Cel-Shaded FPS XIII Announced for PS4 Nov 13th

SteelFreaxx

When you misread the thread title as "Cel-Shaded FF XIII". It'll take a lot more than a cel-shade filter to inject any joy or personality into that dire mess ?

I remember this game from game magazines way back when. Seems like a neat concept, I might give it a look if the price is right.

• Like 1

This was one of my favourite Belgian comics along with Thorgal and Largo Winch back when I was a kid. I was actually thinking about this game last week, as in how awesome it would be if they brought it to PS4. However I thought the game probably wasn't popular enough to warrant it but I guess I was wrong. Now I don't have to hook up my Gamecube anymore to play it again, I'll just patiently wait. I already know how the story ends so a sequel isn't really that necesarry for me personally but it would be nice.

On 4/18/2019 at 0:31 PM, SnowxSakura said:

As much as I love this game, I hate that it ended on a cliffhanger and never got a sequel

OMG exactly this. Hopefully they'll keep the same voice actors- David Duchovny really killed it as XIII. I had it on the original Xbox, then gladly bought it again for the PC when it was on GOG. I can go for this a 3rd time.

May this do well enough to get a sequel. PlayMagic says that they will modernise the game mechanics a bit. If they're adding regenerating health, that should be optional.

Edited by gameoverDude189

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

never heard of this until now but hearing that it's cell shaded has sold me on it straight away 

Really enjoyed it back on PS2 and was disappointed it never got a sequel!

Chuffed when this was announced last year and pleased its in motion now.

Was fast paced and fun from memory with a really cool comic book series of screens when you killed enemies etc. The Cel shading makes it tbh.

• Like 1

I completely forgot about this series! Trophy list looks like it could be a pretty good challenge. It really makes me think of Borderlands, but def waaaaaaaaaaay before Borderlands was even a thing! I might have to pick this up for nostalgic sake, at the very least.