NHL Playoffs 2019

TheRealClayman

17 hours ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

That VGK/Sharks game just wowD:. From a pure excitement stand point it was a pretty wild ride. Just all kinds of amazing watching the Sharks score 4 goals in four minutes. But at the same time I'm surprised Vegas kept their composure because they got shafted hard by the refs on a bad call. I watched that hit on Pavelski over and over, and I can see a 2 minute minor for the cross- check but not a 5 minute major. I loved the excitement but hate seeing a game decided on a " questionable" call. 

Anyone else see that madness? 

Any thoughts? 

And I tuned out right before the 5 minute major and comeback.  Game 6 was good but that was insane.

Defending Stanley Champion Caps in Game 7 tonight, Let’s Go!

These playoffs are shaping to be amazing. Honestly, I have no idea who is going to win it all which makes it so exciting.

And it is so hard to decide who I want to be the winner. In a way, San Jose has always been my team in the west but I love Rantanen and Landeskog. I love how Dallas has been playing lately and they have Heiskanen who is one of my favorite young players to watch at the moment but then again St. Louis has never won the Stanley cup and their drought is ... well, very long to say the least. Columbus and Carolina played so well in the first round and the Islanders deserve this after all the difficulties they've had in the past years. I guess as long as the Bruins don't win, I'll be satisfied haha although it wouldn't be a total disaster either.

it would be an amazing story if Columbus ends up winning the cup! now that all the Canadian teams are out, I'm cheering for Columbus. I love  a good under dog story

16 hours ago, Conker said:

Well that 10 year playoff wait for the Hurricanes have been worth it with a thriling win in game 7 to eliminate the Capitals. I wonder how Don Cherry feels atm xDxD 

I'm sure he's pissed because Mcheliney wasn't playing. Don Cherry seems to have a man crush on him  

On 4/24/2019 at 0:40 AM, monkeydluffy512 said:

I loved the excitement but hate seeing a game decided on a " questionable" call. 

Anyone else see that madness? 

Any thoughts? 

My thoughts are that the game was not decided on a questionable call. Yes, horrible, horrible call, but the knights were up by 4. Major penalty or not, how do you let four pucks in the net in 4 minutes? All they had to do was ice the puck for 5 minutes and put your remaining players in front of the goal and they win. Fans should be disappointed in the players, not the call for being completely unable to stop anything in the 5-minute span.

With the Caps out of it last night, I literally guessed 1 winner out of the 8 first round winners. And that team was... The Sharks! ?

Next year, I'm flipping a damn coin. Couldn't do any worse if I tried! I had the Sharks losing in the next round anyways...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My thoughts are that the game was not decided on a questionable call. Yes, horrible, horrible call, but the knights were up by 4. Major penalty or not, how do you let four pucks in the net in 4 minutes? All they had to do was ice the puck for 5 minutes and put your remaining players in front of the goal and they win. Fans should be disappointed in the players, not the call for being completely unable to stop anything in the 5-minute span.

Definitely agree with you on that. That is some poor wording on my part. Vegas had ample opportunities to put the series away, but nosedived hard for 5 minutes when all they needed to do was hold the line.

My bracket picks for round one were so bad I feel I gave everyone I picked to win a kiss of death. Boston was the only right call I made. Doing a second chance bracket and picked teams out of a hat for that one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Definitely agree with you on that. That is some poor wording on my part. Vegas had ample opportunities to put the series away, but nosedived hard for 5 minutes when all they needed to do was hold the line.

My bracket picks for round one were so bad I feel I gave everyone I picked to win a kiss of death. Boston was the only right call I made. Doing a second chance bracket and picked teams out of a hat for that one.

Glad I'm not the only one who did horrible! xD

I thought you probably thought the same way just from your overall perspective on the game, but that wording really threw me off! Haha.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

On 4/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

With the Caps out of it last night, I literally guessed 1 winner out of the 8 first round winners. And that team was... The Sharks! 1f602.png

Next year, I'm flipping a damn coin. Couldn't do any worse if I tried! I had the Sharks losing in the next round anyways...

I think it's both. I agree the call was horrible and played a role in the loss. But I agree with you that you can't give up 4 goals on 4 minutes either.

As for the Hurricanes, I can't root for them. I am originally from CT and still feel the sting of the Whalers leaving town.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Who does everyone want to win the NHL finals? Personally, I'd take the Blues because they are relatively close to where I am and Boston has enough parades as it is.

Tarasenko is on the cover of the last NHL game I got.  Coincidence?  Actually, yes it is.

Not sure who to pull for in this series.  Once the Caps got bounced, my interest plummeted.  Was hoping for the Sharks then but....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Who does everyone want to win the NHL finals? Personally, I'd take the Blues because they are relatively close to where I am and Boston has enough parades as it is.

St Louis because they don't have one, though not like i'm gonna be mad if the Bruins, i just want a great Final, maybe 7 games too ;) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conker said:

St Louis because they don't have one, though not like i'm gonna be mad if the Bruins, i just want a great Final, maybe 7 games too ;) 

I mean, you gotta feel bad for the Blues, right? 1-13 in the Stanley cup finals is just brutal. It'd be nice if they could finally get their first. And for the record, I don't hate the Bruins either! :P

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The Blues because they haven't won it before. And my friend is a Bruins fan so I don't want them to win hahah.

• Like 2

So the Blues a one win from the cup after the 2-1 game 5 win which will be remembered for the "Absolute" disgraceful refereeing decision to not award a blatant trip which lead to the Blues 2nd goal. There is no excuse in getting that wrong, i feel for the Bruins who were wrongfully done. 

14 hours ago, Conker said:

So the Blues a one win from the cup after the 2-1 game 5 win which will be remembered for the "Absolute" disgraceful refereeing decision to not award a blatant trip which lead to the Blues 2nd goal. There is no excuse in getting that wrong, i feel for the Bruins who were wrongfully done. 

Well, lets say they called a delayed penalty, that doesnt mean the Bruins would of scored. Bruins got away with non-called penalties, and it was on the player that decided to stay down on the ice instead of getting up and trying. Wont deny the refs have been awful, but with almost all teams, Sharks against GKnights, Avalanche and even us. Even Bruins got the refs on their side against the Hurricanes and us.

Anyways, shall see how it goes Sunday...

Let's go, Blues!!1!

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 1

The officiating has been atrocious this playoff season.  And it's having a huge impact on things because we're talking about calls that swing games and series.

And it's a shame, because there's been some very entertaining hockey otherwise.  But that gets overshadowed by the blind mice wearing stripes and blowing whistles.  (Or not.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Hopefully the refs don't have their yellow and black unis on tonight. I won't be watching this though, I can't support a league that is so overtly pro-bruins.

Go Blues.

No dog in this fight but the Blues were gifted a game in this series by the stripes.

Looking good though, 2-0 Blues at the end of the 1st.  Bruins dominated time of attack, shots but Blues getting much better goalie play.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

Blues have done it and won their first Stanley cup, Just How good was Binnington tonight, especially that 1st period. and to think the Blues were last in January, just truly amazing 

Now My Buffalo Sabres have the longest drought in the NHL, thx Blues :P 

Edited by Conker
  • Like 1

HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS FOR THE 1ST TIME AFTER 52 YEARS!!11!

LETS GO BLUUUUUUUEEEESSSS!!!!!1!

64217002_10156648002423661_1097428053241

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 3