Skybound games announces The Walking Dead: The Telltale definitive series

The trailer for this was released some days ago on the Playstation YT channel, i would update the First post with it.

Anyway i'm surely gonna get this!

I only played the first one and not even on Ps4 just Ps3/Vita so this collection is perfect, gonna get the 2-3 i never played and Play again the First one with another Trophy list! 

35 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

... but everything is already available (remastered) on PS4. I am not sure this will be anything more than a bundled repack, i.e. I don’t think it will have a new trophy set. 

But this is so much more than that. Skybound Games have truly gone in and remastered it. The seasons before Season 4 have been outfitted with Season 4's graphic style. Lip syncing has been greatly improved. Character models can now be viewed and there are a ton of behind the scenes videos. I'd hardly call it a repack.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I doubt it. That doesn't include The Final Season, which this will.

Yeah, I doubt it too.  I remember now.  That was a digital release when Telltale was still around, last ditch effort for cash.

Not sure if this will be a new trophy set list or just the existing individual games though.

Christ, the thoughts of having to go through all that so many more times. Not because I hate it, but because they were so gut-wrenching. I especially don't look forward to 

Spoiler

killing that dog in Season Two

But hey, maybe I'll be desensitized by then! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dottyduke1 said:

But this is so much more than that. Skybound Games have truly gone in and remastered it. The seasons before Season 4 have been outfitted with Season 4's graphic style. Lip syncing has been greatly improved. Character models can now be viewed and there are a ton of behind the scenes videos. I'd hardly call it a repack.

Alright, cool. I’d play it all again then. Haven’t even played the final season yet. 

Many people don't realize that this is a completely different beast compared to the current "remastered" collection, which is immensely flawed, lazy and a disservice to TT:TWD fans.

Based on what has been shown and said so far about this upcoming collection, this one is promising and worth the actual investment. (And of course it's going to have a different trophy list, ideally/logically.)

If this actually has all new trophies, and by that I mean 3 Platinums and 2 100% for Season 2 and Michonne (assuming Michonne is in it)...aka 5 separate games. Then I'll definitely get it. Otherwise, all I need to play is The Final Season, which I've been waiting for a sale on. Also still have the PS3 version of Season 2 to play...I've had it for years now, I keep putting it off for some reason. 

Actually if you REALLY want to impress me....add a Plat to Season 2 and give us 4 Plats in one package. I'd happily replay everything again if I can get new Plats. 

Edited by Viper

8 hours ago, Viper said:

If this actually has all new trophies, and by that I mean 3 Platinums and 2 100% for Season 2 and Michonne (assuming Michonne is in it)...aka 5 separate games. Then I'll definitely get it. Otherwise, all I need to play is The Final Season, which I've been waiting for a sale on. Also still have the PS3 version of Season 2 to play...I've had it for years now, I keep putting it off for some reason. 

Actually if you REALLY want to impress me....add a Plat to Season 2 and give us 4 Plats in one package. I'd happily replay everything again if I can get new Plats. 

Michonne is in it. 

Just watched the trailer and had to laugh about "improved lip syncing" as someone mentioned here. Even in the trailer lip syncing is WAY off. Will still be playing this though, I have fond memories of the series. Glad to see Skybound cares enough not to let the series go down with the Telltale ship.

14 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Christ, the thoughts of having to go through all that so many more times. Not because I hate it, but because they were so gut-wrenching. I especially don't look forward to 

Reveal hidden contents

killing that dog in Season Two

But hey, maybe I'll be desensitized by then! ?

I played the first game twice. Once on Xbox to enjoy it, which I did. Great story. Second time on PS3 for the Plat. It was such a fucking slog. Zero replayability. You could just watch a YouTube video of your favorite segment and have the same experience as if you were "playing" it.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:46 AM, Dreakon13 said:

I don't see any option to order the physical copy of the game outside of one of those packs... but I guess that'll come closer to release.  Unless I'm missing something.

As expected, there are standard editions available now.  Which I have preordered. :D

I never played A New Frontier or the Final Season, which is awful because I'm a huge fan of the series (and the TWD franchise as a whole really).  I wanted to replay the first two games along with them but with the staggered episode releases, mixed reviews of later seasons, and all the drama around the Final Season and Telltale going under... there never really felt like a good time to start the series up again.  I did own the original remastered collection and the Final Season briefly on PS4.  Just never got around to them, and since they were both still unopened and the Final Season was a yucky season pass disc anyways, I sold them and ordered this collection instead.  Looking forward to it!

Edited by Dreakon13

It could be they they are just issuing a 2 disk set that repackages the walking dead collection on one disk and the final season on disk 2 similar to the kingdom hearts the story so far release(or if both is on the same disk could install 2 different aps ala the shenmue remaster). The collection already has those improvements advertised for seasons 1-3 and michonne so id be surprised if theres a new trophy set.