Insane Playthrough

NTN_JOSHY

Just now, SinisterPledge said:

I. Fucking. Got. It.

Man that was a frustrating trophy. But damn was it rewarding. Some infuriating moments, as well as hilarious and strange ones.

In case anyone is wondering, as I did, you can be dead as the mission finishes and the cutscene plays. I was alive at the end for all missions except New York Chapter 1, and the trophy still popped. So don't worry about that. Just make sure the mission is a success.

I can confirm you can be dead and still get the trophy or even joining a game that has already started is fine, This one i joined after it was started and we all died at the end luckily 1 person died as they entered the square so we were so lucky it got completed.

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Grats guys! 

Any general tips for us who haven't started yet? Play all fixers?

Fixers are mandatory imo. So much clutch potential, between the masking grenade and the passive to stand up when everyone else is down.

Literally won Jerusalem Chapter 1 because I was knocked down beside the helicopter. Zombies ignored me and killed everyone else just as the chopper gets ready for take-off. I stand up and we win.

I would say definitely bring one medic. It's nice having one person making sure everyone is patched up, and over the course of a mission, the stim pistol really does make a difference.

Edited by SinisterPledge

14 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

Fixers are mandatory imo. So much clutch potential, between the masking grenade and the passive to stand up when everyone else is down.

Literally won Jerusalem Chapter 1 because I was knocked down beside the helicopter. Zombies ignored me and killed everyone else just as the chopper is ready. I stand up and we win.

I would say definitely bring one medic. It's nice having one person making sure everyone is patched up, and over the course of a mission, the stim pistol really does make a difference.

Would it be fine to play with randoms? Are those playing on insane any good

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I can confirm you can be dead and still get the trophy or even joining a game that has already started is fine, This one i joined after it was started and we all died at the end luckily 1 person died as they entered the square so we were so lucky it got completed.

I was in the same Game ? 

The Information is really helpful.?

Edited by C_S_1983

46 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Would it be fine to play with randoms? Are those playing on insane any good

I did every single mission with randoms. Never with any premade groups. It is very hit or miss. You will go through a lot of groups on your way to the trophy. I'd say maybe 10% knows what they're doing on Insane. When you find a group of randoms and you manage to clear a mission - stick with them for as long as it lasts. A lot of people join insane with their level 4 class. Don't bother joining those missions.

So yes, getting this with randoms is doable, but tedious. Persistence is key. On a positive note, it is my experience that the community has gotten better. I tried the Insane mode with randoms a week ago or so, and it was just lolnope two minutes into the mission. Now there's quite a lot of high leveled players out there.

To add a bit more, I found Chapter 1 of New York and Tokyo to be the hardest. 12 crates on the New York mission is brutal. A bunch of tight corridors, lurkers and an endless stream of zombies. Tokyo 1 was very frustrating for me as well. Kept failing at the end. Those three massive waves cause fps drop and just general panic. There were times when I thought this is just too fucking much.

I heard a lot of bad things about Jerusalem 2, but tbh, I didn't find it too hard. You only need to get 8 crates and there's a lot of open space to run away from swarms. Just bring lots of Fixers. Oh, and speaking of, I really recommend taking the Fixer perk that gives you and the teammate you just ressed a 3 sec masking effect. Allows both of you to reload and put some distance between you and the zombies, instead of being insta-killed one second later.

Good luck!

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

I did every single mission with randoms. Never with any premade groups. It is very hit or miss. You will go through a lot of groups on your way to the trophy. I'd say maybe 10% knows what they're doing on Insane. When you find a group of randoms and you manage to clear a mission - stick with them for as long as it lasts. A lot of people join insane with their level 4 class. Don't bother joining those missions.

So yes, getting this with randoms is doable, but tedious. Persistence is key. On a positive note, it is my experience that the community has gotten better. I tried the Insane mode with randoms a week ago or so, and it was just lolnope two minutes into the mission. Now there's quite a lot of high leveled players out there.

To add a bit more, I found Chapter 1 of New York and Tokyo to be the hardest. 12 crates on the New York mission is brutal. A bunch of tight corridors, lurkers and an endless stream of zombies. Tokyo 1 was very frustrating for me as well. Kept failing at the end. Those three massive waves cause fps drop and just general panic. There were times when I thought this is just too fucking much.

I heard a lot of bad things about Jerusalem 2, but tbh, I didn't find it too hard. You only need to get 8 crates and there's a lot of open space to run away from swarms. Just bring lots of Fixers. Oh, and speaking of, I really recommend taking the Fixer perk that gives you and the teammate you just ressed a 3 sec masking effect. Allows both of you to reload and put some distance between you and the zombies, instead of being insta-killed one second later.

Good luck!

I see what you mean by Tokyo 1 being a nightmare. I was playing it on Hard tonight and the frames at the end dropped REALLY badly. Either there’s just too many zombies on screen or they didn’t optimize that level at all. We failed right at the end, but I could see this level being almost impossible on Insane.

I’ve also found New York 2 to be challenging. My team of randoms never targets the zombies attacking the train at the end, and as a result, the driver dies and the entire mission fails. All of this assuming you survive the hellish gas chamber part before it.

I’m going to go for the Insane trophy and have it by the end of the month (or die trying) :spank:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I see what you mean by Tokyo 1 being a nightmare. I was playing it on Hard tonight and the frames at the end dropped REALLY badly. Either there’s just too many zombies on screen or they didn’t optimize that level at all. We failed right at the end, but I could see this level being almost impossible on Insane.

I’ve also found New York 2 to be challenging. My team of randoms never targets the zombies attacking the train at the end, and as a result, the driver dies and the entire mission fails. All of this assuming you survive the hellish gas chamber part before it.

I’m going to go for the Insane trophy and have it by the end of the month (or die trying) :spank:

Tokyo 1 wasn't lagging before this latest patch, well atleast on Pro. But now it also does for me...

NY2, it seems like they nerfed the time for train driver to die, before patch it was 50-60 seconds and now its like 30? Also seems to take forever to clear & save the driver, I noticed once that the timer stopped at 2 seconds to let us clear the last few remaining Zs

49 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Surprisingly Tokyo were the easiest 2 missions for me on insane. Also i never dropped any frames on Tokyo 1.

Working on Moscow 2 right now. I have no idea how to stand the first encounter in the parking garage.

Edited by Katzen147

Tokyo 1 was one of my last missions i needed i didn't get lag on it but the amount of times we failed right in last few seconds and once crashed just as it was about to complete, Also i did complete all my Insane run with randoms so it's possible but don't expect to get through it very quickly the best setup would be 4 level 30 fixers or maybe 1 medic, The other problem is that you could join with 2 of you then get level 2's etc join you for an xp boost so either try another mission or get a group of 4 as right now playing offline with bots feels almost impossible since the last patch.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, SinisterPledge said:

I. Fucking. Got. It.

Man that was a frustrating trophy. But damn was it rewarding. Some infuriating moments, as well as hilarious and strange ones.

In case anyone is wondering, as I did, you can be dead as the mission finishes and the cutscene plays. I was alive at the end for all missions except New York Chapter 1, and the trophy still popped. So don't worry about that. Just make sure the mission is a success.

did you do your play through on solo or w/ friends/randoms or a combo of both?

5 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

did you do your play through on solo or w/ friends/randoms or a combo of both?

Only online with randoms. I tried to do it with bots (before the nerf) but it wasn't for me. Found it boring to play alone. And I didn't want to mix online/offline as someone said that caused the trophy not to pop. Not sure if it's true or not but I'd recommend picking one alternative and sticking with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinisterPledge said:

Only online with randoms. I tried to do it with bots (before the nerf) but it wasn't for me. Found it boring to play alone. And I didn't want to mix online/offline as someone said that caused the trophy not to pop. Not sure if it's true or not but I'd recommend picking one alternative and sticking with it.

Online/Offline works.  I made 3 Offline and 8 Online and i got the Trophy. 

• Like 3

Was able to beat

New york 1

New york 2

New york 3

Jerusalem 1

Jerusalem 2

Jerusalem 3

Moscow 1

Moscow 2

Moscow 3

Tokyo 1

Tokyo 2

This evening with randoms. Attempted Jerusalem 2 but... The end is too hard wtf, constant swarms from everywhere.

I was the only one/two of us were playing as fixer in all maps. I don't really like the class but the masking grenades are useful when saving teammates lol. Jerusalem 2 probably needs all fixers.

So by saying this, all fixers aren't required for these 5 maps. Just one decent fixer and generally good players, had one guy who was lvl 100 who played demolisher like crazy and carried us during tough moments, other 2 weren't so good but carriable. We all died on New York 3 but this guy defended the winch for 3 minutes solo and escaped... Was amazing

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

Nice! Just finished Jerusalem 2 with 3 fixers 1 medic. Was probably 4th or 5th with random team every time though.

Last map is Tokyo 1 ?

Edit: @foxepl my man wtf happened! We beat the Tokyo 1 map, but you disconnected right at the end? Too sad bro :/

@C_S_1983 thanks for a nice game on Moscow 1 I think it was

Got trophy! Took 2 evenings to beat all on insane. Finally don't have to worry about the new zombie or new difficulty. Now I need like 23k credits

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 3

A few things I found today:

- The new resurrecting zombie is coming out sometime in May, and apparently will only resurrect if you don’t “kill it properly” (I assume this means headshot?)

- The new difficulty, Extreme, is coming in June. No idea whether this will affect the “hardest difficulty” trophy but there is still about a month to get the trophy before Extreme difficulty goes live.

Found this from a link tweeted by the WWZ Twitter account.

Starting my Insane runs today, pray for me :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Starting my Insane runs today, pray for me :P

I was really lazy to start insane runs but once I did, I completed them all. It was pretty fun and challenging + took loooots of time being tactical and playing with strategy

Good luck !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem I'm having is having to play with randoms. While I have found some decent players who actually wanted to finish levels & played well, the majority are Rambo wannabes who rush in swinging machetes not at all caring they are now in your line of fire & then taking anything not nailed down before promptly getting downed. That or people with breach charges who won't open doors or the guys who think molotovs are more important than stim guns & masking grenades.

I came accross a guy yesterday who was a massive liability. In a single level he downed himself 3 times with own grenades (he couldn't throw them for crap & they kept deflecting back towards him), one of which he almost caused a wipe as he threw it in an enclosed space but luckily myself & the other person playing Fixer both has Please Stand Up trigger. The kicker with him was he had a mic but every time he did something like that he decided the game was screwing him over or it was someone else's fault.

• 2 months later...
On 2019-08-28 at 4:11 PM, vanillamoose said:

I really need help with insane mode 1f623.png So far, have been able to get all episodes of New York done on insane, with some good friends, but have been really struggling with the rest of the episodes...if anyone wants to play and knock out this insane trophy, lmk 1f609.png

Really need help on Moscow ch2. The newest patch made AI totally useless, and zombies are more crazy. No resources 

which totally depends on luck. Really get mad on this game :( 

• Like 1