Already earning trophies?

MorbidMercenary

Pretty forward question how are people already earning trophies before its release?

*Update* 

Me a culpa for asking a question i didnt know the answer too 

Edited by MorbidMercenary
Update

2 hours ago, monseiurpatty said:

Nice attitude to new members. Really wouldn't want to see someone with this attitude as a mod so I'm happy with the current team.

What is wrong with what I said and what is wrong with burying these worthless threads?

Maybe we could have a sticky post or banner at the top of each game forum which refers to trophies being earned before the official release of the game. It wouldn't stop the posts completely, but it would reduce them. This way you don't need to put resources in place for more mods.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

What is wrong with what I said and what is wrong with burying these worthless threads?

You talk about burying the thread yet you’re the one making an issue here, causing people to talk on it and in turn not burying it. He got his answer and yet you feel the need to complain and moreover have a go about the staff team and the amount of forum moderation.

You're not trying to bury the thread, you’re attempting to cause problems and in turn being rude to new members and to the staff.

Edited by monseiurpatty
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, monseiurpatty said:

You talk about burying the thread yet you’re the one making an issue here, causing people to talk on it and in turn not burying it. He got his answer and yet you feel the need to complain and moreover have a go about the staff team and the amount of forum moderation.

You're not trying to bury the thread, you’re attempting to cause problems and in turn being rude to new members and to the staff.

Don't worry about it dude. I'm glad someone new is posting on the forums.

Some people just want to find reasons to complain for or call for change without looking at the real issues, these threads happen often but they're never made by the same people, and if it gets someone new to post and get involved its a good thing.

At the end of the day we answered your question, just ignore the posts that add 0 value to the thread like his ones.

:) Hope you have a good day!

Edited by UltraDog177
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, monseiurpatty said:

How I'm being rude to staff? Every member of the staff works full time and has very little time to be here. When issues arise, takes them a while to get to it, since they are busy with their lives. Having more people in the staff would seriously mitigate the issue.

Also, rude to new members? I was mentioning that he would have an easier time if a staff member came here, locked the thread and redirected to another main thread with discussing on this subject and what not, instead of having people saying "oh man this again"/"every time someone asks this"/(insert common reply). This is already what is done to boosting threads, they get locked and redirected to the "here is what to do if you wanna boost trophies" thread. How is that rude? I don't understand.

I also don't agree how I'm making people talk on it, since I was the last to comment before you quoted me, but I can see your point and agree with you there. I saw a member making a question, I stated what is the situation and what would be a possible solution to his question. It's how I do things, I see problems, I think about how to solve it and I express my ideas in order to no longer have the initial problems.

You probably are right on the fact that the thread would have died faster if I didn't comment, because then you probably wouldn't have commented and this chain of replies wouldn't have existed. Couldn't have known that my post would have been misunderstood and caused this, but gonna try to word better next time I think I have something useful to add to a thread.

13 minutes ago, UltraDog177 said:

At the end of the day we answered your question, just ignore the posts that add 0 value to the thread like his ones.

You are free to comment how could my post have been more useful, by the way. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it's always better to have direction given at the same time.

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Unfortunately we always gonna have new people that doesn't know basic information like this so we get repeated threads over and over and over again ad infinitum. 

This is very passive aggressive and isn’t exactly promoting new members get involved with the community if they get replies like that when they ask questions they’re curious about. 

The moderation is fine, overly moderated forums lead to less activity, boring threads and no actual discussion. We wouldn’t be able to discuss this right now if we had a crackdown mod team that filtered every single thread to death; I fully disagree with having more mods and stricter mods. I know you’re not suggesting stricter moderation that but that’s what would occur with an increase of moderators. This in turn is why I think it’s unnecessary criticism.

I understand the view point but I don’t like this stance, answering the question and moving on is much more beneficial for all parties. The only reason I think people comment with negative connotations like you mention is because people will give them likes for a ‘funny’ or ‘witty’ response like some of the replies above you.

• Like 4

I don't understand why people get so agitated by those repeated questions as if they thought that others automatically gain the same amount of knowledge as they do as some kind of birthright or something like that. The fact that you know the answer to the question does not mean that every other person on the planet Earth know it too. World does not revolve around you, you know. 

Isn't it normal that some people will ask the same questions? Did you know everything from the start, or did you have to ask for the answer first?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, monseiurpatty said:

This is very passive aggressive and isn’t exactly promoting new members get involved with the community if they get replies like that when they ask questions they’re curious about. 

The moderation is fine, overly moderated forums lead to less activity, boring threads and no actual discussion. We wouldn’t be able to discuss this right now if we had a crackdown mod team that filtered every single thread to death; I fully disagree with having more mods and stricter mods. I know you’re not suggesting stricter moderation that but that’s what would occur with an increase of moderators. This in turn is why I think it’s unnecessary criticism.

I understand the view point but I don’t like this stance, answering the question and moving on is much more beneficial for all parties. The only reason I think people comment with negative connotations like you mention is because people will give them likes for a ‘funny’ or ‘witty’ response like some of the replies above you.

When I wrote it, it wasn't passive agressive at all, it's just a statement on how the things are, because that's how they are, no? Passive agressive behaviour is the second worst way to handle a discussion (first being mockery, third being silence). Need to go and see what piece of that statemente made it being understood that way and avoid that in the future, I think.

I wasn't talking about stricter moderation, but more times during the day where the moderation is active. With full time jobs and families, it's hard for the current staff to be around as often as they could be. From what I've seen the current staff handling the threads, it wouldn't change much apart from the fact that drama-based threads would be locked way faster than they are, which is good. Drama is waste of time for everyone involved, apart from some individuals which seem to have some pleasure from watching the struggle in the relationship of others. A bit sadist if you ask me, but that's beside the point.

I understand your point about unnecessary criticism. I think you have your stance on the matter based on your previous life experiences and I have mine and neither of us is going on change regarding that since we both seem to have different ideals of what a better forum would be. Think that point in the discussion stops here.

I agree with your last point, reason why I think that locking and redirecting would be the best way to handle, not only because it would lead the person toward the answer they seek, but also because it would show a pattern to be followed by the other members when the mods are not avaiable. If you see the boosting threads, you will notice that a lot of members follow the same pattern that the moderation left behind and those usually go nicely by. I don't personally like "farming" likes from others ignorance. Dude made a question, he deserves an answer like anyone else. Since this question has been done a lot of times in the past, I think it would be better to have it centralized in one single thread where all the "getting trophies before release is cheating" people can meet the "no it's not" people and then argue there instead. This is probably just my own vision of organized chaos though.

Reference: 

• Like 1