MK11 content grind walls more Draconian than Injustice 2's

ziggypossum

So wait, you're saying that I can't be able to get the platinum just by playing offline, and I need to constantly stay connected to the online AND have to spend more damn money on the game in order for me to get (or at least attempt to earn) a majority of the trophies!?

20 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

So wait, you're saying that I can't be able to get the platinum just by playing offline, and I need to constantly stay connected to the online AND have to spend more damn money on the game in order for me to get (or at least attempt to earn) a majority of the trophies!?

Nah, if you don't play online you can't get the Platinum anyway due to the online trophies.

What it is basically saying is that just like in Injustice 2 certain stuff is unlocked through loot boxes. While at the current time nothing seems as bad as cat call, just like in Injustice 2 after you buy something offline next time you get online it will check how much currency you spent equal to how much you had last time you where online. Which means just like an Injustice 2 it is possible to have negative credits.

In other words it's exactly the same as Injustice 2's loot box system the only thing that has been added is apparently character intros, fatalities, and brutalities. Which is not surprising considering even in MKX you had to unlock most of the extra fatalities and brutalities anyway. 

At least that's how it reads to me.

Edit: also just like Injustice 2 nothing forces you to buy any of the microtransactions stuff. All the loot box stuff is earnable in game with in-game currency you get from playing.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Nope, you don't HAVE to stay online, just have to go online every once in a while to "sync" your rewards to the server. Why is this a big deal in an age where 90% of people gaming have internet?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

Nope, you don't HAVE to stay online, just have to go online every once in a while to "sync" your rewards to the server. Why is this a big deal in an age where 90% of people gaming have internet?

Because some don’t want to play games like this online, or they may not have a good internet connection, or some probably don’t have Internet. 

But damn grinding out a fatality is down right crazy. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Because some don’t want to play games like this online, or they may not have a good internet connection, or some probably don’t have Internet. 

They don't need to play games like this online.. they just need to connect to online. Don't need to fight anyone online.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sagaan said:

There r few ppl dat have already 70-90% of the trophies done. U can easily plat this under a week if u play a certain amount of time. Feel the wrath of shao kahn !

But no one has Equip 5 different character victories or Equip 5 different character intros yet... so I guess this could be a grind?

And I wonder what the trophy Skull Kabob (impale a head in the warrior shrine) is...

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

It's the bad internet connection for me at the moment until I go back to Canada in September.

7 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

But no one has Equip 5 different character victories or Equip 5 different character intros yet... so I guess this could be a grind?

And I wonder what the trophy Skull Kabob (impale a head in the warrior shrine) is...

they are tough to get

i opened around 230 chest and didnt even get 1 so your next choice is timed towers which are super hard to beat

but ofc with micro transactions skip option they should be easy if you just skip all

the impale i got no idea what it is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

they are tough to get

i opened around 230 chest and didnt even get 1 so your next choice is timed towers which are super hard to beat

but ofc with micro transactions skip option they should be easy if you just skip all

the impale i got no idea what it is 

Oh I thought you can get the victories and intros from the chests you get in the Krypt? I thought the Krypt is a little bit easier than the timed towers.

31 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Oh I thought you can get the victories and intros from the chests you get in the Krypt? I thought the Krypt is a little bit easier than the timed towers.

its written you can but... i got none

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Are the 50 Kasual Matches against others online? 

Yep

On 02.04.2019 at 4:06 AM, ResoluteRock said:

Very few multiplayer trophies, you only have to play 50 versus matches, give 100 respect points, and play a group match.

Edited by ziggypossum
fixed

On 4/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, soultaker655 said:

Nah, if you don't play online you can't get the Platinum anyway due to the online trophies.

What it is basically saying is that just like in Injustice 2 certain stuff is unlocked through loot boxes. While at the current time nothing seems as bad as cat call, just like in Injustice 2 after you buy something offline next time you get online it will check how much currency you spent equal to how much you had last time you where online. Which means just like an Injustice 2 it is possible to have negative credits.

In other words it's exactly the same as Injustice 2's loot box system the only thing that has been added is apparently character intros, fatalities, and brutalities. Which is not surprising considering even in MKX you had to unlock most of the extra fatalities and brutalities anyway. 

At least that's how it reads to me.

Edit: also just like Injustice 2 nothing forces you to buy any of the microtransactions stuff. All the loot box stuff is earnable in game with in-game currency you get from playing.

You had to unlock extra Fatalities in MK9. This is nothing new. There has ALWAYS been a grind to unlock content in Mortal Kombat. They jist made it suck this time.

While I don't care if this game has a lot of online multiplayer or single player, putting this bullshit on a paywall is getting ridiculous.

Hell, put a Fatality behind beating the game 10 - 20 times as long as it's something that you can unlock just by playing it. This paywall bullshit just confirmed that I will not be touching this game for a good long while.

And there are people who ask me why I don't play a lot of AAA games. As much as I think Sony's newer exclusives are stale, at least they are made without this notion that I can just pay my way to unlocking more content.

I cancelled my order. I didn't want to drop $73 on it after seeing all this BS. 7 kinds of currency? WTF. Loot boxes are in contrary to their previous statement

https://mp1st.com/news/there-are-7-kinds-of-mortal-kombat-11-currencies-loot-boxes-are-in-the-game-contrary-to-earlier-statement

Edited by Ghost

I don't see the option to buy anything but Time Crystals and a timed, limited selection of skins, gear, etc.  I was going to try to get some hearts with the Crystals I earned in-game but that's not an option unless I'm missing something. I would never spend money on microtransactions in a game that's not free to play but I'd like to put the Crystals I earned to use. 

The funny thing to me about microtransactions is that everybody seems to complain about them yet they're still around. Who's buying them to make it still be a lucrative option to companies? I honestly can't blame NRS/WB or any other company because why should they turn down extra money if impatient/foolish people are willing to spend money to get something NOW instead of playing the game?