• Duel Swords
    • Duel Knives
    • 2h Sword
    • 2h Hammer
    • 2h Trident
    • Sword/Shield
    • Spear/Shield
    • Bare-Handed

Hey Draken, just wondering how did you contact Ubisoft about getting your gladiator back. I was playing online and won about 10 games in a row and having a lot of fun killing people with my uber gladiator and then one guy who I had previously crushed dropped when he saw my name and then another and I knew if it happened a third time I would be hosed but i was having too much fun to stop and sure enough...

I don't really care that much if I get him back but figured it's worth a shot and more than anything I just want to complain to Ubisoft for having such a horrible system. I tried to login to the support page for u play but apparently it's down right now. Maybe the took it down because they were getting flooded by people complaining about this game haha. I checked the facebook page for the game and the most common post topic is people complaining about this fact that you get penalized for other people dropping. That and the lag/freezing issues.

I went to ubi.com and posted on there forums in the known bugs topic, i was one of the first ppl to do so. it was my legendary, and they gave it back, but i'm not sure they would if it was a non-legend one tho. also now theres alot of ppl saying the same problem, i'm sure they are working on it, cause the disconnects offline and non-rage quitters are less. but untill they give a main update for the online i'm not risking my gladiators, i'll fight offline vs 400+ rta for fun instead. my main now has 304rta and the highest i fought so far is 491.. now.. thats starting to get really hard, he had 242% damage!

Edited by DrakenSilverwing

Ah it was a Legendary. Well that's ok like I said I got over losing my studly guy in about five mins. I just want to complain officially about this system so hopefully they will change it. It's pretty silly to considering they are taking money from people for the dlcs. If someone bought gold then used that gold to recruit a gladiator and then go to fight online and have the gladiator get deleted due simply to other players quitting and game freezing, is pretty unacceptable. I actually really appreciate what they tried to do with the system however it seems that it has two major flaws. The first, as mentioned, is that it penalizes both players. The second is that, from what I'm read online, not finishing a match in this way will prevent a loss from going on your record. As we all know, the main reason that people pull from matches is to protect their win ratios, so simply putting a loss against the players who do that probably goes further to prevent pulling then this 3 strikes your dead system.

And I guess we know now why I couldn't log into Uplay support last night. They were too busy getting hacked.

I just want to say bout how long this is taking me... i'm rank 30 now.. using pretty much my main 3 gladiators for all the hard stuff, only fighting in the hardest arena for best fame ( Spectacula ) now the last time i said i was at rank 26 my main 3 had 105, 75, and 17 wins, now those same 3 have 174, 231, 36 and i have only gained 4 levels... with aprx 2min per fight ( loading and all ) thats bout 9hrs for 4 ranks.. that is if you don't do anything but win and fight at that place, i have done and upped a couple others just for a challage, so i'll add another 2hrs. at this rate it will take another 50hrs of straight fighting from rank 30.. and its already been an easy 50hrs+ and its taking longer with each passing level.. so my guess is that its going to take bout 120-160hrs to do everything in this game.. with straight fighting and winning at the hardest place.. keep in mind. i'm beating down gladiators with a max 512RTA already and my best non-legendary only has 313rta... so its getting harder with every level as well.. this here is my update for now... if it starts to take even longer then i'll say something... 

also.. from bout rank 30-35 all weapons and armor cept for helms cost gold.. and i mean like 30-55 each after you are the qualified rank... looks like its temporary tho cause some things go back to silver at 35.. so for the next few ranks my growth is kinda stunted.. oh well. 

Edited by DrakenSilverwing

Yea it's looking more and more like what I said about 200+ hours isn't that off. Pretty obscene amount of time for a gold trophy with no platinum haha. Funny thing is tho I'm level 29 now and still not bored of the game. Simple and repetitive as it is it's kid of addicting and the fact you always have new gear to look at when you level up and hunting for perks to make badasses is pretty fun. I"ll probably get bored before level 50 but I think I'll just take a break and come back to it.

Last night I fought someone online who was level 39. Highest I've seen so far.

Also FYI somone on the facebook page said that when you hit level 31 the golden gladiators hiring cost converts to silver and that you can aquire red gladiators that can have 6 perks.

Well thats all good to know.. but now with the FFXIV beta back on i wont be making much progress and all now. same thing happened last weekend, lol, so i'm behind a few ppl. oh well. and i figured something like the red gladiators even tho i didn't know, i had a feeling there was something better then the gold ones.

Quick update, the gold legendaries don't appear to cost silver, I'm level 34 now and they still are 11 gold and I talked to a guy that's level 44 and he said they still cost gold and that he hasn't seen any red gladiators so I think that guy was talking trash.

If you want to fight your gladiators online, I recommend never spending gold on them, don't pay gold to hire gladiators, don't pay to change perks, and don't pay gold for extra slots. It doesn't matter how awesome you or your gladiator is, if you fight him online you will lose him sooner than later thanks to the silly implementation of the three strike rule.

Better to save all your gold to boost fame towards the end.

Another note on this rule is that if you are queueing to fight online you should NOT enter single player fights while you wait. Although you don't get warnings for being pulled from those matches when it finds an online match, it will go up to two strikes against whoever you were using against the ai which means you will lose that fighter the first time they get a real strike.

i'm bout to rank 35.. but its taking longer and longer with every rank up.. lol. plus last weekend i played the beta for ffxiv, and then in a few days i'll be doing the same.. so... i fell behind trying to do everything asap. just cause of that. oh well. 

Good job Zorry, sadly till you beat all the areas your goin to really have to use other styles too.. my fav are the 2h weapons. and my tank of a spear/shield user with 117hp and 137def, lol

They released a patch today. They didn't fix my main issue, which is getting penalized when others quit/drop. Nor did they add play against friends. But you know...they added shadows, lol. I haven't tried it but the patch does promise some smoother play so hopefully it delivers on that. They also promised more patches in the future, so I guess there's still hope.

http://spartacuslegends.com/2013/07/playstation-3-patch-1/

I'm level 36 now. I also cleared all the primus fighters for the second time. Beating Ixion with dual daggers is no joke. After that you are rewarded with...a third round of primus fights, even more difficult. Don't think I can be bothered with them again. It would be nice if they gave you some kind of reward for clearing it out, like 20 gold or something, but unless there is something after beating it x times it seems like it's only worth it if you're into the challenge, waste of time if you just want your fame trophy.

Edited by lporiginalg

i have a problem, i installed the new patch today got the start menu pressed start, it connected to the servers, and it was installing game data and after that it said that the service is not available, try again later. i read that its a bug that hurts only non US accounts, but i think thats false because i have a US account and its not working. help please?

I tried this yesterday (in my US account), and it seams ok, but then I tried to play this in a EU account (1 of my subs) and wasn't able to connect to the server, this problem probably will persist until they release it in EU (and if there's a patch coming to address this, then that's probably why it wasn't released in EU and hopefully it will be released tomorrow)..

As a side question, the lvl50 is done by playing online or offline (didn't spent much time with this, so I'm kind of lost, and not sure how much of a headache it would be to get 100% in this) and to what degree do we need to spend money on this? I also noticed some Uplay equipment that seamed really good, and I do have Uplay points on my main account from other games, is it worth spending the points to get those equipments?

the uplay rewards are great for early game and all. i got em and all, it helped then, till like rank 15 even or so. Rank 50 will take you close to 200hrs and can be done without fighting ppl online. its just a very long grind and noone has got it yet even, some ppl are getting really close tho... at bout rank 30+ its taking 3+ hrs to rank up. or longer if yer not strictly focused on it. heh.

Servers are down accross the board, it's not an EU issue.

I read something interesting on Facebook today but didn't get a chance to test it yet. A guy posted that if you get two strikes against your gladiator from people quitting on you, you can buy a white ranked dude, start a single player match, quit the match, and the newb gladiator will be deleted and your strike count will reset to zero so you can keep your studly guy. I will test this and confirm as soon as I get a chance but if it's true it's great news for me as I love playing online and lose all my guys from people quitting on me.

do i need to fight in the online arenas to get the trophy?? o.O

the uplay rewards are great for early game and all. i got em and all, it helped then, till like rank 15 even or so. Rank 50 will take you close to 200hrs and can be done without fighting ppl online. its just a very long grind and noone has got it yet even, some ppl are getting really close tho... at bout rank 30+ its taking 3+ hrs to rank up. or longer if yer not strictly focused on it. heh.

Servers are down accross the board, it's not an EU issue.

I read something interesting on Facebook today but didn't get a chance to test it yet. A guy posted that if you get two strikes against your gladiator from people quitting on you, you can buy a white ranked dude, start a single player match, quit the match, and the newb gladiator will be deleted and your strike count will reset to zero so you can keep your studly guy. I will test this and confirm as soon as I get a chance but if it's true it's great news for me as I love playing online and lose all my guys from people quitting on me.

Yes that will work, heh i did that long ago to save a couple of my gladiators, now tho, i'm just careful now and/or dont really fight online cause everyone just quits on me anyways it seems like. lol

Sweeet. I don't think I could ever get level 50 without the online, grinding those same AI's ad nauseum is too boring and people are only quitting on me about 1 in 10 matches, it's annoying but I can live with it.

Also sometimes I play super cheap and just spam headbuts or something like that and I get all kinds of hatemail and then I reply to it with messages like "You stand absent honor and victory" or "Continue your training" which amuses me.

Sweeet. I don't think I could ever get level 50 without the online, grinding those same AI's ad nauseum is too boring and people are only quitting on me about 1 in 10 matches, it's annoying but I can live with it.

Also sometimes I play super cheap and just spam headbuts or something like that and I get all kinds of hatemail and then I reply to it with messages like "You stand absent honor and victory" or "Continue your training" which amuses me.

lol, yeah i know what ya mean and all. but its not to bad. also then i have a question, whats yer current rank and yer most used style and all?

I'm level 36 I like to switch up my styles frequently, whenever a gladiator is lost I make a point to do something different, although I'll admit I don't care much for either of the shield styles or double daggers. All the rest are pretty good, for online I feel like unarmed is by far the best but I only use it if I happen to pick up a Fearless Fists perk.

At my current level once I load up a purple dude with 4 perks there RTG is right around 300 (assuming Jupiter's Luck is not one of them and they have a weapon equipped)

I cleared all the primus fights for the second time. Killing Ixion with double daggers was by far the most challenging part for me, took about 5 attempts with one guy dying along the way. Crixus and Baal took two tries each and I think Spartacus took about 3 tries since I hadn't used sword/shield much up to that point. So if you're wondering if there's any kind of reward, there is...a third round of harder fights lol. I can't be bothered to go through it again since it's really hard fights for less fame.

Good to know, but now I'm not sure if I want to start this when it's released in EU... 200 hours is to much time to sunk in this...

• Like 1

Hey Han, if they continue to do the Double Fame Weekends it wont take as long, also you can always get it and then take yer time. its a fun game reguardless. at least 11 of the trophies are quick tho. heh

My problem is that I easily go OCD about a completion in a game at some point (WKC should be a nice example of that...), and end up spending more time then I want to get a stupid trophy... and I'm sure this would happen with this game, I still hate the fact that I can't finish Kick-Ass on hard.. that's 1 of the games I don't have 100% that makes me more mad..

Still I probably will play this when I can.. so far I'm only able to log in with my US account, so not worth playing for now.. just wonder if this will be released in EU on the same day as Counter Strike: Global Offensive (not that I care for CS, since I don't like shooters, but it's still a big joke, and this one starts to feel that it's going the same road).