab attempts when you earn high favor with the crowd. 

Curse of Janus - Throwing your opponent will cause crowd favor to shift in your favor. 

Defense of the Crowd - Defense will become unlimited for 12 seconds when you earn high favor with the crowd. Can only be used once per fight. 

Devourer - Dodging your opponent will cause crowd favor to shift in your favor. 

Doctore's Focus - Critical Hit Chance +15%. Critical Hit Damage +30%. 

Dog's Fortune - Gain +40% Critical Hit chance, +40% Critical Hit damage when Defense is low. 

Dull Edge - Gain +10% Damage, +5% Move Speed, +7% Damage Reduction, and +10% Defense Recovery when facing Sword and Dagger wielding foes. 
Works vs 4 classes: 2h Sword, Sword/Shield, Duel Swords, Duel Knives

Enraged - When your defense is broken, gain +25% Damage for 8 seconds. 

Fearless Fists - Your gladiator's stats will be increased when fighting unarmed. 

Forced Entry - Gain +10% Damage for 4 seconds after a successful parry. 

Fortification - Defense will regenerate 20% faster. 

Fortune of the Crowd - Gain +30% Critical Hit chance and +30% Critical Hit damage when you earn high favor with the crowd. 

Frenzy of the Crowd - Gain +10% Damage, +2% Attack Speed, and +5% Move Speed when you earn high favor with the crowd. 

Fury - Gain +20% Damage and +4% Attack Speed when Health is low. 

Gambler's Profit - Regenerate 4% health after a successful parry. 

Gladiator's Panacea - 15% of damage dealt will be returned as health. 

Good Fortune - Your gladiator's chance of being struck by a Critical Hit is reduced by 50%. 

Hammer Killer - Gain +15% Damage, +5% Move Speed, +7% Damage Reduction, and +10% Defense Recovery when facing Hammer wielding foes. 

Hardened Flesh - Resist damage by 5%. 

Headstrong - Resist damage to health by 25% when health is low.

Heart of Canna - +10 health. 

Human Fortress - Fully regain your Defense after a successful parry. 

Hurried Butcher - +4% attack speed. 

Ignore Pain - When your Gladiator is struck, you will have a 15% chance to knockback your opponent. 

Impatient - Recover 25% faster after blocking an attack. 

Jupiter's Luck - The wrath of the Gods knows no end.
+40 RTG, Boost to overall stats in otherwords.

Jupiter's Might - +10% Damage.

Keen Eye - +10% damage when opponent's Defense is low. 

Life on the Edge - Regenerate .75% health per second while defense is low. 

Merciless - Defense will become unlimited when your opponent's health is low. 

Merits of Pride - +10% damage when Health is high. 

Neptune's Assassin - Gain +15% Damage, +5% Move Speed, +7% Damage Reduction, and +10% Defense Recovery when facing Spear wielding foes. 
Works vs 2 classes: 2h Trident, Spear/Shield

No Missio - Recover quickly after being knocked to the ground. 

Pandora's Box - Parrying your opponent will cause crowd favor to shift in your favor.

Pluto's Protection - When health is low, you will become invulnerable for 7 seconds. Activates only once per fight. 

Protection of the Crowd - Gain +15% damage resistance and +10% defense recovery when you earn high favor with the crowd. 

Rabid Dog - Gain +50% Critical Hit chance and +50% Critical Hit damage when Health is low. 

Resurrection - Gain more health from your second wind. 

Roar of the Crowd - Regenerate .5% health every second when Crowd Favor is full. 

Shield Breaker - Gain +15% Damage, +5% Move Speed, +7% Damage Reduction, and +10% Defense Recovery when facing Shield wielding foes. 
Works vs 2 classes: Sword/Shield, Spear/Shield

Showboat - Gain an extra +20% crowd favor for successful strikes. 

Slave's Confidence - Defense will become unlimited when Health is high. 

Slave's Punishment - +10% damage when your opponent has earned little crowd favor.

Slimy Maggot - Temporarily block all Grab attempts when health is low. 

Slippery Grasp - Blocks all Grab attempts for 8 seconds when your defense is broken. 

Swift and Hearty - Regenerate 2% Health after a successful dodge. 

Swift Sandals - +5% Movement Speed. 

Thick Skull - +10 Defense.

Torturer - Regenerate .5% health per second when your opponent's health is low. 

Toughened - When Health is low, Defense becomes unlimited for 10 seconds. Activates only once per fight. 

Tragic Blessing - Regenerate 8% health after your defense is broken. 

Unfazed - Recover 25% faster after being hit by an attack.

Unshakable - Block all Grab attempts for 5 seconds after being Parried.

Violent Retort - Gain +15% Damage for 5 seconds after a successful dodge. 

Warrior's Insurance - Gain +25% damage resistance for 4 seconds when your defense is broken. 

Wily Beast - Block all Grab attempts for 5 seconds after being Dodged. 

Wrath of the Brute - Gain +10% damage, +2% attack speed and +5% move speed when defense is low. 

My Personal Gladiator setup for my main 2:

Thracius, over 1400 Fights: 2h Sword: Jupiter's Luck, Jupiter's Might, Shroud of the Fallen I, Shroud of the Fallen II, Ignore Pain.

Benno, over 600 fights: 2h Trident: Jupiter's Luck, Jupiter's Might, Frenzy of the Crowd, Doctore's Focus, Bite of Cerberus.

Try this...

Godlike Bane of Sword/Shield: Dull Edge, Blade Hunter, Shield Breaker, Frenzy of the Crowd, Fortune of the Crowd (5th perk for gold gladiators) 

Think about this.. Gain +50% Damage, +20% Move Speed, +21% Damage Reduction, +30% Defense Recovery, +30% Critical Hit chance, +30% Critical Hit damage, and +2% Attack Speed when facing Sword/Shield and Crowd Favor is High!!

I've done everything, Rank 50 now! woohoo! it only took like 250-300hrs! lol

Hope ya all like what i have done and worked hard on here! I try to keep up with the official page as well for anything new. plus help ppl there that might appreciate it. heh

Edited by DrakenSilverwing
  • Like 1

I unfortunately ran into that glitch that prohibits you from recruiting gladiators so I wasn't able to complete everything in the first district. The game actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be and I did have some fun with it, but honestly I have no interest in the series it is based on and downloaded it solely for the trophies. But after running into that glitch I stopped playing and deleted it from my ps3, I managed to get two trophies from it, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I unfortunately ran into that glitch that prohibits you from recruiting gladiators so I wasn't able to complete everything in the first district. The game actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be and I did have some fun with it, but honestly I have no interest in the series it is based on and downloaded it solely for the trophies. But after running into that glitch I stopped playing and deleted it from my ps3, I managed to get two trophies from it, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

i don't care for the series either, but like i said up there, just re-download the game, the bug is fixed for that issue and if ya like fighters at all its kinda fun. plus a few more easy trophies for ya either way. ya needed to delete it from the system anyways to fix the bug. 

not my type of fighter -_-

can't defeat the mentor -_-

my stats are better/higher than his but he still manages to get me 

i start out winning and then he goes all berserker on me -_-

so far used standard sword and shield which goes into a stale mate 

tried dual swords - he kicked my ass 

only one to deal the most damage was my dual daggers - went berserk on him but still lost -__-

also just hit lvl 6

not my type of fighter -_-

can't defeat the mentor -_-

my stats are better/higher than his but he still manages to get me 

i start out winning and then he goes all berserker on me -_-

so far used standard sword and shield which goes into a stale mate 

tried dual swords - he kicked my ass 

only one to deal the most damage was my dual daggers - went berserk on him but still lost -__-

also just hit lvl 6

just get yerself some better equipment if your having problems. some of it is about timing, but knives will usually win in the end. or just keep em at bay with a trident and its low  :triangle:  attack, . also forward  :triangle:  :triangle:  :triangle:  for knives work wonders on many gladiators. otherwise its practice.. good luck!

are there very hard or time-consuming trophies?

ok time consuming one is just the one gold to reach rank 50..

Hard one.. i'd say the one to beat all the districts.. cause beating Spartacus was a pain in the butt ( took 2hrs or so just on him ) and he killed off 7 of my gladiators before i managed to get him.  basically my whole  group and then some.. i was totally outclassed tho the entire time. his speed and power is crazy! if your not careful you can and will die in seconds vs some of the legendaries and even the high ranking fights too.

Edited by DrakenSilverwing

I really love the series so I'm interested in this game but I'm still wanting to hear from people how long it takes for 100% and how fun the game actually is.

TBH it looks weak from the videos and screenshots. Is this even a fighting game or is more of a fighter RPG where you try to get lucky and rank up and the fights are basically button mashing?

When I saw they sell 3000 coins for $150 it was a big red flag for me that this game must take forever. That's a lot of cabbage to shell out for a F2P game. Hello Ubisoft, we are console gamers, give us some credit - Having said that some people probably actually bought it...

i like it alot, you need to realy like fighters tho and arena fighting, but the rank 50 trophy will take you a long time! it is a fighter, but it does have rpg elements, and if you go in mashing buttons, you will die shortly after the early fights, its actually pretty in depth f or a fighter. good use of blocking, dodging, throws, and perk uses are needed for later fights. i didn't buy any coins, but i can see how it would help alot, when you rank up you get a few free so yeah.. heh

I really love the series so I'm interested in this game but I'm still wanting to hear from people how long it takes for 100% and how fun the game actually is.

TBH it looks weak from the videos and screenshots. Is this even a fighting game or is more of a fighter RPG where you try to get lucky and rank up and the fights are basically button mashing?

When I saw they sell 3000 coins for $150 it was a big red flag for me that this game must take forever. That's a lot of cabbage to shell out for a F2P game. Hello Ubisoft, we are console gamers, give us some credit - Having said that some people probably actually bought it...

The game takes 30-50 hours.

are there very hard or time-consuming trophies?

Time consuming is reach rank 50, this takes 30-50 hours to 100%.

Is this only released in the states right now? does that explain why not many ppl have this f2p fighter and all? or is it just still so buggy and or something? prolly not many ppl like, idk. but i'll still update this for a lil while.. see how long it takes for real to get to rank 50, since i'm sure noone has yet.. but i'm taking a break from the game for the weekend cause the FFXIV: ARR Beta is up and all. heh

Is this only released in the states right now? does that explain why not many ppl have this f2p fighter and all? or is it just still so buggy and or something? prolly not many ppl like, idk. but i'll still update this for a lil while..

The low res screenshots posted with it on the PSN store probably aren't doing it many favors.

I give up on this game

still can't beat him

also there are too many spammers online ^_^

Well that sux.. i was hoping my tips could help, who did you get stuck on? also, yeah spammers online in every fighter alot of the times, at least this one ya can really screw with em by knowing and then either a parry, or dodge, trip em up and hit em while they are down and frantic. idk, different tactics, either way i use a Trident, great range and speed for what i need.

Well that sux.. i was hoping my tips could help, who did you get stuck on? also, yeah spammers online in every fighter alot of the times, at least this one ya can really screw with em by knowing and then either a parry, or dodge, trip em up and hit em while they are down and frantic. idk, different tactics, either way i use a Trident, great range and speed for what i need.

still stuck on the say guy -_-

I didn't like it

Well I took the plunge and tried the game. It's fun but doesn't have much depth and gets pretty repetitive. I finished everything but the gold trophy and don't think I'll end up getting that one anytime soon. Based on how long it takes to level up once you hit level 15 I would say this is easily 75-100 hours for 100%, but it's still impossible to say and for all I know could be 200+ hours. Pretty unfortunate as the rest of the game minus that trophy is quite enjoyable.

Seems like the only way to reduce the grind would be shell out a crap load of money for gold and buy the boost that doubles your fame for 5 matches. Theoretically if you had infinite gold that would cut your grind in half, but that boost costs 20 gold, the gold is expensive to buy so there's no way I'm gonna bother with that. You can get 750 fame points for an online win the arena, 50% more than offline, but the time waiting for matchmaking plus the fact that for me the game would often glitch after doing an online fight and not be able to start another one until I quite the game and reloaded it. Basically it probably wouldn't save any time going this route, even if you won every match which is pretty optimistic.

The matchmaking is kind of silly in that it doesn't seem to try to balance at all, and there's no restrictions on what fighters can enter which arenas. If you look at the top guy on the leaderboards he did all his fights in the starting arena, so basically the game has no problems putting  a level 1 lanista against a level 25 one...Regardless what arena you enter you have no idea what you will be in for which is sure to turn people off. Nothing says "hey why don't you just ragequit this game?" like having to fight online people with 200 more rating than you.

The executions are pretty poor and don't do the show justice, but in the same token they are fairly fast which I guess is a blessing when you will be seeing them hundreds or thousands of times if you go for the gold.

One terribly oversight (although likely intentional) is that you can't convert silver into gold. I'm only level 16 but it seems like once you get around this level even the new weapons and armor all cost gold to buy. If you don't have enough silver to buy something you can buy it with gold, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, a trillion silver won't ever be able to buy something that cost a single gold. Since everything seems to cost gold past level 15 if you go for 100% you will end up likely with several million silver that isn't worth it's weight in piss. Maybe when you gain more levels some of the weapons from a few levels back convert from gold prices to silver as seems to happen with the gladiators. Could be.

The game had a lot of potential to be a really great game had they put some love into it and made it a P2P game instead of F2P. But oh well, can't complain about free I guess...

Oh one other thing I'd point out after playing through the main game, it's probably not worth it to recruit legendary gladiators. Maybe one or two at most in the early stages but the thing with those guys is once you get to the arena it seems like the difficulty keeps scaling up, and scales up a lot more whenever you choose to use a legendary gladiator. Whenever I would put the dual daggers guy with rating 275 into a fight I would have to face someone with a rating of 450+...kind of defeats the purpose and you have no control over their perks or equipment which means you can't ever improve them.

So yea having one in the early game is ok as they can take out some tuffer enemies for you if you don't have the patience to grind your way up but keep in mind if they are executed you can't revive them like the other ones which makes it a risky proposition when you have to sink 8+ gold into recruiting them . I found hiring the purple gladiators a lot better since you can load them up with the best perks available and the fact that they have lower rating is either irrelevant or even in your favor since, like I said, the game will throw weaker opponents at you.

Well I took the plunge and tried the game. It's fun but doesn't have much depth and gets pretty repetitive. I finished everything but the gold trophy and don't think I'll end up getting that one anytime soon. Based on how long it takes to level up once you hit level 15 I would say this is easily 75-100 hours for 100%.

One terribly oversight (although likely intentional) is that you can't convert silver into gold. I'm only level 16 but it seems like once you get around this level even the new weapons and armor all cost gold to buy. If you don't have enough silver to buy something you can buy it with gold, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, a trillion silver won't ever be able to buy something that cost a single gold. Since everything seems to cost gold past level 15 if you go for 100% you will end up likely with several million silver that isn't worth it's weight in piss. Maybe when you gain more levels some of the weapons from a few levels back convert from gold prices to silver as seems to happen with the gladiators. Could be.

I agree with alot you said, but hey, its pretty good for being free thats for sure, and yes from my exp so far and being rank 26, its starting to take forever to rank up, so yeah, prolly more like over 100 hours to rank 50. 

also there is a small point it seems like round rank 16-18 that the weapons and armor use gold, but then it goes back to using silver till bout rank 26 for some things till rank 28ish, then back to silver again. so thats not really an issue if ya can handle the weaker stuff for awhile. also theres a higher level regualer gladiators that end up using 13 gold to get, and they are gold names with 5 perks! when you unlock those the purple 8 gold ones start using silver to get. happens at rank 21. don't know yet if theres an even higher rank version of the gladiators tho yet. kinda hope not cause ive kinda used up near all my gold from level gains for a group of gold non legendary gladiators.

for example my main 3..

Usus, gold gladiator, 2h hammer, 83 health, 83 defense, 173 damage%, rating 304, 105 fights, 105 wins, 94 kills

Frenzy of the Crowd, Jupiter's Luck, Merits of pride,Neptune assassin, Fortune of the crowd

Benno, gold gladiator, 2h trident, 83 health, 81 defense, 172 damage%, rating 296, 75 fights, 75 wins, 70 kills

Frenzy of the Crowd, Doctore's Focus, Gladiator's Panacea, Merits of pride, Jupiter's Luck

Marcus, gold gladiator, spear/shield, 103 health, 133 defense, 141 Damage% rating 288, 17 fights, 17 wins, 10 kills

Thick Skull, Balanced Mind, Armor of the Crowd, Jupiter's Luck, Frenzy of the Crowd

Hey Draken, just wondering how did you contact Ubisoft about getting your gladiator back. I was playing online and won about 10 games in a row and having a lot of fun killing people with my uber gladiator and then one guy who I had previously crushed dropped when he saw my name and then another and I knew if it happened a third time I would be hosed but i was having too much fun to stop and sure enough...

I don't really care that much if I get him back but figured it's worth a shot and more than anything I just want to complain to Ubisoft for having such a horrible system. I tried to login to the support page for u play but apparently it's down right now. Maybe the took it down because they were getting flooded by people complaining about this game haha. I checked the facebook page for the game and the most common post topic is people complaining about this fact that you get penalized for other people dropping. That and the lag/freezing issues.