A full ratalaika trophy list!

knoef_NL

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Yes, this is what I thought after someone linked me the website yesterday. It all looked like ports. In other words, none of these are actually "rat games". I remember I even saw that Lost Sea game, though only Nintendo port, but I know who actually made that game is the same company that did Rainbow Moon/Skies. I wonder if they are contracted or ask the devs to port the game.

They make it sound like Devs contact them but I'm sure it goes both ways a bit. But yea, Lost Sea was already on the PS and went through Limited Run Games for the physical. That's why I hate to see the games get shit because some of them are really good, the stacking is the real problem.

Everything I read about these ports from this dev is about the fast plat times and multiple stacks, but very little about the actual games themselves. They're basically just selling trophies and disguising it as porting games.

I've bought and played a few of the games at the beginning, but seeing how they blatantly exploit trophy addiction for profit I won't support them with my wallet anymore.

• Like 4

Oh call a wahmbulance for all the ratalaika games haters on here. You don't like the way they do business then don't buy their games, SIMPLE! If their products had no value in the marketplace then they would cease to exist...so until they do, the criticism just sound like useless whining.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

Everything I read about these ports from this dev is about the fast plat times and multiple stacks, but very little about the actual games themselves. They're basically just selling trophies and disguising it as porting games.

I've bought and played a few of the games at the beginning, but seeing how they blatantly exploit trophy addiction for profit I won't support them with my wallet anymore.

Well, they port to multiple consoles, so it's obviously not about the trophies etc, and had they ported Lost Sea to PS4, that would have been an interesting game to make this claim about. It has 61 plat achievers. :P 

Edited by MMDE

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Well, they port to multiple consoles, so it's obviously not about the trophies etc, and had they ported Lost Sea to PS4, that would have been an interesting game to make this claim about. It has 61 plat achievers. :P 

That's all true but, at least as far as what I've seen here from the constant threads on this forum for these games, it's all about the trophies you can quickly amass with multiple stacks and not about how the games themselves play. At least if you don't count the "Is this game easy?" threads. That's about as close to mentioning anything about gameplay most of these games get. And that's from both sides of the fence.

It doesn't bother me if people play these games or not, if they want to chase UR plats or just want to pad their leaderboard stats with easy plats, or whatever they do with gaming that they enjoy. I'm just tired of seeing it everywhere on this site week after week.

Edited by Sofa King
  • Like 2

Anybody remember the author of those "goosebumps" books, R.L. Stine? That guy would consistently crank out a new book like every month. As a kid, I didn't care that they were quickly written, they were simple, entertaining, and scratched that itch I needed. My point is, not every book you read needs to be Tolstoy or Faulkner, and likewise, not every video game you play needs to be a AAA hundred hour adventure. 

Read what you want, play what you want.

Have fun, too--that's all that matters

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Again, no need for personal attacks, man. I'm just stating my opinion. But you don't have to attack me because you don't agree with it.

None of us are trying to give you personal attacks. You contribute nothing to the discussion. 

I can just as easily say “stop whining and bitching” on a number of threads including this one. But I don’t because I know better than to just outright come out and say you’re wasting your time. 

You have done this numerous times to my posts and you are doing it to @Undead Wolf, who’s made a lot of valid and good points. 

I’m not trying to startle you or anything, but I would appreciate it if you can add a bit more to the thread than just “stop whining”.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, falconkicks said:

Anybody remember the author of those "goosebumps" books, R.L. Stine? That guy would consistently crank out a new book like every month. As a kid, I didn't care that they were quickly written, they were simple, entertaining, and scratched that itch I needed. My point is, not every book you read needs to be Tolstoy or Faulkner, and likewise, not every video game you play needs to be a AAA hundred hour adventure. 

Read what you want, play what you want.

Have fun, too--that's all that matters

Bad comparison honestly. Most people aren't upset with the quality of a Ratalaika game, but more so the fact that you are not required to at least finish it. Also the fact that they release stacks for every reason which honestly have no reason to exist outside of trying to make a quick buck off trophy addicts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, merciful84 said:

Oh call a wahmbulance for all the ratalaika games haters on here. You don't like the way they do business then don't buy their games, SIMPLE! If their products had no value in the marketplace then they would cease to exist...so until they do, the criticism just sound like useless whining.  

A bit biased are you possibly?  It's not a question of whether people should be able to buy them or if they should be able to sell their games it's a question of whether or not such worthless dribble should be counted as gamer score and have platinum trophies or trophies at all.   To be honest it is a quite valid question and discussion to be having.   In the end I would be willing to bet if they didn't have a average 20 minute platinum time nobody would be buying them.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

Since my post was deleted because I made derogatory descriptions towards Ratalalika, I’m going to be a bit more concise. 

Those of you who have played their games and stacked them, I just want to know how you guys would feel if they actually make you complete them to their fullest. 

As people mentioned before, a number of these games aren’t new, it’s the publisher Ratalalika making very generic trophies. 

I get that these games could be fun, even though Jack n’ Jill DX blatantly rips off Super Mario Bros. 

I have always been of the opinion that more people should complete these games, but the way the trophy lists are right now, you only have to do a mere fraction of what the games themselves could of presented. 

If that were the case then none of these threads would exist. 

I just think it’s sad in a way that we immediately get trophy guides for these games as if anybody on here needs them in the first place. This is more about marketing than anything else. 

Sales would probably not be as good if the trophy lists tied to these games were say a little more difficult. 

Ratalalika depends on us to buy their games, because they certainly don’t have the power or means to reach a bigger audience who will probably cast these games off as too niche. 

After getting 5 minutes into their games I couldn't imagine having to complete them,  the gameplay is fucking aweful, glitchy and boring in pretty much every one of the games.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

None of us are trying to give you personal attacks. You contribute nothing to the discussion. 

I can just as easily say “stop whining and bitching” on a number of threads including this one. But I don’t because I know better than to just outright come out and say you’re wasting your time. 

You have done this numerous times to my posts and you are doing it to @Undead Wolf, who’s made a lot of valid and good points. 

I’m not trying to startle you or anything, but I would appreciate it if you can add a bit more to the thread than just “stop whining”.

Man, don't butt into into this discussion. Like I said on your status update regarding disputes, it's best to stay out of things that only mods and well reasonable people can do. Also, may I remind you of the "your trophy rank means nothing" thread you made? A lot of people were really upset with you when you made that. So don't try to stir up the hornet's nest, please?

46 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Man, don't butt into into this discussion. Like I said on your status update regarding disputes, it's best to stay out of things that only mods and well reasonable people can do. Also, may I remind you of the "your trophy rank means nothing" thread you made? A lot of people were really upset with you when you made that. So don't try to stir up the hornet's nest, please?

Oh so now I can't make an opinion even if it's one that most other people are against?

You don't contribute anything to the discussion and if anything you're just making accusations.

I've been here for over four years and I have a pretty good idea of the community here.

Cry some more please.

• Like 3

I buy n play some of these n dbl plat them if theyre cross buy but ive got a cpl other much harder plats too...i think its really up to each individual gamer..  play what u want, beat what u want n who gives a fuck...at least theyre not like sound shapes and auto pop cross buy...i mean ya still gotta do it all even if it does only take 5 minutes.... but i do understand peoples irritation over countless stacks...i mean why bother but in the end let it go and be proud of whatever you want...n hell i give props to anyone that can stomach "SMB" long enough to plat it...

10 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Very regrettable if that is the case.

If top 1000 rated was taken down from ps stores for the same reason then all the ratalaika games should be taken down as well.

15 hours ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Now how many did I trigger with this? A lot I'd hope so they can read the important stuff. I've been gaming a long time and it's always been my favourite pass time and I'll support it till I die. Trophy hunting is a extension of my love for gaming, pushing me to experience more of the game has to offer and to say you truly did everything. We all played the game first and then we worked on the trophies, because we cared about the quality of the game above anything. Over the years that has gone and that has really upset this old man, because that extension has turned into the reason why people buy a game. Don't say "this is a trophy site" as another excuse either because that such a simple answer to things. Theses developers are clearly abusing the trophy system to earn quick money and everyone doesn't see this as a problem and will be sheep and just keep buying crap. This is setting a example for maybe how other developers approach things, making less effort into games because as long as it has a Plat and it's cheap it will sell. How would anyone here feel if one day they made the next big game comes around you got the Plat in 5 mins? Would you just go "oh well next game" after spending full price for it? It would be such a waste. People who say "don't like it? Don't buy it." are living in ignorant bliss, being incredibly simple and can't see the bigger picture here on why people like me see this as a negative thing.

Thing is: There is a huge difference between people whose focus is playing a video game and people whose focus is to collect trophies. All the complaining about trophy lists, trophy rarity and easy stacks has nothing to do with playing games for the sake of playing games, it is about the collection aspect. I like to collect my trophies as probably most of us do, but that is and always will be an addendum.

Those are the two 'sides', not elitist vs. trophy whores. That is why these dicussions will stay fruitless. One side gets the trophies that are attached to games they choose because that are the games they want to play. The other side chooses the games because of what trophies are attached to it, be it a 'quickplat' or 'OMG only UR'. Of course, there are players who fall somewhere inbetween, but let's say for the sake of the argument they fall on either side of the argument (so either are live and live or emphasize the trophy aspects over the other). How can there be a middle ground if people emphasize aspects the other side does not care about?

The 'bigger picture' has absolutely no impact on the way how I play my games, and I think most people here overestimate the importance of easy trophies. The 'bigger picture' is that the majority of people who buy games are casual players who often don't even finish games - that has been back then when there were no trophies or achievements just as it is today. 26% of players finished the epilogue of RDR 2, which should have a representative sample size of customers. Alien: Isolation has 17,6% fo finishing the game on any difficulty. Nier: Automata is at 53% for the first playthrough, so half the people who have a PSN account didn't even play through the story once. Sure, Marvel's Sipderman has a high rate of players who have finished it, but in general, that seems to be an exception to the rule.

The impact on game developing in general is but neglectable. Will there be mimics who seek to get a foot in with cheap ports? Maybe, but they will still make very small segment of the market. There are far more important changes that threaten traditional gameplay, like attempts to abolish retail games or the colported 'death of the single player'. That are thiong that are going to change how - and if - I keep playing console games.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Thing is: There is a huge difference between people whose focus is playing a video game and people whose focus is to collect trophies. All the complaining about trophy lists, trophy rarity and easy stacks has nothing to do with playing games for the sake of playing games, it is about the collection aspect. I like to collect my trophies as probably most of us do, but that is and always will be an addendum.

Those are the two 'sides', not elitist vs. trophy whores. That is why these dicussions will stay fruitless. One side gets the trophies that are attached to games they choose because that are the games they want to play. The other side chooses the games because of what trophies are attached to it, be it a 'quickplat' or 'OMG only UR'. Of course, there are players who fall somewhere inbetween, but let's say for the sake of the argument they fall on either side of the argument (so either are live and live or emphasize the trophy aspects over the other). How can there be a middle ground if people emphasize aspects the other side does not care about?

The 'bigger picture' has absolutely no impact on the way how I play my games, and I think most people here overestimate the importance of easy trophies. The 'bigger picture' is that the majority of people who buy games are casual players who often don't even finish games - that has been back then when there were no trophies or achievements just as it is today. 26% of players finished the epilogue of RDR 2, which should have a representative sample size of customers. Alien: Isolation has 17,6% fo finishing the game on any difficulty. Nier: Automata is at 53% for the first playthrough, so half the people who have a PSN account didn't even play through the story once. Sure, Marvel's Sipderman has a high rate of players who have finished it, but in general, that seems to be an exception to the rule.

The impact on game developing in general is but neglectable. Will there be mimics who seek to get a foot in with cheap ports? Maybe, but they will still make very small segment of the market. There are far more important changes that threaten traditional gameplay, like attempts to abolish retail games or the colported 'death of the single player'. That are thiong that are going to change how - and if - I keep playing console games.

First of all; casual vs trophy whores? and then saying elitist = quickplatters? Now your totally missing the mark.

The casuals has nothing to do with this, since they would just say "let everyone play what they want hurduuurrr". The casual player is the middle position since they don't/ shouldn't care about any of this stuff. The elitists and trophy whores are the total opposites, with 1 wanting to achieve the most UR fashionable plats, taking months in preparation, so he can look proud to himself; and the other 1 been like; platplatplatplatplatplatplatplatplatlplatplat for the dopamine addiction and the fun of been at the top of the leaderboard.

Secondly I guess your idea of a bigger picture isn't comparing to the opposing idea of a ' bigger picture'

The majority of the people you are talking about probably never have even heared of Rat games. I can take a test with my casual friends to see if they have heared of Rat games, but I can ensure you they don't! Also Rat games don't advertise to these gamers due to this, why bother if you are fighting against an Activision right? So Rat games focusses itself on a more niche market (the trophy hunters).; Therefore if you compare a trophy hunter's % to a casual gamers %, there would be a big difference. but then again this point is one that follow's up nicely your ' not elitist vs trophy whores' statement.

An casual [trophy hunter] may or may not have heared about this company, but a casual trophyhunter ain't gonna buy a game so easily due to the fact that you don't have the finish the game for the plat...

The bigger picture opposers talks about would be people that wants to be competitive in their trophy hunting hobby, but can't without financial support to ratgames. And yes these people exist...

PO8im60.png

And do I care about them... No... but I'm just stating the obvious facts and why we shouldn't support this crap...

- And then we still have the ' promotion on this site' and the obvious 'lowering the standards argument'

+ Some more

I recon myself as crazily casual and the only elitist thing I have is the fun of platting games that has a server closure announcement.

Furthermore I don't care about what you enjoy or like, but I kinda care about the exploitation of said company and how it effects others.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Why would people be upset about his post about trophy rank meaning nothing.  If people can't see that for themselves they need to get help not get mad.  A person would have to be a idiot to think all the jack n jill stacks they got that ranked them up so high mean anything.  What a bunch of babies crying that they are offended by a post like that.  What are we suppose to tell them what a wonderful job they've did and praise them for their I am hero stack.  Hey great job on storm boy!  Come on man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Furthermore I don't care about what you enjoy or like, but I kinda care about the exploitation of said company and how it effects others.

That that sort of argument always goes vice versa. The next guy doesn't care what you think cheap Platinums will do to gaming, hence why I said that those kind of discussions are fruitless. People aren't interested in an argument, they are only shouting their set-in-stone agenda at each other.

So, pray tell: In relation to the post I responded to (the impact can they have on the future development of gaming, not trophy hunting), what is the problem if nobody except a tiny majority ever even heard of that company?