Skybound games announces The Walking Dead: The Telltale definitive series

3 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Still haven't played Season 4. First time I didn't get a season at launch and am still waiting for a sale. Torn now if I should get the collection and play thru everything or just get Season 4 

Wait to see if this collection has a new list, otherwise just wait for any seasons you haven't played yet to go on sale.

10 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Wait to see if this collection has a new list, otherwise just wait for any seasons you haven't played yet to go on sale.

Yeah that's exactly what I intend to do. I wouldn't bother if it doesnt have separate lists for each season. Might as well just get S4 by itself and get the platinum from that list

On 8/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, LightEcoSage said:

Many people don't realize that this is a completely different beast compared to the current "remastered" collection, which is immensely flawed, lazy and a disservice to TT:TWD fans.

Based on what has been shown and said so far about this upcoming collection, this one is promising and worth the actual investment. (And of course it's going to have a different trophy list, ideally/logically.)

Just out of curiosity, what is flawed about it? I never heard anything about it.

With or without this collection, S2 and S4 (even though I personally like S3, which is overly-criticized) are great seasons of TWD. S2 and especially S4 innovated and provided some of the best episodes in the series. The "waiting for a sale on S4" mindset, specifically, also just make sense. S2 has been out for years and have had objectively good sales since, while S4 launched at a great-fair price ($20), especially in comparison to the overly-priced Life is Strange Season 2 ($40), even with only 4 episodes.

17 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Just out of curiosity, what is flawed about it? I never heard anything about it.

Many things. Unfortunately I can't find the forum (from another website) containing the incredible detail on why it's so flawed and underwhelming, but the issues relate to graphics, subtitle writing, lack of features/removal of features, removal of music from prior versions and lazy reuse of others, etc. I'm sure a more competent person than myself can find the (objective) information I mentioned that have been referenced by many others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightEcoSage said:

Many things. Unfortunately I can't find the forum (from another website) containing the incredible detail on why it's so flawed and underwhelming, but the issues relate to graphics, subtitle writing, lack of features/removal of features, removal of music from prior versions and lazy reuse of others, etc. I'm sure a more competent person than myself can find the (objective) information I mentioned that have been referenced by many others.

That's a lot of problems... I'd imagine that this collection will be superior because it's Skybound representing its own IP, but maybe it won't be. We'll see, I guess.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:47 PM, communistwookiee said:

That's a lot of problems... I'd imagine that this collection will be superior because it's Skybound representing its own IP, but maybe it won't be. We'll see, I guess.

I've re-found some specific details and will list some I have remembered but was too lazy to list (this IS NOT all the issues, only purely some):

- Removal of credit scene music after episodes, such as "Take Us Back" after completing S1:E5, as just one example.

- Removal of prominent features, such as "Previously on The Walking Dead", "Next Time on The Walking Dead", "Clementine Profile/Your Clementine" (a feature that would show you the specific type of person you turned Clementine into by the end of S3), "Rewind" (one of the best features from S1 and S2), ETC.

- Graphic incompetence, like lack of tears in scenes, blood in scenes, lack of Stranger's car in a certain episode, etc (even though there's some visual upgrades in areas). Wish I could be more specific here.

- A very poor save infrastructure, which I was victim to, that includes choices you never made (during a scene you would say "Uh, I didn't do/remember that, wtf?"), the effects of choices in the story you shouldn't have (say Clementine for example having certain things she shouldn't), etc. Restarting episodes doesn't account for all the choices you made in the prior episodes—choices you made will be different (this pissed me off HIGHLY). There's also import-save issues.

- Absent conversations, such as the most commonly referenced one with Christa near the overpass in S1:E3.

- Etc

I've had to replay some of the same episodes in S2 multiple times because of save related issues alone. Then there's S3 which I by no exaggeration replayed through 3 times consecutively, because of save related issues. This same collection launched at $50 (same price as the upcoming definitive edition), and that's without coming with S4. This same collection was removed entirely from the servers. Even people who had it already can't download it any longer. So I don't even have to worry at all for anyone planning to play it.

This new definitive collection on the other-hand has already shown blatant improvements, in addition to brand new features that's never been in ANY of the prior versions. Don't even get me started on the price of the collection, which despite nearly being full retail price (I mean you do get 5 games + DLC) is better than every comparable TT:TWD [game] related bundle (I know of: Undead Survival Bundle and the aforementioned Collection) that has ever existed.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

Xbox One achievements list has dropped. If this is any indication we're not getting a five-platinums-for-the-price-of-one-list, but only one for the whole collection, as it was with the previous one. Still an easy one, but it will be a bit time-consuming. It's a shame but at least this time we'll get all 5 games and all their episodes on the disc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

Xbox One achievements list has dropped. If this is any indication we're not getting a five-platinums-for-the-price-of-one-list, but only one for the whole collection, as it was with the previous one. Still an easy one, but it will be a bit time-consuming. It's a shame but at least this time we'll get all 5 games and all their episodes on the disc.

No need to play the season 2 DLC... No misc trophies in the final season either! => Will probably pick this up at some point depending on the price. Have played all seperate seasons (PS3 & PS4) aswell as the previous collection so i won't mind waiting 6-12 months.

Edited by Quink666

35 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

Xbox One achievements list has dropped but it will be a bit time-consuming. It's a shame but at least this time we'll get all 5 games and all their episodes on the disc.

The lack of any miscellaneous trophies helps a lot, which can't be said about the other collection and separate releases!

24 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

No need to play the season 2 DLC.

This list requires playing S2.

Edited by EcoShifter

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

The lack of any miscellaneous trophies helps a lot, which can't be said about the other collection and separate releases!

This list requires playing S2.

Yeah i meant the season 1 DLC 400 Days, but it seems they are just calling it episode 6 instead.

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah i meant the season 1 DLC 400 Days, but it seems they are just calling it episode 6 instead.

Yep, the first collection did that as well but instead of through trophies, it did so through the game screens (i.e., the First Season section contained 400 Days, rather than it having its own section like the other seasons).

On 8/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, jgm4789 said:

It could be they they are just issuing a 2 disk set that repackages the walking dead collection on one disk and the final season on disk 2 similar to the kingdom hearts the story so far release(or if both is on the same disk could install 2 different aps ala the shenmue remaster). The collection already has those improvements advertised for seasons 1-3 and michonne so id be surprised if theres a new trophy set.

Xb1 comes with a new list 1 trophy per episode Here so i would assume ps4 to be same

On 8/21/2019 at 2:20 AM, Tetho_mig said:

To be fair... that would make sense. While playing every season and dlc would be fairly time consuming, you’d still get a plat just for showing up for the ride. I have done far more time consuming & difficult things for a plat, it wouldn’t be fair/balanced to get 4 or 5 for this. At least its an easy extra one?

Edited by Sifferino

On 4/19/2019 at 1:25 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

If you think for even a single moment I won't kill a man for a real life Disco Broccoli, you are sadly mistaken.

Apparently, I didn't play far enough into the series. What the hell is Disco Broccoli?

Anyway, I'll get this on the cheap. Every Telltale ever has been on the cheap at some point.

11 hours ago, Sifferino said:

it wouldn’t be fair/balanced to get 4 or 5 for this. 

Tee hee hee. "Fair and balanced" has no place in the world of trophies!

Edited by starcrunch061

On 8/21/2019 at 2:27 AM, Sifferino said:

To be fair... that would make sense. While playing every season and dlc would be fairly time consuming, you’d still get a plat just for showing up for the ride. I have done far more time consuming & difficult things for a plat, it wouldn’t be fair/balanced to get 4 or 5 for this. At least its an easy extra one?

Who said it had to be fair and balanced? You want to give us a REAL Definitive Edition...then it should be separate lists, all with Plats (except Michonne). That's how you do it right, that's how you give back to the fans. Because this list is just one Platinum with an amalgamation of trophies, they lost a sale from me. I have no reason to buy this now...when I yield better results just getting The Final Season by itself. 

I really want that shirt, hat, nesting dolls, and statue. However, can I really bring myself to spend $250 on that. 
Collectively I have beat:
Walking Dead S1: 3 times
Walking Dead S2: 3 times
Walking Dead S3: 2 times
Michonne: 1 time
Walking Dead S4: 1 time.
Sure I don't have to play the game, but If I buy it I might as well get the very easy platinum for it, but that is such a grind. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Who said it had to be fair and balanced? You want to give us a REAL Definitive Edition...then it should be separate lists, all with Plats (except Michonne). That's how you do it right, that's how you give back to the fans. Because this list is just one Platinum with an amalgamation of trophies, they lost a sale from me. I have no reason to buy this now...when I yield better results just getting The Final Season by itself. 

I agree.